Page 95 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2680
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I like CBR for reasons already stated. As well, CBR Rumbles is more for a seasoned adult crowd. Other places (I've lurked on other websites) seem more for the juvenile crowd. I notice at least one place is in fact predominated by Hulk fans that troll anyone who disagree with them. Wankery is indeed allowed and in fact is the way.

So, no thanks. I do my debating here where moderators actually enforce rules rules and dont allow trolling. Everywhere else I've ever been? Pretty much anything goes. So, to be clear. No thanks.
    Rumbles is pretty inactive is another problem with it, all the seasoned users on comicvine have been there since like 2008, a lot of them are people in their 30's and 40's lol. Which place is that? I couldn't find a Hulk specific forum anywhere unfortunately.

I can't and dont want to force you into anything but you should watch out not to exist inside a bubble then your views wont expand much, since you will only have people with confirmation bias surrounding you and nobody to challenge those opinions, this is what happened to a site like KMC where everyone thinks someone like Superman can beat Odin, anyway take care.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 05-17-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Rumbles is pretty inactive is another problem with it,
    What a shame to hear you **** talk Rumbles. But noted. Rumbles is the only site that doesn't predominate with wankery and trolls. People on other websites prefer to push fan fiction as truth as opposed to logic based on feats. Let's be honest, most people prefer being lied to. Of course, these are blue collar opinion driven forums, so just my two cents.

all the seasoned users on comicvine have been there since like 2008, a lot of them are people in their 30's and 40's lol. Which place is that? I couldn't find a Hulk specific forum anywhere unfortunately.
    That's weird. At least one sites battle type threads are literally run by Hulk fans.

I can't and dont want to force you into anything but you should watch out not to exist inside a bubble then your views wont expand much,
    Said the Sith to the Jedi, lol. Just kidding man. Rumbles doesn't include "in character" battles if that's what you mean by mind expanding. Most of it is non essential drivel that opens the door for sheer wank. So if you mean Rumbles is simplified, I'll buy that. Anything else, coupled with lack of moderation and a coherent set of rules leads to folks trolling each other people being banned and for the real creeps, changing IP addresses, etc...yeah. Real **** show. Thanks. But I prefer Rumbles.

since you will only have people with confirmation bias surrounding you and nobody to challenge those opinions,
    Not the case on Rumbles. By and large, a feats driven forum. On Rumbles, back up your claims with feats or go home.

This is what happened to a site like KMC where everyone thinks someone like Superman can beat Odin, anyway take care.
    Yeah, on Rumbles, Odin stomps Superman, so yeah not on Rumbles. Take care.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

BANNED

What a shame to hear you **** talk Rumbles. But noted. Rumbles is the only site that doesn't predominate with wankery and trolls. People on other websites prefer to push fan fiction as truth as opposed to logic based on feats. Let's be honest, most people prefer being lied to. Of course, these are blue collar opinion driven forums, so just my two cents.
    I am not sh!t talking them? What? I said they aren't that active and that's true, especially compared to a place like Comicvine. That's true across all websites, the one way comicvine combats this is by organizing tournaments and CAV's where people present their best arguments and then everyone gets to vote on whose is the best argument, the CAV's and tournaments are heavily moderated so no trolling or flaming or wankery is allowed otherwise people get dismissed.

That's weird. At least one sites battle type threads are literally run by Hulk fans.
    Which one? I might go and debunk their wank if that's the case, i recently got booted from a Hulk fanboy server because i challenged their views on Hulk, so it's always fun to dispel fanboys.

Said the Sith to the Jedi, lol. Just kidding man. Rumbles doesn't include "in character" battles if that's what you mean by mind expanding. Most of it is non essential drivel that opens the door for sheer wank. So if you mean Rumbles is simplified, I'll buy that. Anything else, coupled with lack of moderation and a coherent set of rules leads to folks trolling each other people being banned and for the real creeps, changing IP addresses, etc...yeah. Real **** show. Thanks. But I prefer Rumbles.
    Comicvine doesn't include in character battles either. Sure as i explained CAV's and tournaments are invented for this reason here is a cool CAV going on between a mod over there and another user and it's Hal vs Thor you might like it.

CaV: Hal Jordan (ET) vs Thor (BS2099)

I dunno if i am allowed to post links, so just type that in google and see the first result.

