Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Agreed, if there's no Titans book, Donna should be in Diana's supporting cast.
    If they do multiple Justice League books they could have Donna as the not-WW in the B team.

Amazing Member

I like Donna she's interesting to me but I must say I prefer her in the black outfit, it is much more interesting than her red one

Quote Originally Posted by IonRyner View Post
    I like Donna she's interesting to me but I must say I prefer her in the black outfit, it is much more interesting than her red one
    Although I'm fond of the red, I thought that Donna's initial, Post-Rebirth black costume with the white stars in the same layout as in the red suit, was a great look. It gave a nice nod to both her red and her black starfield looks. The black with the white stars is a nice contrast.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Although I'm fond of the red, I thought that Donna's initial, Post-Rebirth black costume with the white stars in the same layout as in the red suit, was a great look. It gave a nice nod to both her red and her black starfield looks. The black with the white stars is a nice contrast.
    She looked combat ready in it, I did not like the added heels and palindromes on her shoulders

Incredible Member

Small update. Wonder Woman #751 has a scene where Diana tries to locate Donna with a magic sphere. She also calls Donna "sister" and comments that she hasn't been there for Donna recently.
    Better still to reforge old bonds, now that the storm has died.

No answer... But we will speak soon, sister. Peng Deilan was right. I have not been present. I haven't been there... But wherever you are, that is about to change.
    I really want to hope things are going to work out, but Death Metal has me scared somewhat about where this infected plot is going to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I really want to hope things are going to work out, but Death Metal has me scared somewhat about where this infected plot is going to go.
    Another big, over-the-top DC metal event, apparently. Since Wonder Woman is the star of the new Death Metal event, here's hoping that Diana saving Donna gets more than a mere mention. I'm also hoping that Donna emerges from this event, past lives and powers intact, renewed and League-worthy.

Small update. Wonder Woman #751 has a scene where Diana tries to locate Donna with a magic sphere. She also calls Donna "sister" and comments that she hasn't been there for Donna recently.

really want to hope things are going to work out, but Death Metal has me scared i Dhat about where this infected plot is going to go.
    Thanks for the update. It is good to hear Diana mention Donna.

Wow, so it was Chinese Wonder Woman who made Diana realise that she's been forgetting Donna?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's a good start .

Is there still a way to retcon this origin? They didn't spend time together

Incredible Member

I really dislike the literal tack the comics occasionally take in acting as if the characters haven't seen each other in a while on a comic book page, then they haven't seen each other at all. Diana has one book, and Donna Troy and Cassie can't be in it all the time, and likewise, Diana can't guest-star in the Titans & Young Justice titles all the time. I can see how it might have been awhile since Diana's seen, say, Barry Allen, but I just assume that the characters have lives off the pages (fodder for "remember that time we hung out doing X and ended up fighting Y" stories) and that they see the ones they care about the most.

There are exceptions, of course, like when Loebs' had Diana in space for 6 months or when Diana mostly disappeared for a year in 52, but otherwise, just because they haven't co-appeared on the comic page doesn't mean, at least to me, that they haven't seen each other. It just means that we haven't seen them spend time together.

And that's not to say that I don't want to see them interacting on the comic page - I do! I just don't assume we see every moment of Diana's life.

On a related note, I remember that during PJ's run, Diana, in talking to Oracle, asked her to say hello to Black Canary for her. An editor wanted PJ to cut that line initially because it "wasn't necessary," but PJ's argument was that it was important to show Diana's connected-ness to other heroes, especially when Perez had made a point of saying in WW#8 that Diana had especially admired Black Canary, who reminded her of her fellow amazons. For me, it was a great story beat; for an editor, it was an extraneous line that didn't belong in that single story arc. For me, the fan, the story beat was a small point of cohesion in a shared universe; for the editor, it was only about the single story.

The character Diana that I love enjoys people, life, and fun, and while she may be overwhelmed by mission on occasion, I chose to believe that she takes time to go dancing with her friends. She checks in on them, she shares her struggles, and she is grateful for the rich life she's blessed to have. We don't get to see it all on the comic page, but in my mind at least, it happens.

Yea. DC is more and more isolating Diana and other heroes from appearing in each others book. I get certain things you want to just happen in that book. But they seem to be less and less wanting to have guest appearances.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Is there still a way to retcon this origin? They didn't spend time together
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I really dislike the literal tack the comics occasionally take in acting as if the characters haven't seen each other in a while on a comic book page, then they haven't seen each other at all. Diana has one book, and Donna Troy and Cassie can't be in it all the time, and likewise, Diana can't guest-star in the Titans & Young Justice titles all the time. I can see how it might have been awhile since Diana's seen, say, Barry Allen, but I just assume that the characters have lives off the pages (fodder for "remember that time we hung out doing X and ended up fighting Y" stories) and that they see the ones they care about the most.

There are exceptions, of course, like when Loebs' had Diana in space for 6 months or when Diana mostly disappeared for a year in 52, but otherwise, just because they haven't co-appeared on the comic page doesn't mean, at least to me, that they haven't seen each other. It just means that we haven't seen them spend time together.

And that's not to say that I don't want to see them interacting on the comic page - I do! I just don't assume we see every moment of Diana's life.

On a related note, I remember that during PJ's run, Diana, in talking to Oracle, asked her to say hello to Black Canary for her. An editor wanted PJ to cut that line initially because it "wasn't necessary," but PJ's argument was that it was important to show Diana's connected-ness to other heroes, especially when Perez had made a point of saying in WW#8 that Diana had especially admired Black Canary, who reminded her of her fellow amazons. For me, it was a great story beat; for an editor, it was an extraneous line that didn't belong in that single story arc. For me, the fan, the story beat was a small point of cohesion in a shared universe; for the editor, it was only about the single story.

The character Diana that I love enjoys people, life, and fun, and while she may be overwhelmed by mission on occasion, I chose to believe that she takes time to go dancing with her friends. She checks in on them, she shares her struggles, and she is grateful for the rich life she's blessed to have. We don't get to see it all on the comic page, but in my mind at least, it happens.
    In this case I would think it kind of justified, because Diana not only really hasn't interacted much with Donna on page, but when she was back near the beginning of Rebirth she was acting rather hostile as if the Finch origin was still canon, despite Rebirth making it impossible at the same time.

I really suspect there was some problem of communication or proper editorial oversight between the Wonder Woman with Rucka and Titans with Abnett, and it led to things being derailed. Titans seemed to be moving in the direction of returning Donna to some variant of being adopted by the amazons, while in in Wonder Woman it was decided that she'd never been back to Themyscira at all. One hand didn't know what the other was doing and they ended up in a contradiction. So they basically stopped trying to fix Donna's origin at all, and just left things broken for quite a while.

Now that Doomsday clock and 5g have decided to retcon things in order to have Diana debut back in the Golden Age, and it's possible for them to restore Donna's original origin, I hope they do so.

DC May solicits and Donna Troy is back in WW #757!! And the book will be out on my bday, too!! This makes me very happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    DC May solicits and Donna Troy is back in WW #757!! And the book will be out on my bday, too!! This makes me very happy!!
    Yes! Can't wait .