Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

No return of Bianca Laneige please!!!!!!!!!!!!

has Ricochet been seen on Krakoa?

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Everything during Larry Hama's run should be stripped from the GenX record and continuity.....Every. Thing.

well except the Pooka...I kinda liked the Pooka.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Everything during Larry Hama's run should be stripped from the GenX record and continuity.....Every. Thing.

well except the Pooka...I kinda liked the Pooka.
    I agree

Let's all forget about the Pooka

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    That’s true.....if he survives the Vault.

If he died during that time, the Five are going to revive him with memories only up to the last time Xavier had Cerebro scan him, before he went in.
    What would be the point? Hickman didnt put him in there to have absolutely no character development. Considering he did nothing with Eva prior to going into the Vault, resurrecting him and defaulting him back to his previous state doesnt really serve much literary sense

[QUOTE=BroHomo;5267973]Everything during Larry Hama's run should be stripped from the GenX record and continuity.....Every. Thing.

well except the Pooka...I kinda liked the Pooka.[/QUOT
    Was he the one that killed off Synch...? Then 1000% yes!

[QUOTE=dkrook;5268239]
    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

well except the Pooka...I kinda liked the Pooka.[/QUOT
    Was he the one that killed off Synch...? Then 1000% yes!
    No, Ellis did that

Chimera was fun so I'd like to see her again in comics

Cordelia name dropped in today's issue of Marauders.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Monet hated it bc she had no agency. She was stuck and it was a prison. No she can shift back and forth at will and she can even talk and use her telepathy while in Penance form. Its not a shackle anymore so she has no reason to hate it, especially if it provides her an extra layer of invulnerability and enhances her fighting skills
    huh...not sure I like that... then what about the actual Penance/Hollow/Yvette? Feels like Monet's just stealing her appearance/powerset. Id rather they just bring the actual Penance back.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo
    I mean does it tho? As yoga mentions Monet's various powers fluctuates depending on the writer add on the Penance transformation and its just gonna lead to other inconsistencies. And imHo might hinder the progression of Monet's own powerset (w/o transforming) As the Penance form will always be seen as the "tougher" form. Why Monet is cool with being in the body that made her want to kill herself is still kinda Eh? I imagine if Penance was /is her own char there would be some shade when Monet and her bump into each other on Krakoa.
    yep, this!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    If this book does return they should bring back some old enemies.

Attachment 102994
    oh yeah I was thinking about them, Id like to see a round 2 with these guys! If they bring back a Gen X writer to tie up a loose end it should be Faerber(since Lobdell will probably never happen.) He can finish that story he was gonna do about Penance /Yvette's identity/past. Please NO HAMA!

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    huh...not sure I like that... then what about the actual Penance/Hollow/Yvette? Feels like Monet's just stealing her appearance/powerset. Id rather they just bring the actual Penance back.
    what about her? Penance was a form that was originally given to Monet. It was HER look. The shell became sentient after the twins left it, and I dont think that was ever given an explanation. Regardless, Hollow is co-opting Monet's look, not the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Thanks. I was JUST mentioning her. When did she die though? She needs to be resurrected in time for a Gen X revival
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-09-2020 at 03:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    What confuses me is that I thought they were going in the direction of Penance being her own person way back in Faerber's Generation X run. But now we're back to her being a shell.

[Sigh] I wish they could just give us Lobdell's original idea for Penance. A deaf mutant girl from a war-torn country who becomes diamond hard and razor sharp by absorbing negative energy. Some real comics fan blasphemy here: I wouldn't even care if they didn't explain why she was suddenly a character of her own. I feel like superhero comics fans always want explanations (though not necessarily good explanations) for things. But if they just suddenly made Penance "Yvette" again with no convoluted explanation, I'd just be like "Okay".
    I did like in the original plan, she was going to be Yugoslavian

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Lourdes Chantal and Astrid Bloom need to come for Emma’s scalp. That would be premium Maraudering.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Shouldn’t she have said Adrienne? She was the antagonistic sister Emma killed so I was so confused why she said Cordelia instead.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    Shouldn’t she have said Adrienne? She was the antagonistic sister Emma killed so I was so confused why she said Cordelia instead.
    I was confused too. I was expecting that Cordelia appears soon, with that comment from Emma now I will have to wait for a frost sisters reunion