Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I have always felt that the original origin for Donna was/is the best. Young adopted girl is rescued by Diana from a fire (that kills the girl's parents). Since the adopted parents are dead and the birth parents are never found, Diana's compassion kicks in and she takes the girl to Themyscira to be raised by her sisters. Now, I think having the girl (now named Donna) being given powers by the Purple Ray is problematic (it would open up a "why not give powers to others"/"why has a villain not tried to steal that technology" can of worms), but this particular part of the story could be modified. Maybe Donna does something while living on the island that is so heroic, so selfless, so impressively worthy of admiration that she gets a "gift" from one of the Olympian gods? That gift could be superpowers, which combined with all the training that Donna has been getting from the Amazons turns her into a Wonder-Girl. I don't know, I'm not a writer, but I think that retaining the basics of that origing is just the best course of action. Adopted amazon turns into a champion for good, just like her older "sister". And then reinvent all the villains that she has amassed throught her comic book history in all of those reboots.
    What I've always found odd. John Bryne actually had the perfect character to retain Donna's origin story. At the time, Hippolyta was the first Wonder Woman and all John had to do was have Hippy be the one who rescued Donna and brought her to Themyscira.

This is beautiful.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-19-2020 at 06:31 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.