Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can we please just forget that version of Donna even existed?
    Assuming Orlando's WW run and Endless Winter are indicative of DC's plans with Donna's backstory going forward, the answer should be yes. It's real shame Agent of Peace had to drug up this stuff when it's not even part of the main continuity anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Just got around to reading it. I didn't like it. The writer seemed to be writing it with the Finch origin being canon in mind with Donna being made from clay and not raised and trained in Themycira references, not aware that Orlando retconned Donna back to being raised and trained in Themyscira in his Wonder Woman run and Titans Endless Winter special makes reference to Hippolyta telling Donna bedtime stories. I know Agent of Peace is suppose to be out of continuity, but that just makes referencing the horrible Finch stuff even more inexcusable since they'd have license to ignore that in the first place. So this really didn't work for me. I might be more unhappy if not for Endless Winter supporting Orlando's fixed origin for Donna, which I'm really grateful for.
    I steer cleared of the Finch era so most of what I know is only second hand but I thought the issue still works only with general knowledge of Donna’s history and her relationship with Diana.

So Superwoman's (Diana's counterpart on Earth-3) new name is Donna Troy.

https://www.gamesradar.com/inside-th...ew-dc-earth-3/

I know I shouldn't care; it's not Donna in any way that matters.

Still hurts.

I do not mind the new looks, but I hope they get the personalities right. There is more to each CSA member than the one-word descriptors they used for each character.

I hate that they use wrong "Super Woman" rather than the correct "Superwoman".

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I steer cleared of the Finch era so most of what I know is only second hand but I thought the issue still works only with general knowledge of Donna’s history and her relationship with Diana.
    Sorry, but those Finch backstory references ruined the story for me. That was easily the worst background and revamp she ever had. I get some people who prefer the Titans of Myth origin might not value her being raised by Diana and the Amazons as quality like some of us, but I feel that Donna should is best off with a variant of her classic origin, and feel many of her problems stem from getting rid of it post crisis. The Finch New 52 origin with her being made as an adult and Diana's evil cone was just horrible. I don't get why anybody would prefer it. It's better off completely forgotten. I can't square the Agent of Peace story working with anything other than the finch origin. While Donna having the Clay origin moved to her may or may not still be canon, I'm very glad in the main continuity they've thrown out just about everything else and returned Donna into Diana's younger sister who was raised and trained by Diana and Hippolyta in Themyscira and Diana and Donna are back to having a good sisterly relationship with each other than the antagonism that was present in the New 52 and Rebirth Titans, which also showed up in the Agent of Peace story.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

Still hurts.
    I'm glad they're making Superwoman's counterpart a Wonder Woman related character rather than Lois Lane for some reason again.

Sorry, but those Finch backstory references ruined the story for me. That was easily the worst background and revamp she ever had. I get some people who prefer the Titans of Myth origin might not value her being raised by Diana and the Amazons as quality like some of us, but I feel that Donna should is best off with a variant of her classic origin, and feel many of her problems stem from getting rid of it post crisis. The Finch New 52 origin with her being made as an adult and Diana's evil cone was just horrible. I don't get why anybody would prefer it. It's better off completely forgotten. I can't square the Agent of Peace story working with anything other than the finch origin. While Donna having the Clay origin moved to her may or may not still be canon, I'm very glad in the main continuity they've thrown out just about everything else and returned Donna into Diana's younger sister who was raised and trained by Diana and Hippolyta in Themyscira and Diana and Donna are back to having a good sisterly relationship with each other than the antagonism that was present in the New 52 and Rebirth Titans, which also showed up in the Agent of Peace story.
    That’s fair and fwiw that’s my preferred origin for Donna for the most part.
    I'm glad they're making Superwoman's counterpart a Wonder Woman related character rather than Lois Lane for some reason again
    Or Mary Marvel.

But yeah, always annoys me.

I'm glad they're making Superwoman's counterpart a Wonder Woman related character rather than Lois Lane for some reason again.
    Yeah, I am glad about that.

Still hurts.
    Well, I guess she should be someone related to the Wonder Woman mythos...

Still hurts.
    Why do they keep making this character anything but an actual counterpart to Diana?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why do they keep making this character anything but an actual counterpart to Diana?
    Because of the Ultraman connection?

I didn't think they would use a Wonder Woman character as a counterpart so Donna is a pleasant surprise. If it helps her character in any way remains to be seen.

About Donna's current origin being used in AoP? Well, the writer was Dan Abnett, so it's probably his go-to origin considering he wrote her in Titans Hunt and Titans.

As long her name isn’t Lois lane. I’m cool.

Astonishing Member

Meaning there's no sexual connection, because I hope so?

Still hurts.
    I think it’s an interesting choice. It always irked me that Wonder Woman’s evil counterpart was Lois Lane..? I mean, if we MUST have an evil Donna Troy, I prefer she be from a different earth.

Not loving this costume though. It’s a bathing suit on the front, but a cocktail dress on the back? (Atomica’s costume is pretty rad, though!)

She didn't need to be Lois to be Ultraman's lover. Superman and Wonder Woman were dating in New 52, for crying out loud.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman