Page 99 of 179 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2680
    BANNED

Dude, Thor having the Odin Force was literally introduced in Donny Cates run, Thor didn't have it when he became ruler of Asgard for two simple reasons, the first one being that you don't automatically get the Odin Force if you become the ruler of Asgard, that has NEVER been the case, second and probably most important one, this is a story created and crafted by Donny Cates, his plans were his alone for HIS run on the book, Jason Aaron never had Thor with Odin Force or he would have mentioned it during the remaining of his run after WOTR, he probably didn't even know what Cates had planned, as evidenced by Kelly Thompson herself not knowing that Cates was going to have Thor with the Odin Force and she already confirmed she wrote a standard Thor in her fight against Carol, and that was post WOTR, so there is your proof.

You guys forget that this is a medium to tell stories by different creators and not a showcase for battle forums or whatnot, this particular creator started his run with Thor having the Odin Force, it was introduced in his run, and there was never any mention of it prior to his run.

It doesn't get any more clear than that.
    Last edited by Wall-Crawler; 05-19-2020 at 07:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Dude, Thor having the Odin Force was literally introduced in Donny Cates run, Thor didn't have it when he became ruler of Asgard for two simple reasons, the first one being that you don't automatically get the Odin Force if you become the ruler of Asgard, that has NEVER been the case, second and probably most important one, this is a story created and crafted by Donny Cates, his plans were his alone for HIS run on the book, Jason Aaron never had Thor with Odin Force or he would have mentioned it during the remaining of his run after WOTR, he probably didn't even know what Cates had planned, as evidenced by Kelly Thompson herself not knowing that Cates was going to have Thor with the Odin Force and she already confirmed she wrote a standard Thor in her fight against Carol, and that was post WOTR, so there is your proof.

You guys forget that this is a medium to tell stories by different creators and not a showcase for battle forums or whatnot, this particular creator started his run with Thor having the Odin Force, it was introduced in his run, and there was never any mention of it prior to his run.

Ok, show me where it was stated he had the OF in Cates run, show me which issue exactly? I never said you automatically the the OF when you become the rule of Asgard but there was NEVER a mention of when Thor got the Odin Force, but everyone assumes it was when he become the King of Asgard which makes sense he is the ruler now. Aaron forgot to mention why Odin is weaker than regular Thor too and why he is so pathetic and appearing not to have the OF either for several years, among the various other things he forgot to mention so that's not really a good excuse. Kelly Thompson still doesn't know Thor has OF, because nowhere in the book is it mentioned that he has the OF, only in the interviews.

You still haven't provided me where it was mentioned in his run that Thor has the OF, it was never mentioned, in the entire run there is only one HINT that he has the OF and that's when he says he is the All-Father and with that comes a certain power

Now i wonder where he first became the All-Father? Oh that's right

Now unless you provide me actual PROOF that Thor gained the OF AFTER this, i am gonna go with his word and say he gained it when he gained the title as well which is at the end of WOTR.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post

^ This is too frequent a thought I have when reading through some threads...

BANNED

..........*sigh*

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

The confusion may lie between the "Odin Force" and "All Father."

The former belongs to Odin and the latter belongs to Thor. Odin can only have the Odin force because he is Odin and All father (or All Mother) title goes to ruler of Asgard.

Thor did however have the Thor Force which is explicitly mentioned with King Thor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    The confusion may lie between the "Odin Force" and "All Father."

The former belongs to Odin and the latter belongs to Thor. Odin can only have the Odin force because he is Odin and All father (or All Mother) title goes to ruler of Asgard.

Thor did however have the Thor Force which is explicitly mentioned with King Thor.
    Thor has also had the Odin Force before and referred to it specifically as Odin Force.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Some writers are very, VERY bad at portraying power level differences, whether intentionally or just out of sheer ignorance. The Odin Force has allowed Odin to straight up destroy galaxies, Jane going against Thor with OF should be a 1000 times worse than an ant going against an elephant but as i said writers either dont want to or don't know how to portray such differences in comics properly.

