Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Donna Troy: Wonder Girl / Troia Appreciation 2020

New year, new thread!

This thread is for the one and only Donna Troy!

Please read the rules regarding Appreciation threads at the top of the forum and appreciate away!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Beautiful Donna in her classic red costume!

I just read a New Teen Titans issue in which Donna nearly crashes the T-Jet into the World Trade Center... 9/11/1986? Yikes. Needless to say, they wouldn't publish such a scene nowadays. This was immediately after Crisis of Infinite Earths, so she must've secretly been really messed up in the head at that time. It's when her origin had just been erased.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Happy New Year to Donna .

May 2020 provide you a clearer future .

And a clearer past!

Travis G Moore shows off a childhood (1984) sketch of Wonder Girl, and a new one of Donna as she looked in that era.
    https://twitter.com/TravisGMoore/sta...43095602434048
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I appreciate 'Roar' for Donna's future codename.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Donna .

May 2020 provide you a clearer future .
    Happy 2020 to my third favorite member of the "Wonder Family" (after Diana and Hippolyta).

I second your wish Frontier. If anyone needs a clearer future (and past) it is our girl Donna (well, her and maybe Powergirl).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Based on Doomsday Clock's page spread of the future Donna will be around and in her classic red suit.

But I'm not sure how much of John's DC is actually reliable and how much of it is just John's wishful thinking.

I guess well have to see how Donna comes out of all this Deathbringer nonsense. Hopefully for the better.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

Donna should definitely go back to red. I wouldn't mind a few tweaks to modernize the old jumpsuit, but red is her color. Black -- it was okay in her early Troia days, but I don't see any practical reason for her to continue dressing in black.

I'd be fine with going back to any of her iconic classic costumes over the current look at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be fine with going back to any of her iconic classic costumes over the current look at this point.
    As am I. It just suits her better, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

If they can put her in red without making her look like Wondergirl then cool but I'd rather her go back to this.

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Spectacular Member

While I wait to see how Deathbringer and the Secret Six wrap up--I don't have high hopes--over the weekend I reread some stories from the last decade featuring Donna.

I went through Robinson's incarnation of the Justice League of America featuring Donna Troy and Dick Grayson as Batman. Although the caliber of the adventures were uneven, Robinson treated Donna pretty well.

This run of the JLA took place during/after Final Crisis, Blackest Night and Brightest Day. So there was a lot of angst and trauma for all the characters, especially Donna since she had to take down reanimated Terry and Robert. Still, despite portraying her as angry and in pain, Robinson's Donna Troy was still effective and heroic. She was also shown to be supportive and helpful to others like Jesse Quick and Jade.

From my reread, by the far the most entertaining encounter was seeing Donna face off against Superwoman of the CSA.

By the end of the run, Donna was left in a good place and ready to start a new chapter.

Unfortunately, the artwork was a mixed bag. Mark Bagley's cartoony artwork didn't do much to help elevate the adventures. And for reasons unknown, he gave Donna saggy boots.

I really hope that we get a brighter, confident and less angry Donna in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    If they can put her in red without making her look like Wondergirl then cool but I'd rather her go back to this.

I prefer the 1st version of this costume, with the high neckline and no arm bands. Add a silver lasso and it's perfection!