Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 277
  1. #226
    Fantastic Member wonder39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Did Donna ever look like this in the comics?



    I never liked Julia or her story. I agree---give it back to Donna!
    Nope. This look was used in a Whos Who page during that era for the Titans, and on a trading card of just her. Then there was probably an creative team shift or reality altering event or some other crap....lol

  2. #227
    Astonishing Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Another origin borrowing option...take the Other Wonder Gal’s story...”I have an Ama-MOM”


    Another Troia redesign in a group Titans art by Vecchio (clunktastic!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Another UNOFFICIAL Titans team art, by Ironheart artist Luciano Vecchio.


    I like how he updated Donna's first Troia suit.

  3. #228

  4. #229
    Mighty Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    "Obscure" Troia commission by Luciano Vecchio...
    https://twitter.com/LucianoVecchio/s...42449338306562
    Prefer silver for Donna but this isnít a bad look.

  5. #230
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Prefer silver for Donna but this isn’t a bad look.
    I like it too. The gold adds some warmth that’s befitting of the classic take on Donna’s personality.

  6. #231
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    6,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Prefer silver for Donna but this isn’t a bad look.
    I prefer silver with the black for Donna as well but the way the gold is shaded here, it really looks spectacular. Almost like liquid gold.

  7. #232
    Astonishing Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Just discovered Darkstar Donna in alt-universe BATMAN:LAST KNIGHT ON EARTH...


  8. #233
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Prefer silver for Donna but this isnít a bad look.
    I agree it's a pretty nice look for Donna, not her best (I prefer the black & silver), but still nice.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  9. #234
    Astonishing Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    "It's TROY"

  10. #235
    Mighty Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    "It's TROY"
    I get this was going for comparing the real-world debate over if the Trojan War actually happened to Donna's multiple retcons but kind weird since we do know there actually was a city of Troy.

    And also weird giving this takes place in the DC universe, she could just ring up one of the Olympians and ask.

  11. #236
    Astonishing Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Is this where we are with Donna's new origin now?
    She WAS a weapon created to destroy the Amazons but got better? Raised by Hippolyte as Diana's sister?
    Dang there's a lot of deceit in these new Wonder Origins. Diana: given a fake story about being made from clay and given life by the Goddesses. Now Donna: conjured as a weapon and had that hidden from her by giving her false memories. ANGST!


    Phil Jimenez goodness...


    And for the love of Donna Troy...she surrenders the Wonder Woman title.

  12. #237
    Mighty Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

    Phil Jimenez goodness...
    Yeah like with Diana, Jimenez is my favorite artist for Donna.

  13. #238
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Is this where we are with Donna's new origin now?
    She WAS a weapon created to destroy the Amazons but got better? Raised by Hippolyte as Diana's sister?
    Dang there's a lot of deceit in these new Wonder Origins. Diana: given a fake story about being made from clay and given life by the Goddesses. Now Donna: conjured as a weapon and had that hidden from her by giving her false memories. ANGST!


    Phil Jimenez goodness...


    And for the love of Donna Troy...she surrenders the Wonder Woman title.
    I dislike the use of the term "false memories" there when most of the evidence would point to blocked memories at most being more appropriate.

    Here's what we got

    Donna was created, as a child, by some one unknown to be used as a weapon by the amazons. Diana rescued her and and brought her back to Themyscira, where she was adopted as Diana's sister and trained by Diana and Hippolyta. At some point Diana did tell Donna the truth about her birth. This comes from bits between #752, #754, and #757. #752 is the most important because Diana flashbacks to raising and training Donna on Themyscira, so that's not fake. Hippolyta is mentioned has also being involved in training Donna #757.

    I suspect her creators may be intended to be the Titans of Myth. In #756 When Donna uses the silver lasso to draw Armageddon and Devastation into a pocket dimension, New Cronus is in the background. This would also explain why Donna has powers on Diana's level, beyond normal amazons, and why Donna would take Donna to Themyscira.

    Early in the Rebirth Titans series (issue #7 iirc), Donna said she didn't have any memories prior to age seven when she was adpted by amazons. So Diana could've rescued Donna from the ToM at age 7 and brought her back Themyscira, where Donna's memories of her early life being used by the ToM were blocked.

