Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Its funny, as th atrsvwhatbi don't want. When she was a young Wonder Girl? Sure. But like Tempest, Arsenal, Nightwing, they've become their own heroes. The lasso and bracelets are enough of a tie in to Diana. I feel the same about Nubia, generally speaking. While a wonder woman, I prefer her to have her own look and not just be in WW armor like it's some GL corps....
    I can agree with that, I guess for me since when it comes to WW sidekicks, they are often so far removed from Diana that it feels like the average person wouldn't know where Donna Troy hails from.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I can agree with that, I guess for me since when it comes to WW sidekicks, they are often so far removed from Diana that it feels like the average person wouldn't know where Donna Troy hails from.
    I suspect this is why the writers like to have them wear similar costumes. It's like the question of why Supergirl dresses like Superman.... From an in-universe PoV she doesn't need to. But it works well for marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Its funny, as th atrsvwhatbi don't want. When she was a young Wonder Girl? Sure. But like Tempest, Arsenal, Nightwing, they've become their own heroes. The lasso and bracelets are enough of a tie in to Diana. I feel the same about Nubia, generally speaking. While a wonder woman, I prefer her to have her own look and not just be in WW armor like it's some GL corps....
    I disagree, I think Diana, Donna, Artemis, Nubia and Cassie should all have bracelets and individual lassos with different abilities. Lassos in the Wonder Woman Family should be as ubiquitous as batarangs in Batman's.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I disagree, I think Diana, Donna, Artemis, Nubia and Cassie should all have bracelets and individual lassos with different abilities. Lassos in the Wonder Woman Family should be as ubiquitous as batarangs in Batman's.
    Yeah, I really like this idea too!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Just like we have so many Lantern rings, having x amount of lassos would be a cool storyline.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Donna has been shown deflecting bullets from her early Wonder Girl days as a Teen Titan and again in New Teen Titans. There's some lovely George Perez images showing her skill. As Troia, I believe it was Secret Files where Diana commented that Donna retained the speed of Hermes as they trained together at Bullets and Bracelets. Post Rebirth, Donna was seen deflecting bullets in Titans while fighting alongside Roy Harper (don't remember the specific issue) right before she grabbed the gun from the assailant and crushed it.
    A cool moment was in INJUSTICE COMIC when Cassie saved Conner from a kryptonite bullet, with her bracelets.

Pre-Flashpoint everyone had their own lasso:
    Diana: Lasso of truth
    Donna:Lasso of submission
    Cassie:Lasso of lightning

NEW52 Cassie also had her own lasso which was used to drain life-energy of someone..

Hmmmm, for me it should be Diana, Donna and Cassie with bracelets and lassos. Nubia should be the sword and shield, Artemis bow and arrow. I don't need the lassos to be another version of power rings. Too many lassos spoils the broth! Lol. ( oh and bracelets for all of course)

Donna and Cassie already have the issue of having the same power set as Diana and in Donna's case looking too much like her. Giving everyone a lasso is redundant and even in the Bat and Superfamilies there is some variety in weapons and power sets.

Extraordinary Member

Agreed. No one complains about the Superman Family having almost identical power sets or the Flash Family.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 06-26-2020 at 08:57 AM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Agreed. No one complains about the Superman Family having almost identical power sets or the Flash Family.
    Those complaints have been made actually.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I spend a lot of time on the Superman and Batman boards and have seen little to no complaints re this.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I spend a lot of time on the Superman and Batman boards and have seen little to no complaints re this.
    I can assure you it happens a lot. I have seen no less than five threads with arguments that the Batfamily are "redundant" and "take away from what makes Batman awesome". Similar arguments are made about Superman and there being other living Kryptonians.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Donna turns 55 this month!

First appearance: Brave & the Bold #60 (cover dated June/July 1965)
    5F6A6D2E-38C7-4B89-86D0-0CCE9E55C551.jpg
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well, in the "Supermen of America" team only 3 of them were Kryptonians. You also had Steel, Iron Munro, and Livewire.

Have you guys read the digital first Titans Together comic?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman