Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I have always felt that the original origin for Donna was/is the best. Young adopted girl is rescued by Diana from a fire (that kills the girl's parents). Since the adopted parents are dead and the birth parents are never found, Diana's compassion kicks in and she takes the girl to Themyscira to be raised by her sisters. Now, I think having the girl (now named Donna) being given powers by the Purple Ray is problematic (it would open up a "why not give powers to others"/"why has a villain not tried to steal that technology" can of worms), but this particular part of the story could be modified. Maybe Donna does something while living on the island that is so heroic, so selfless, so impressively worthy of admiration that she gets a "gift" from one of the Olympian gods? That gift could be superpowers, which combined with all the training that Donna has been getting from the Amazons turns her into a Wonder-Girl. I don't know, I'm not a writer, but I think that retaining the basics of that origing is just the best course of action. Adopted amazon turns into a champion for good, just like her older "sister". And then reinvent all the villains that she has amassed throught her comic book history in all of those reboots.
    What I've always found odd. John Bryne actually had the perfect character to retain Donna's origin story. At the time, Hippolyta was the first Wonder Woman and all John had to do was have Hippy be the one who rescued Donna and brought her to Themyscira.

This is beautiful.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-19-2020 at 06:31 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

For a live action Donna Troy in movie who would you want?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Actress Angie Harmon.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Shay Mitchell.

Some interesting developments concerning Donna in Wonder Woman #752: Diana references Donna as one of the few who are able to gracefully slip through the lasso's loop. A small panel on the left shows what appears to be Diana sword training with a young Donna on the beach. A subsequent panel shows Diana and a teenage/young adult Donna training with the lasso and Donna exclaiming that the lasso only works if Diana can catch her. That means Donna was either brought or created on the island as a young child and trained underneath Diana for some time. Donna avoiding the lasso demonstrates super-human speed and agility.

If Donna was a child and grew up on the island, she was not created as Diana's duplicate/playmate like Byrne's origin and her original origin of being saved from a fire by Diana and adopted by Queen Hippolyta could be canon once again (one can only hope). She still may have been created as a weapon, like the Finch origin but, as a child instead of a full-grown adult as her 52 depiction. Either way, the idea of a young Donna Troy growing up on Themyscira and mentored by an adult Diana displays a much more significant relationship between these two women, with Diana having much more influence concerning the shaping of Donna Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Some interesting developments concerning Donna in Wonder Woman #752: Diana references Donna as one of the few who are able to gracefully slip through the lasso's loop. A small panel on the left shows what appears to be Diana sword training with a young Donna on the beach. A subsequent panel shows Diana and a teenage/young adult Donna training with the lasso and Donna exclaiming that the lasso only works if Diana can catch her. That means Donna was either brought or created on the island as a young child and trained underneath Diana for some time. Donna avoiding the lasso demonstrates super-human speed and agility.

If Donna was a child and grew up on the island, she was not created as Diana's duplicate/playmate like Byrne's origin and her original origin of being saved from a fire by Diana and adopted by Queen Hippolyta could be canon once again (one can only hope). She still may have been created as a weapon, like the Finch origin but, as a child instead of a full-grown adult as her 52 depiction. Either way, the idea of a young Donna Troy growing up on Themyscira and mentored by an adult Diana displays a much more significant relationship between these two women, with Diana having much more influence concerning the shaping of Donna Troy.
    Thanks for posting this info!

It might mean that Donna has some special attributes or abiities besides super-speed and agility. She may be able to bypass the lasso's ability due to magic or a partial magical nature.

Saw this photo manipulation of Gal Gadot movie Wondy as part of a tutorial on recoloring tech. Looks like a version of Donna ( �� on shield aside).
    0AF43F24-77A7-4693-BAB7-BDA3E43822BA.jpg

Incredible Member

Confirmation Donna is coming back in Titans season 3, and graduating to the Troia identity. https://fullcirclecinema.com/2020/04...season-3-fate/

Can DC just please release a ONE SHOT issue showing Donna's current history so this isn't so damn confusing?! I admit even before Rebirth/NEW 52 she was still confusing as heck. I remember bringing a friend into a comic store once who knew nothing about comics and he picked up an issue with Donna on the front asking who she was. I remember replying "You couldn't have picked a more confusing character in comics to ask that question about."
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 04-21-2020 at 07:45 AM. Reason: language, please :)

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    The many lives of Wonder Girl !

Although who's the blonde in the blue costume posing with Hawk in the background? And the girl in the purple costume pictured above her?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Although who's the blonde in the blue costume posing with Hawk in the background? And the girl in the purple costume pictured above her?
    Not exactly sure who that blonde girl is, but that's definitely Donna photographing her. The girl in the purple is supposed to be "non powered" Donna, if I'm not mistaken.

Ray
    **=w=**

With Hawk there, you'd think the girl was Dove - but she has white hair, not blonde.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

If memory serves, the artist added some fan made characters....

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    Not exactly sure who that blonde girl is, but that's definitely Donna photographing her. The girl in the purple is supposed to be "non powered" Donna, if I'm not mistaken.

Ray
    **=w=**
    Notbthat one, the one that's more magenta colored in the photo...