Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    DC May solicits and Donna Troy is back in WW #757!! And the book will be out on my bday, too!! This makes me very happy!!
    Great news!

Donna in a WW book? Holey moley, I thought that was illegal!

Incredible Member

This is great. I was thinking that when we got the scene in last issue that Orlando was probably going to follow up the current Von Gunther arc with one with Diana going to save Donna from her infection. Wasn't expecting Donna to show up at the end of the current arc though. And something else I noticed. On the cover Donna's not infected and brainwashed in her Deathbringer look. So maybe Hell Arisen ends with at at least some of them, including Donna being cured?

Looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I like the black star field bodysuit most myself. It's unique and looks cool.
    donna tumblr_dbd2e7c2574f310536bd13dae8943aae_8b26a2cd_640.jpg

Smaller stars would be appreciated but of the modern versions I prefer the one on the left. With the straps the shoulder guards look like actual tactical gear and aren't as sharp and gaudy as the ones on the right. Both belts bug me but the second one especially because it screams "Aquaman" instead of Amazon or whatever the inexplicable "A" is supposed to be for. I dislike it on the shield too.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    donna tumblr_dbd2e7c2574f310536bd13dae8943aae_8b26a2cd_640.jpg

Smaller stars would be appreciated but of the modern versions I prefer the one on the left. With the straps the shoulder guards look like actual tactical gear and aren't as sharp and gaudy as the ones on the right. Both belts bug me but the second one especially because it screams "Aquaman" instead of Amazon or whatever the inexplicable "A" is supposed to be for. I dislike it on the shield too.
    Out of these 2, I like the first one. It seems like an update of Donna's red and black costumes.

The Lives of Donna Troy by Lucas Rémoussin

lucas-remoussin-the-lives-of-donna-troy-01-2020.jpg

With Diana's new timeline it would be easy to reinstate Donna's orphan found in a fire origin, but while that's simpler I want all her lives included. That separates her from Diana and makes her unique. I never liked the mirror twin come to life origin it's lacking in agency.

I hope we get good news. I don't know. Sometimes I wonder what was stopping Diana from actually bring Donna into a place where she could be adopted to regular people. I always maybe Donna could have been saved by Diana when she was younger. Before she left the Island. But I hope we get the Iconic one

Yeah, if Donna is just another human girl why take her to PI?

Some versions of the Amazons "reproduce" by adopting orphans and teaching them to be amazons. Which could work as an explanation of why Diana did it. Even then it's kinda weird since those orphans usually wash up on the beach instead of being taken from their homes.

I also want Donna to have her own special lasso again. This ties her to Diana and Cassie in an Amazonian way too.

Some versions of the Amazons "reproduce" by adopting orphans and teaching them to be amazons. Which could work as an explanation of why Diana did it. Even then it's kinda weird since those orphans usually wash up on the beach instead of being taken from their homes.
    They actually do send them back in some versions. One way to have it be is that Donna has to family to send her back to. So Hippolyta adopted her. I think that works if the Amazons saw that the girl had no home to return to they adopted the children

Also since this still happens the one of the female gods would save the abandon female girls. In many countries they would either kill or Abandon a baby that’s a female. So maybe a Amazons who wants a child would be give this girl.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-16-2020 at 10:59 AM.

The Lives of Donna Troy by Lucas Rémoussin

lucas-remoussin-the-lives-of-donna-troy-01-2020.jpg

With Diana's new timeline it would be easy to reinstate Donna's orphan found in a fire origin, but while that's simpler I want all her lives included. That separates her from Diana and makes her unique. I never liked the mirror twin come to life origin it's lacking in agency.
    The multiple lives idea isn't unique to Donna. Hawkman and Hawkwoman have it (and we've seen what that did to their continuity). Donna being a normal human girl who isn't originally from Themyscira already separates her from Diana.

In Donna's first origin, Donna was the first orphan she ever met and seeing a child who had no parents for the first time ever, Diana felt pity for her and took her back to Themyscira. Also, Diana cares about humans so Donna being a normal person shouldn't be an issue. It's like asking why Diana would fight to help people in the first place.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-16-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In Donna's first origin, Donna was the first orphan she ever met and seeing a child who had no parents for the first time ever, Diana felt pity for her and took her back to Themyscira. Also, Diana cares about humans so Donna being a normal person shouldn't be an issue. It's like asking why Diana would fight to help people in the first place.
    More like asking why Diana didn't take Donna to live with other Humans. It's not like it's an un-answerable question, just that it's a question that needs answered for the origin to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The multiple lives idea isn't unique to Donna. Hawkman and Hawkwoman have it (and we've seen what that did to their continuity). Donna being a normal human girl who isn't originally from Themyscira already separates her from Diana.
    Donna's history is the way it is because that's how DC wants it. Complicated inconsistency is her major claim to fame. She's an anomaly and has been since her first appearance in Wonder Woman's Impossible Tales. It's better to go with it instead of trying to fight it.

More like asking why Diana didn't take Donna to live with other Humans. It's not like it's an un-answerable question, just that it's a question that needs answered for the origin to make sense.
    Same reason Bruce didn't leave Dick to be adopted by others I guess. The only member of the Trinity who has actually left kid sidekicks to be taken care of by the foster care system is Superman. Bruce is rich enough to practically turn Wayne Manor into an orphanage and Diana has a whole country to help her take care of Donna.

Donna's history is the way it is because that's how DC wants it.
    Yeah and that's not a good thing.

Complicated inconsistency is her major claim to fame. She's an anomaly and has been since her first appearance in Wonder Woman's Impossible Tales. It's better to go with it instead of trying to fight it.
    They've been doing that for decades and it hasn't helped the character in any way. It being her claim to fame isn't actually a good thing. The live action version of Titans has thus far gone for a simplified origin and has been well received over the convoluted nonsense the comics go for. Two wrong don't make a right and neither do seven or eight wrongs.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-17-2020 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    They actually do send them back in some versions. One way to have it be is that Donna has to family to send her back to. So Hippolyta adopted her. I think that works if the Amazons saw that the girl had no home to return to they adopted the children

Also since this still happens the one of the female gods would save the abandon female girls. In many countries they would either kill or Abandon a baby that’s a female. So maybe a Amazons who wants a child would be give this girl.
    Yeah, Donna was adopted even before the fire, so her real family would be untraceable anyway.

There was never a problem with her original origin (New Teen Titans merely fleshed out what the original Teen Titans run had started) until Crisis on Infinite Earths, and Wonder Woman's reboot. Donna was effectively divorced from Wonder Woman at that point, which is why they changed her name to Troia after her new origin was revealed. It was always nonsensical that Donna was around before Diana was.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman