Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Honestly at this point with Donna, it’s probably best to just work with whatever origin she has at the moment and just move on from it.

Though presumably with the relaunch we’ll probably be revisiting this territory again.

Oh I know! Everyone is so argumentative about what they want, when it is really up to the writers what we get.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This affects Nubia because Nubia is Diana's twin sister, not Donna, as you stated you wanted her to be.

Nubia was created with Diana, Donna was not. Donna comes afterwards. Donna can be little sister to both.
    Nubia is also right now an ordinary amazon, has been since post-crisis actually, and she's going to remain an ordinary amazon so long as Diana and Donna exist unless she gets her own updated origin.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Honestly at this point with Donna, it’s probably best to just work with whatever origin she has at the moment and just move on from it.

Though presumably with the relaunch we’ll probably be revisiting this territory again.
    Oh I know! Everyone is so argumentative about what they want, when it is really up to the writers what we get.
    To be fair a lot of people don't know what they want until they actually see it on page.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Technically we don't know she was made of clay. I'm kind of holding out hope for "the titans of myth started a fire that killed Donna's parents and abducted her and made her a titan seed". Likewise I hope they correct "false memories" to blocked out her memories of being used by the titans of myth.

It's a shame they chose to salvage those references from the Rebirth Titans instead of dismissing them. Most people are fixating on those parts rather than focusing on the parts about Diana rescuing a child Donna and taking her back to Themyscira and training her.

I would prefer a Diana rescuing a baby Donna from a fire, but I can live with Diana rescuing a seven year old Donna from the Titans of Myth or whoever the bad guy in this is.
    She doesn't need to be a baby in my dream narrative, either. However, I am just as well, with Diana being a younger teenager, when she and the Amazons rescue Donna, from whatever doom, fate had consigned her to.

And I would like to see Donna rollicking with Purple Rottweilers, on the Island. That is non-negotiable.

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 10-04-2020 at 10:47 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Yeah, always that disconnect between the version of a character we have in our heads vs what the writers actually put to page. Though I guess with WW more prevalent given how fast and loose a lot of writers play in comparison to other big name characters.

Lets not forget that Dark Angel is a foe of Donna's so maybe this is another life that she's living due to Dark Angels Manipulations.

Donna's in Nightwing next week.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-16-2020 at 05:06 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nice to see Donna looking good and acting in-character .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nice to see Donna looking good and acting in-character .
    Quoted for truth!

These days, that is the thing I notice the most that is missing, and with some characters more than others. Donna was on the list of more than most. That preview felt like old-time Titans! the art was also very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They gave her Gal Gadot face!
    (and good turnaround of the "Who IS...?" story title that is usually associated with Donna. Welcome to the club Dick!

Extraordinary Member

Is she or Garth in future state

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    They gave her Gal Gadot face!
    (and good turnaround of the "Who IS...?" story title that is usually associated with Donna. Welcome to the club Dick!
    She actually looks a lot like Connor Leslie from the Titans tv show

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    She actually looks a lot like Connor Leslie from the Titans tv show
    That’s what I think.