    Overall, this origin works for me. I feel we have what I feel is the essential core of her original origin. A young girl, rescued by Diana and taken in by her and the Amazons. There are some things that need to be explained and some hiccups, but it works for me.

    I'm willing to write off Diana's cold attitude towards Donna in rebirth to do with the nature of the universe at that time. Diana was having conflicting memories (The pre-flashpoint timeline, the New 52 timeline, and the Rebirth timeline). Donna was also suffering memory loss at that time so she didn't remember Diana telling her the truth either. And the supposed "true" rebirth history wouldn't have been been compatible with this origin, since Diana wasn't able to return to Themyscira at all after she left Themyscira. Post-Doomsday Clock and #750 with Diana's origin and history being revised again, Donna's current origin from Orlando's run can work.

    As an aside it saddens me to see so many people here say they want DC to change it's plans and back out of revising Diana's history and stick with Year One. In addition to personally not liking how the "hadn't been able to return to Themyscira at all" retcon disqualified most of her post crisis history from being in continuity, it also blocked Donna from having her origin fixed. Backing out now would throw out all the work Orlando did cleaning up Donna's origin and relationship with Diana. Returning Donna to a variant of her original origin is also one of the most common sentiments I've seen expressed here, and we finally got it. Is Year One and Lies/Truth's history so good to justify screwing up Donna right after they've more or less fixed things? I don't feel so.

  14. #239
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Nope. This look was used in a Whos Who page during that era for the Titans, and on a trading card of just her. Then there was probably an creative team shift or reality altering event or some other crap....lol
    Right. Donna lost her powers before she could start wearing this outfit.

  15. #240
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I dislike the use of the term "false memories" there when most of the evidence would point to blocked memories at most being more appropriate.

    Here's what we got

    Donna was created, as a child, by some one unknown to be used as a weapon by the amazons. Diana rescued her and and brought her back to Themyscira, where she was adopted as Diana's sister and trained by Diana and Hippolyta. At some point Diana did tell Donna the truth about her birth. This comes from bits between #752, #754, and #757. #752 is the most important because Diana flashbacks to raising and training Donna on Themyscira, so that's not fake. Hippolyta is mentioned has also being involved in training Donna #757.

    I suspect her creators may be intended to be the Titans of Myth. In #756 When Donna uses the silver lasso to draw Armageddon and Devastation into a pocket dimension, New Cronus is in the background. This would also explain why Donna has powers on Diana's level, beyond normal amazons, and why Donna would take Donna to Themyscira.

    Early in the Rebirth Titans series (issue #7 iirc), Donna said she didn't have any memories prior to age seven when she was adpted by amazons. So Diana could've rescued Donna from the ToM at age 7 and brought her back Themyscira, where Donna's memories of her early life being used by the ToM were blocked.

    Overall, this origin works for me. I feel we have what I feel is the essential core of her original origin. A young girl, rescued by Diana and taken in by her and the Amazons. There are some things that need to be explained and some hiccups, but it works for me.

    I'm willing to write off Diana's cold attitude towards Donna in rebirth to do with the nature of the universe at that time. Diana was having conflicting memories (The pre-flashpoint timeline, the New 52 timeline, and the Rebirth timeline). Donna was also suffering memory loss at that time so she didn't remember Diana telling her the truth either. And the supposed "true" rebirth history wouldn't have been been compatible with this origin, since Diana wasn't able to return to Themyscira at all after she left Themyscira. Post-Doomsday Clock and #750 with Diana's origin and history being revised again, Donna's current origin from Orlando's run can work.

    As an aside it saddens me to see so many people here say they want DC to change it's plans and back out of revising Diana's history and stick with Year One. In addition to personally not liking how the "hadn't been able to return to Themyscira at all" retcon disqualified most of her post crisis history from being in continuity, it also blocked Donna from having her origin fixed. Backing out now would throw out all the work Orlando did cleaning up Donna's origin and relationship with Diana. Returning Donna to a variant of her original origin is also one of the most common sentiments I've seen expressed here, and we finally got it. Is Year One and Lies/Truth's history so good to justify screwing up Donna right after they've more or less fixed things? I don't feel so.
    Counter: Orlando's putting a band aid on bad situation isn't really quite fixing things.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •