Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Cardy.jpg

I want a modern update of the Cardy costume complete with the necklace, black stars and black boots but maybe add a black leather coat or jacket to give her a tough girl vibe. To me her colors should be red, black and white with gold accents.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Cardy.jpg

I want a modern update of the Cardy costume complete with the necklace, black stars and black boots but maybe add a black leather coat or jacket to give her a tough girl vibe. To me her colors should be red, black and white with gold accents.
    Looks like a version of the Cardy costume in the flash forward from Doomsday Clock based on the neckline and diagonal placement of the stars...
    doomsday donna.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Looks like a version of the Cardy costume in the flash forward from Doomsday Clock based on the neckline and diagonal placement of the stars...
    doomsday donna.jpg
    True, I like the necklace because I love the idea of jewelry as a weapon lol it's such an old fashioned, James Bond-ian trope. That's why I like Diana's tiara and the exploding earrings she had during the mod era, also the earrings that gave her oxygen underwater. Apparently useless ornamentation having a hidden purpose is just cool to me.

BANNED

A question: if Doomsday Clock is placed one year on future, that it means Donna Troy cured from infection will be back as Wonder Girl? I mean, in Doomsday Clock she uses her WG suit

Just because she's back in the red suit, it doesn't mean she's Wonder Girl again (it wouldn't make sense for Donna to use that name now, especially if 5G causes Cassie to graduate from it as well). She could be Troia, or not using a codename at all. Note that the costume in Doomsday Clock lacks the belt with the W on it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be fine with going back to any of her iconic classic costumes over the current look at this point.
    Her rebirth was perfect, leave red for Artemis

I like the black star field bodysuit most myself. It's unique and looks cool.

Donna is brought up by Wonder Woman in today’s Batman/Superman ‘cause of the whole Batman Who Laughs infection thing. It’s nice to see she cares.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Donna is brought up by Wonder Woman in today’s Batman/Superman ‘cause of the whole Batman Who Laughs infection thing. It’s nice to see she cares.
    That's nice to know. I thought it was a missed opportunity that when Diana found out about the infection, she went to help Supergirl instead of Donna. I hope that after all of this Batman Who Laughs Infected nonsense that Donna can be brought back into the WW book. Orlando... are you listening???

Agreed, if there's no Titans book, Donna should be in Diana's supporting cast.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

What the hell is going on with that storyline? It's like the one shot and she's infected, and then nothing???

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    What the hell is going on with that storyline? It's like the one shot and she's infected, and then nothing???
    Donna is currently appearing in Year of the Villain: Hell Arisen #2 (of 4) which is a continuation of the Donna Troy: Deathbringer storyline as one of the Batman Who Laughs Secret Six. Donna was also mentioned by Wonder Woman in Batman/Superman #6. Diana is genuinely concerned for her former protege and has been tracking her movements, although I don't know where that will lead since that story line leads to WW appearance in Supergirl.

Far as Year of the Villain, Donna's inclusion as one of the Six has been a bit unremarkable, although in Batman/Superman the two discussed in the Fortress of Solitude how dangerous Donna is and comparing her to WW level of power. A nice mention but, to my knowledge she's not been shown flying post Rebirth except for in her Infected one shot and it seems like the virus maybe amped up her power levels or, perhaps post Rebirth we really haven't seen what Donna is fully capable of. I'm really hoping that at the end of the Infected storyline, Donna will be cured from her infection and brought back into the main WW book.

The Infected: Deathbringer revealed that she remembers all of her origins. Logically, that should also mean, in theory, that she has all of her powers as both Wonder Girl and Troia, as all versions of her history have been combined. Hopefully 5G will clean that up, by restoring her back to one of her first two origins (the other pre-Flashpoint retcons really weren't needed).

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

If Diana is indeed going to be the first super hero and having been operating since the 30's or 40's...then there's absolutely no reason why Donna can't have her original origin back as having been rescued by Diana from a fire! She can be brought to Themyscira and raised there for a time before being taken by the Olympians and made a Titan seed and sent back...it's quite possible that Donna can be completely straightened out and made logical (with the exception of the mess that the Finches' tried to pass off). IF someone is willing to put even a millisecond of thought into Donna...she can finally have a smooth and awesome origin that incorporates all her aspects into one nice story.

BANNED

I would make her an Amazon.