Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    But that's the thing. Losing Donna's human family is losing potential supporting cast for her; I'd love to see her bonding with her adopted mother in Man's World as well as Hippolyta and Phillipus, her adopted mothers on Themyscira. I'd love to see her taking time out of her day to spend time with her step sister to go shopping or talk about boys or something like that. Getting rid of the modern aspect of her origin removes that and honestly having her be thousands of years old, like her Amazonian sisters, just feels off to me.
    Well...she wouldn't be thousands of years old, having been yanked out of a time warp.

Coming to Man's World, Donna'd be a teenager in a world, where her sister, Wonder Woman, is already a world-famous superheroine, ..and that changes a lot. Maybe, she grew up on Etta's family's Bar-L cattle ranch, with Mama Sugar, Papa Hard and brother Mint - can't get anymore American, than that! Growing up with the Candys would give both sisters a presently non-existent history, with Diana's BFF Etta. I think having Donna and Diana tied to Etta is rather organic, ..as with Bruce and Barbara, with Commissioner Gordon.

Bonus! If her family is African American or West Indian, it adds a little ethnic diversity to Donna's backstory. Very modern. Very American.

As for her present day backstory, I've made no secret that I want to see Donna become a small-town Wonder Woman. I imagine her turning her photography into a lifestyle blog, like Duchess Meghan's The Tig, and using art to revitalize some depressed, little American town, fallen on hard times. Could that town be Etta's Texas hometown? Hercules's Oregon town, Lexinor? Why not?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-05-2020 at 12:25 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member

When was the last time Donna and Diana spoke wow

Last issue of WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    Last issue of WW.
    My understanding is that Donna and the original Titans had amnesia which caused Donna to forget the truth about her origin: that she was created by an Amazon witch to destroy Wonder Woman and the Amazons. When Donna remembered, she was angry at Diana for hiding the truth for so long. This caused a riff for the two but, at the end of issue 756, Donna reunites with Diana to stop the invasion of Themyscria.

Wonder Woman issue 757 showed Diana and Donna working side by side to defeat Warkiller (Paula Von Gunther) and Genocide who had invaded Themyscira. Great to see Donna kicking some butt. Feel like Orlando was able to move the character forward in a positive direction. We didn't get more answers about Donna's origin and her time with the Amazons other than to further reveal that Diana and Donna trained together on the island under the guidance of Hippolyta. Great issue for Donna. I really hope the next writer continues to utilize Donna and showcase the rest of the Amazons.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    Last issue of WW.
    Exactly it threw me left fired since she was at best beennignored if not shunned and shamed by Diana

by Fred Benes

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

by Fred Benes
    Great pic!

It did make me "wonder"---did /does Donna block bullets with her bracelets the way Diana does? Does Donna have the speed and coordination to deflect bullets and other objects?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Great pic!

It did make me "wonder"---did /does Donna block bullets with her bracelets the way Diana does? Does Donna have the speed and coordination to deflect bullets and other objects?
    I remember seeing an image of her doing that but I can't remember what issue it is from.

I remember seeing an image of her doing that but I can't remember what issue it is from.
    Donna has been shown deflecting bullets from her early Wonder Girl days as a Teen Titan and again in New Teen Titans. There's some lovely George Perez images showing her skill. As Troia, I believe it was Secret Files where Diana commented that Donna retained the speed of Hermes as they trained together at Bullets and Bracelets. Post Rebirth, Donna was seen deflecting bullets in Titans while fighting alongside Roy Harper (don't remember the specific issue) right before she grabbed the gun from the assailant and crushed it.

new-teen-titans-13-01.jpg

Donna as Wonder Woman deflecting bullets back on Doctor Poison.

WW_DonnaTroy.jpg
    Last edited by donnafan; 06-22-2020 at 04:03 PM.

Thanks guys. I figured it was in her repertoire, but never saw her do it. (It makes that great pic even better!)

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The only problem I have with Donna's "saved from Man's World" origin is that it kind of brings up the question of "why don't they save more children and bring them to Themiscrya?" Having her mysteriously wash up on the island would be a good alternative.

Also wish they'd bring in more WW elements to her costume, something similar to, esp since we've seen other Amazons have similar armor.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 06-22-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The only problem I have with Donna's "saved from Man's World" origin is that it kind of brings up the question of "why don't they save more children and bring them to Themiscrya?" Having her mysteriously wash up on the island would be a good alternative.

Also wish they'd bring in more WW elements to her costume, something similar to, esp since we've seen other Amazons have similar armor.
    Its funny, as th atrsvwhatbi don't want. When she was a young Wonder Girl? Sure. But like Tempest, Arsenal, Nightwing, they've become their own heroes. The lasso and bracelets are enough of a tie in to Diana. I feel the same about Nubia, generally speaking. While a wonder woman, I prefer her to have her own look and not just be in WW armor like it's some GL corps....

Sorry wrong thread.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-23-2020 at 08:08 AM.

There is a fundamental problem with the contest as a premise. Namely, that it doesn't portray Diana as more heroic than the other Amazons just more powerful and a better fighter.
    Well, wouldn't testing character imply that not all were of equal character? One could say that strong character is the prerequisite for entering the tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Some of the stories have it that the Amazons adopt orphans like that on a regular basis, and that is the method by which they expand their numbers on a normal basis.