This is why people went after even Cates recently for having cosmic Thor get knocked down by a rock... he can stand still as Galactus blasts him but he can't stay up in the air when people throw rocks at him.
    The Odinforce also gave Thor an Heat Vision powerful enough to disintegrate Wolverine's adamantium skeleton, the abuilty to reconstruct the moon on a molecular level, destroy Mangog with one hand, turn the Uru weapons of Loki's minions into harmless wooden toys, teleport Beta Ray Bill in another galaxy and destroy the web of fate that held the World Tree together.

Jurngens and Oeming's King Thor storyline needs more love.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

OF doesn't make sense for very long time.

when Odin died during DJ run, Thor got the Odinforce.

when Thor broke the cycle he was RKT. that kid who followed him was OF.

when Thor came back under JMS, he had OF and he brought everyone back.

when he resurrected Odin, Odin got OF back.

that was under Fraction iirc.

during Fear Itself, Odin went to self exile for all eternity when Cul was defeated.

enter All-Mother's (Freyja, Iddun and Gaea) but iirc they didn't get the Odinforce and Thor didn't have it either.

during Original Sin, Odin comes back and he had it there so he didn't lose it when he went to self exile.

during WotR, OF was almost depleted but they forgot about the Odinsleep.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post

during Fear Itself, Odin went to self exile for all eternity when Cul was defeated.

enter All-Mother's (Freyja, Iddun and Gaea) but iirc they didn't get the Odinforce and Thor didn't have it either.

during Original Sin, Odin comes back and he had it there so he didn't lose it when he went to self exile.

This post really makes me wish for Fernando Comics to make a video on Odin's character assassination.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Thor has also had the Odin Force before and referred to it specifically as Odin Force.
    I'm not disagreeing, but I do not remember if Thor had the Odinforce during Aaron's run other than King Thor (even then it was referred to as the Thorforce). During WoTR he became All-Father but was not imbued with the Odinforce - unless it happened off panel.

But as GodThor has stated Thor had it during JMS' run which I had completely forgot about.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I'm not disagreeing, but I do not remember if Thor had the Odinforce during Aaron's run other than King Thor (even then it was referred to as the Thorforce). During WoTR he became All-Father but was not imbued with the Odinforce - unless it happened off panel.

But as GodThor has stated Thor had it during JMS' run which I had completely forgot about.
    That's what i was saying Thor Force is a term Aaron came up with, before that it was known as Odin Force, even during the Dan Jurgens the Reigning story, it was referred to as OF.

That's what i was saying Thor Force is a term Aaron came up with, before that it was known as Odin Force, even during the Dan Jurgens the Reigning story, it was referred to as OF.
    JMS used it first. When Thor met with Odin during an Odin sleep and helped him fight Surtur, Odin asked him how and why he was there. Thor began to explain about being in the Odin sleep when Odin says something to the effect of. "The power is yours. It is the Thor Force now."

So it isn't something Aaron came up with, but coopted for Old King Thor's usage with the reasoning that by that point in the future he has had the power for longer than Odin did so it was linked more to him instead.

EDIT: Found it Thor Vol 3 #7. Memory of what Odin said was slightly off. It was in reference to the Odinsleep not the Odinforce.
    RCO016.jpg
    Last edited by Danvidar; 05-20-2020 at 11:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    JMS used it first. When Thor met with Odin during an Odin sleep and helped him fight Surtur, Odin asked him how and why he was there. Thor began to explain about being in the Odin sleep when Odin says something to the effect of. "The power is yours. It is the Thor Force now."

So it isn't something Aaron came up with, but coopted for Old King Thor's usage with the reasoning that by that point in the future he has had the power for longer than Odin did so it was linked more to him instead.
    Good to know.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Pretty sure Thor didn't have the full Odinforce during JMS' run, when he and Strange reforge Mjolnir, Thor mentions that he only has "some of Odin's power" and then they use the last of it to repair Mjolnir.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Pretty sure Thor didn't have the full Odinforce during JMS' run, when he and Strange reforge Mjolnir, Thor mentions that he only has "some of Odin's power" and then they use the last of it to repair Mjolnir.
    he did but he used most of that power while bringing back Asgardians.

then he recharged himself via Odinsleep.

after that, he fought Bor and barely won which resulted in Mjolnir being broken.