Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Counter: Orlando's putting a band aid on bad situation isn't really quite fixing things.
    It's not perfect. Just reinstalling her actual original origin full would have been preferable. And if we had a license to ignore "Diana has never been back to Themyscira, I would also like to use that same license to ignore or dismiss any "created as a weapon stuff" that popped up from the Titans Annual onward (which I suspect happened because Abnett and Rucka were not communicating for whatever reason. It seems to me Abnett wanted to return Donna to her adopted amazon origin, then couldn't do it because of the whole locked out of Themyscira thing. So they backed out for the time and defaulted to a vague allusions to Finch origin which couldn't have actually happened anymore).

Still, it's better than every other attempt to fix her origin. It restores and maintains her as Diana's adopted sister, unlike Perez's post-crisis origin. And less convoluted than either Byrne's or Heinberg's attempts at a fix. Although they kept the "weapon" aspect from Finch, they've completely changed everything else and the entire context around it. As I explained, it hits right beats for me. They still need to fill in some details and there's room for improvement. But right now I think I can live happily with Orlando's origin as the basis.

And I feel it's better and more on mark than any origin they would have given her while trying to keep within Rucka's rebirth history. Best case scenario would've been to try and say she was on the island before and during Year One and we just didn't see her on panel for whatever reason. Anything other would probably require Donna not being Diana's adopted sister or her ever having been to Themyscira and having any relation with the amazons, at which point I think we're starting out completely broken. And that's before we consider the possibility of having to keep the created as a weapon stuff that creeped in with the Rebirth Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Is this where we are with Donna's new origin now?
    She WAS a weapon created to destroy the Amazons but got better? Raised by Hippolyte as Diana's sister?
    Dang there's a lot of deceit in these new Wonder Origins. Diana: given a fake story about being made from clay and given life by the Goddesses. Now Donna: conjured as a weapon and had that hidden from her by giving her false memories. ANGST!

Phil Jimenez goodness...

And for the love of Donna Troy...she surrenders the Wonder Woman title.
    I miss Donna in the starfield look.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

If I could rewrite Donna’s origin she simply was a baby found by a child Diana. She saves Donna. I don’t know I have a weird idea that Diana would try to hide Donna from her mother but Donna gets found.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If I could rewrite Donna’s origin she simply was a baby found by a child Diana. She saves Donna. I don’t know I have a weird idea that Diana would try to hide Donna from her mother but Donna gets found.
    Could work, think this was an origin the Smallville comics gave Diana and Steve.

What does Donna Troy's origin need to be so dark for, anyway? This isn't a Vertigo comic.

Why can't we have simple, again? No space Titans. No demon witches. "Wonder Woman or teen Diana rescues a cute, little baby from a disaster, somewhere, and trains her to be a Wonder Girl...end of story."
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I would just have Donna's origin be Diana's origin, sculpted from the clay of paradise at the same time as Diana and brought to life by the gods. Diana and Donna are true twin sisters... like DC eventually made it. I don't understand why Diana needs to rescue an orphan or that Donna can't have adventures before stumbling upon Diana and making the twin sister connection.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

What if teen Donna was adopted by Steve's or Etta's families, somehow? She could grow up on the Bar-L Ranch, with Hard and Etta, as her protectors, ..or grow up in the same warehouse of mannequins, that raised Steve. I think she needs something in her backstory that ties her closer to Diana and the Wonderverse.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I would just have Donna's origin be Diana's origin, sculpted from the clay of paradise at the same time as Diana and brought to life by the gods. Diana and Donna are true twin sisters... like DC eventually made it. I don't understand why Diana needs to rescue an orphan or that Donna can't have adventures before stumbling upon Diana and making the twin sister connection.
    The point is to make Donna different from Diana which is a lot easier to do if they don't have the exact same origin.

The point is to make Donna different from Diana which is a lot easier to do if they don't have the exact same origin.
    But they're also suppose to be twin sisters, they in fact were at one point and are continuously treated that way, physically and in power they are equals give or take a few unique abilities. So what does it matter if Donna was also clay and brought to life by the gods.

But they're also suppose to be twin sisters, they in fact were at one point and are continuously treated that way, physically and in power they are equals give or take a few unique abilities. So what does it matter if Donna was also clay and brought to life by the gods.
    They were never supposed to be twins. The only reason they look alike was because Donna was created due to the Teen Titans writer mistaking Wonder Girl for a separate character and not a younger Diana.

I would rather have Nubia as Diana' twin, and Donna as their slightly younger sister.

They were never supposed to be twins. The only reason they look alike was because Donna was created due to the Teen Titans writer mistaking Wonder Girl for a separate character and not a younger Diana.
    Which tells me more about how insane Diana's continuity was back then. Donna's origin right now, is that she was sculpted from clay and was going to be used as a weapon and Diana saved her and put in false memories not much else. All I would be doing is moving her birthday to match Diana. I would go into more detail but, I truly do want to write WW one day (attending University as a writer) and don't want to put all my ideas here.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I would rather have Nubia as Diana' twin, and Donna as their slightly younger sister.
    I don't see how this effects Nubia. I'd still want her as her the champion of the Bana, not locked as a guard to Dooms doorway or just another amazon.

Incredible Member

Which tells me more about how insane Diana's continuity was back then. Donna's origin right now, is that she was sculpted from clay and was going to be used as a weapon and Diana saved her and put in false memories not much else. All I would be doing is moving her birthday to match Diana. I would go into more detail but, I truly do want to write WW one day (attending University as a writer) and don't want to put all my ideas here.
    Technically we don't know she was made of clay. I'm kind of holding out hope for "the titans of myth started a fire that killed Donna's parents and abducted her and made her a titan seed". Likewise I hope they correct "false memories" to blocked out her memories of being used by the titans of myth.

It's a shame they chose to salvage those references from the Rebirth Titans instead of dismissing them. Most people are fixating on those parts rather than focusing on the parts about Diana rescuing a child Donna and taking her back to Themyscira and training her.

I would prefer a Diana rescuing a baby Donna from a fire, but I can live with Diana rescuing a seven year old Donna from the Titans of Myth or whoever the bad guy in this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Technically we don't know she was made of clay. I'm kind of holding out hope for "the titans of myth started a fire that killed Donna's parents and abducted her and made her a titan seed". Likewise I hope they correct "false memories" to blocked out her memories of being used by the titans of myth.

It's a shame they chose to salvage those references from the Rebirth Titans instead of dismissing them. Most people are fixating on those parts rather than focusing on the parts about Diana rescuing a child Donna and taking her back to Themyscira and training her.

I would prefer a Diana rescuing a baby Donna from a fire, but I can live with Diana rescuing a seven year old Donna from the Titans of Myth or whoever the bad guy in this is.
    True... i think they just say she was created as a weapon...

But going on what you said, i could see them melding the Titan seed with the created as a weapon, where the Titans took her as a child and turned her into a weapon against the Olympians and the Amazons....

I don't like it, but it could make sense and omit the clay stuff for her.

ButI would so much rather she was just Diana's little sister. Rescued by Diana, or by the Gods who leave her with Hippolyta to raise...

I don't see how this effects Nubia. I'd still want her as her the champion of the Bana, not locked as a guard to Dooms doorway or just another amazon.
    This affects Nubia because Nubia is Diana's twin sister, not Donna, as you stated you wanted her to be.

Nubia was created with Diana, Donna was not. Donna comes afterwards. Donna can be little sister to both.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-04-2020 at 05:45 AM.