Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 394
  1. #286
    Astonishing Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

    Moving to a different topic, the comics, could the third person here be Donna?

    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/10/30/je...der-woman-art/
    Of those pictured, I'd recon the 5th gal from the left (wearing the red top) as the most likely Donna (if any) and that Bartel is taking the "little sister" factor into account with making her less of a mirror image of Diana.

  2. #287
    Astonishing Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,341

    Default

    Remembering John Byrne's "A Heroine Reborn" moment with Donna. I believe his proposed new heroic identity for her was "Avatar" but I can't find the reference.



  3. #288
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    6,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Donít like any of the Amazon looks beside the plus size Amazon
    There used to be an Amazon called Fatsis. Not sure how long since we last saw her. I wonder if the plus-sized woman is her?

  4. #289
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,229

    Default

    I'd be surprised if these turn out to be actually pre-existing Amazons, honestly.

  5. #290
    Incredible Member seccruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    542

    Default

    tumblr_89530e49c18e5947e910d99a0e88e1fb_b2dd7227_500.jpg
    Earth 11's Teen Justice Donald Troy. Coming soon on Future State. Kinda sad he got the starfield and not Donna...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

  6. #291

  7. #292
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,906

    Default

    I wonder is Donna will get more then just a teaser scene at the end of season 3

  8. #293

  9. #294
    Spectacular Member donnafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Donna Troy appears in Teen Titans #47 this month and will again in Teen Titans Endless Winter Special.

  10. #295

  11. #296
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,586

    Default

    Does anyone feel writers purposely portrayed Donna as less formidable than she should have been? I mean, she had all the powers of Wonder Woman -- but once she started wearing the red jumpsuit, they rarely showed her flying, and never showed her using super-speed. Even the Wolfman era seemed to push Cyborg as the strong guy and Starfire as the more gifted warrior. I think Wonder Woman suffered from the same problem in most of the Silver Age and Bronze Age issues of JLA.

  12. #297
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Does anyone feel writers purposely portrayed Donna as less formidable than she should have been? I mean, she had all the powers of Wonder Woman -- but once she started wearing the red jumpsuit, they rarely showed her flying, and never showed her using super-speed. Even the Wolfman era seemed to push Cyborg as the strong guy and Starfire as the more gifted warrior. I think Wonder Woman suffered from the same problem in most of the Silver Age and Bronze Age issues of JLA.
    First time posting in this thread but I have been following for awhile. I tend to agree. When they did have her flying they always seemed to say that she was gliding not really flying. The whole warrior thing though I think was to prove how good Starfire is which I am okay with but you are right they always seemed to put her second. I think it's a symptom of not really knowing who she was. I have many favourite characters. My favourite being over in the X-Men but Donna Troy is easily my favourite character in DC and I prefer DC comics. Yet I am not really sure what her current origin story is. Is she the living weapon? or is she the mirror image of Diana? or is it something else? I really don't know. To me she will always be the mirror image that fought so hard she forged her own soul. It was a convoluted origin but it worked.... at least for me.

  13. #298
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,189

    Default

    More than Diana herself, her supporting cast suffer from not being depicted with the formidability they should have.

  14. #299
    Fantastic Member wonder39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    First time posting in this thread but I have been following for awhile. I tend to agree. When they did have her flying they always seemed to say that she was gliding not really flying. The whole warrior thing though I think was to prove how good Starfire is which I am okay with but you are right they always seemed to put her second. I think it's a symptom of not really knowing who she was. I have many favourite characters. My favourite being over in the X-Men but Donna Troy is easily my favourite character in DC and I prefer DC comics. Yet I am not really sure what her current origin story is. Is she the living weapon? or is she the mirror image of Diana? or is it something else? I really don't know. To me she will always be the mirror image that fought so hard she forged her own soul. It was a convoluted origin but it worked.... at least for me.
    Because in the Silver /Bronze Age Diana and Donna didn technically fly, the glided onnair currents.��

    Currently Donna is the smoothed out version of the nu52 origin... a weapon created to destroy the Amazons, but they thwarted that plan, planted false memories of her being rescued andcraised as Diana's sister.

  15. #300
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Because in the Silver /Bronze Age Diana and Donna didn technically fly, the glided onnair currents.��

    Currently Donna is the smoothed out version of the nu52 origin... a weapon created to destroy the Amazons, but they thwarted that plan, planted false memories of her being rescued andcraised as Diana's sister.
    I just to add a few details. One being that she was rescued a child and grew up normally being raised by Diana and Hippolyta, which is the majorly important change.

    Second we don't know who "created" her exactly or how, but given the cameo of New Cronus while Donna was using the Lasso of Presuassion I suspect it was the titans of myth.

    I really dislike calling it the New 52 origin, because other than some unknown party creating Donna with the intent to use her against Diana and the Amazons, they've changed everything else about it. Donna was created as a child, instead of an adult, and there's been no mention of Derinoe or any rogue Amazons, Hippolyta wasn't melted down, whatever happened happened at a different point in time. I consider that "creation" part secondary to Diana rescuing her and bringing her back to Themyscira. So I really consider it more to be a variant of her classic Pre-crisis "adopted by Amazons" origin, with some slight nods to the New 52 and possibly the Titans of Myth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •