Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Cool that Synch is going to be on a team but where are their pupils?!?!

the almost/unofficial members

Gaia unfortunately was an official member but we dont like to talk about her

Dont know the green dude but Vicente, I wouldnt call an almost or unofficial. He only appeared once in 616 and that was as an enemy with Emplate's Hellions. He should return though and be with the group

So glad to see Synch get the spotlight. I hope we get at least one panel somewhere of all the Gen Xers reunited. It was sad seeing all the New Mutants group-hugging it out and Jono and Mondo standing on the sidelines all frowny faced in that recent NM issue. :\

Vincente is a must. I keep nudging Carlos Pacheco on twitter to bring him back somehow someway.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    So glad to see Synch get the spotlight. I hope we get at least one panel somewhere of all the Gen Xers reunited. It was sad seeing all the New Mutants group-hugging it out and Jono and Mondo standing on the sidelines all frowny faced in that recent NM issue. :\
    Well to be fair Chamber always has a frowny face
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Dont know the green dude but Vicente, I wouldnt call an almost or unofficial. He only appeared once in 616 and that was as an enemy with Emplate's Hellions. He should return though and be with the group
    Adam Berman aka Primal is from one of those annuals, i believe. Emma offered him a place at the school but the Prime sentinels got in the way. he was kind of an update on Henry McCoy; as Emma wanted him because of his academics.

as for Vincente, i was counting him (in the "almost" category) because he was a member of generation X in the Age of Apocalypse Universe. Mondo also played a larger role in the team in that universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was the ultimate worst. I compare her to Gossamyr from New Mutants. Barf-ola!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the almost/unofficial members
    I remember reading somewhere that Bolt was supposed to join

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    She was the ultimate worst. I compare her to Gossamyr from New Mutants. Barf-ola!
    Agreed. Going back to the book, I am still shocked by how long she actually lasted when she really should have been a one and done 1 arc character

One thing I like and dislike about Gen X is that it didnt really do a good job of incorporating new members. The core team was there from #1 and thats pretty much all that mattered for the entirety of its run. Mondo never felt like he was a part of the group. Neither did Gaia, Artie, Leech, Maggot etc... They all felt like guest characters (and was in Maggot's case). New Mutants did a much better job at incorporating recruits, which I wish Gen X did. To play devil's advocate, it had a pretty damn solid core group of 6 (7 if we still count Penance despite the retcon).

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that Bolt was supposed to join
    i can believe it. i have some mixed feelings on Bolt. i still have his origin story. it was interesting. but when they turned him into Maverick, i kind of retroactively disliked him. it was handled strangely and not very organic, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    To this day I can't remember what Gaia was or what happened to her. And Gossamyr was the worst.

Did anyone like their middle uniforms that more resembled the classic X-student uniform but had the exaggerated boots and gauntlets? Or what about those (horrible) Counter-X costumes that were more individualized?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Did anyone like their middle uniforms that more resembled the classic X-student uniform but had the exaggerated boots and gauntlets? Or what about those (horrible) Counter-X costumes that were more individualized?
    I liked all their costumes. The second set definitely felt like a prototype for the New X-men

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Gen X costumes were terrible at every point.