Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Moving to a different topic, the comics, could the third person here be Donna?

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/10/30/je...der-woman-art/
    Of those pictured, I'd recon the 5th gal from the left (wearing the red top) as the most likely Donna (if any) and that Bartel is taking the "little sister" factor into account with making her less of a mirror image of Diana.

Remembering John Byrne's "A Heroine Reborn" moment with Donna. I believe his proposed new heroic identity for her was "Avatar" but I can't find the reference.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Don’t like any of the Amazon looks beside the plus size Amazon
    There used to be an Amazon called Fatsis. Not sure how long since we last saw her. I wonder if the plus-sized woman is her?

I'd be surprised if these turn out to be actually pre-existing Amazons, honestly.

tumblr_89530e49c18e5947e910d99a0e88e1fb_b2dd7227_500.jpg
    Earth 11's Teen Justice Donald Troy. Coming soon on Future State. Kinda sad he got the starfield and not Donna...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Extraordinary Member

I wonder is Donna will get more then just a teaser scene at the end of season 3

Donna Troy appears in Teen Titans #47 this month and will again in Teen Titans Endless Winter Special.

Astonishing Member

Does anyone feel writers purposely portrayed Donna as less formidable than she should have been? I mean, she had all the powers of Wonder Woman -- but once she started wearing the red jumpsuit, they rarely showed her flying, and never showed her using super-speed. Even the Wolfman era seemed to push Cyborg as the strong guy and Starfire as the more gifted warrior. I think Wonder Woman suffered from the same problem in most of the Silver Age and Bronze Age issues of JLA.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Does anyone feel writers purposely portrayed Donna as less formidable than she should have been? I mean, she had all the powers of Wonder Woman -- but once she started wearing the red jumpsuit, they rarely showed her flying, and never showed her using super-speed. Even the Wolfman era seemed to push Cyborg as the strong guy and Starfire as the more gifted warrior. I think Wonder Woman suffered from the same problem in most of the Silver Age and Bronze Age issues of JLA.
    First time posting in this thread but I have been following for awhile. I tend to agree. When they did have her flying they always seemed to say that she was gliding not really flying. The whole warrior thing though I think was to prove how good Starfire is which I am okay with but you are right they always seemed to put her second. I think it's a symptom of not really knowing who she was. I have many favourite characters. My favourite being over in the X-Men but Donna Troy is easily my favourite character in DC and I prefer DC comics. Yet I am not really sure what her current origin story is. Is she the living weapon? or is she the mirror image of Diana? or is it something else? I really don't know. To me she will always be the mirror image that fought so hard she forged her own soul. It was a convoluted origin but it worked.... at least for me.

More than Diana herself, her supporting cast suffer from not being depicted with the formidability they should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    First time posting in this thread but I have been following for awhile. I tend to agree. When they did have her flying they always seemed to say that she was gliding not really flying. The whole warrior thing though I think was to prove how good Starfire is which I am okay with but you are right they always seemed to put her second. I think it's a symptom of not really knowing who she was. I have many favourite characters. My favourite being over in the X-Men but Donna Troy is easily my favourite character in DC and I prefer DC comics. Yet I am not really sure what her current origin story is. Is she the living weapon? or is she the mirror image of Diana? or is it something else? I really don't know. To me she will always be the mirror image that fought so hard she forged her own soul. It was a convoluted origin but it worked.... at least for me.
    Because in the Silver /Bronze Age Diana and Donna didn technically fly, the glided onnair currents.��

Currently Donna is the smoothed out version of the nu52 origin... a weapon created to destroy the Amazons, but they thwarted that plan, planted false memories of her being rescued andcraised as Diana's sister.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Because in the Silver /Bronze Age Diana and Donna didn technically fly, the glided onnair currents.��

Currently Donna is the smoothed out version of the nu52 origin... a weapon created to destroy the Amazons, but they thwarted that plan, planted false memories of her being rescued andcraised as Diana's sister.
    I just to add a few details. One being that she was rescued a child and grew up normally being raised by Diana and Hippolyta, which is the majorly important change.

Second we don't know who "created" her exactly or how, but given the cameo of New Cronus while Donna was using the Lasso of Presuassion I suspect it was the titans of myth.

I really dislike calling it the New 52 origin, because other than some unknown party creating Donna with the intent to use her against Diana and the Amazons, they've changed everything else about it. Donna was created as a child, instead of an adult, and there's been no mention of Derinoe or any rogue Amazons, Hippolyta wasn't melted down, whatever happened happened at a different point in time. I consider that "creation" part secondary to Diana rescuing her and bringing her back to Themyscira. So I really consider it more to be a variant of her classic Pre-crisis "adopted by Amazons" origin, with some slight nods to the New 52 and possibly the Titans of Myth.