Not the case on Rumbles. By and large, a feats driven forum. On Rumbles, back up your claims with feats or go home.
    That's literally the same with comicvine lol.

Yeah, on Rumbles, Odin stomps Superman, so yeah not on Rumbles. Take care.
    I know which is why i told you the dangerous of comicvine, i haven't checked Rumbles much in terms of the general consensus, but i might and see where their faults lie, take care.

you guys should check SpacebattleForum if you are thirsty for PL discussions

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Oh i've been there, i am not really a fan personally they overrate a lot of characters, they think regular Hulk is a planet buster and you can't convince them otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    SpacebattleForum? Never heard of it (and I've been to loootssss, lol.) I'll check it out, thx.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

LOL I will never get myself into discussions anymore xd

everyone has their own view.

btw, I don't know if these will help your discussions but RKT is independent of OF

Last edited by GodThor; 05-17-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Nice, thx!

So...I was rereading the old interview with CBR of Cates https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...interview/amp/

He referred to Thor as Superman, but a dick. How do you guys feel about that characterization?
    ----------------------

Nice, thx!

So...I was rereading the old interview with CBR of Cates https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...interview/amp/

He referred to Thor as Superman, but a dick. How do you guys feel about that characterization?
    yeah, I don't like his characterization of Thor and Galactus but I got used to Galactus being like that.

Thor sounds too... dickish all of a sudden.

I know he has a burden but still...

I'm glad Sif talked some sense into him.

BANNED

Nice, thx!

I don't like it. Thor to me represents nobility, honor, justice, he is a god, he is beyond such petty nonsense as in acting like a dick, if you look at Thors earliest portrayals he was never like that, he would often reprimand himself whenever he would go out of order by unleashing too much power on someone and endangering the innocent, so i am not fond of that characterization from Cates. But honestly it doesn't seem like Cates can write that type of character anyway, he seems to be only able to write assholes.

I don't like it. Thor to me represents nobility, honor, justice, he is a god, he is beyond such petty nonsense as in acting like a dick, if you look at Thors earliest portrayals he was never like that, he would often reprimand himself whenever he would go out of order by unleashing too much power on someone and endangering the innocent, so i am not fond of that characterization from Cates.
    Pretty much my thought as well. I feel like modern writers paint Thor as still / arrogant. Odin taught Thor humility...loonnggg time ago. Subsequent writers portraying him that way is just/not/accurate.

But honestly it doesn't seem like Cates can write that type of character anyway, he seems to be only able to write assholes.
    Couldnt say, haven't read much of his until silver surfer black and now Thor. I'm however, hopeful that he will portray Thor at proper power levels. Beats the hell out of Aaron's stuff geez.
    ----------------------

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

I don't like it. Thor to me represents nobility, honor, justice, he is a god, he is beyond such petty nonsense as in acting like a dick, if you look at Thors earliest portrayals he was never like that, he would often reprimand himself whenever he would go out of order by unleashing too much power on someone and endangering the innocent, so i am not fond of that characterization from Cates. But honestly it doesn't seem like Cates can write that type of character anyway, he seems to be only able to write assholes.
    Kinda like Mark Millar.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Thor has never been a jerk, Thor was always noble and underatanding, his "jerk" attitude began with some sparks with Fraction and exploded with Aaron, this makes me worried that those are the only runs Cates has read.

For over 50 years, Thor was never a jerk, quite the opposite, he was a godly Captain America.

I have commented on Cates' take before, I don't like much his characterization of Thor's personality, but everything else has been pretty good, and I've enjoyed every single thing Cates has written, so I am excited for his Thor run.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    What would you guys say is Thor’s rogues gallery? One example I’ve seen:

Loki, Surtur, Ulik, the Enchantress, the Executioner, the Wrecking Crew, the Absorbing Man, Mister Hyde, the Cobra, Radioactive Man, Zarrko, Grey Gargoyle
    Since Amora is on the list, I'm assuming female enemies are fine...
    Lorelei
    (sister of the Enchantress)

Hela

Quicksand

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Since Amora is on the list, I'm assuming female enemies are fine...
    Lorelei
    (sister of the Enchantress)

Hela

Quicksand

I forgot that Rule 63 Sandman existed.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.