Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I did like in the original plan, she was going to be Yugoslavian
    The funny thing about the original plan is that it wasn't even some obscure thing that only the writer and editor knew. They put it on the frickin' trading cards. Ther text on the back of the Penance cards from multiple Fleer X-Men sets mentioned her being Yugoslavian and the fact that she absorbs negative energy. Other stuff like Mondo betraying the team and M being the twins was left off, because they were probably meant to be surprises. But Penance's background was apparently not meant to be any kind of mystery, Lobdell just never got to it.

I always felt like we lost two characters to get one in the whole deal. We lost the autistic M who was the twins in gestalt. And we lost the original concept for Penance. All so we could get a "real" M who was more like what people had expected. I mean, I get why some people like the M we ended up with, but it still feels like kind of a raw deal.

Extraordinary Member

[QUOTE=dkrook;5268239]
    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Everything during Larry Hama's run should be stripped from the GenX record and continuity.....Every. Thing.
    Weird mutant teen Gaia will forever hunt your dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Lourdes Chantal and Astrid Bloom need to come for Emma’s scalp. That would be premium Maraudering.
    YAS! Biiuut why would Lourdes Chantal be out for tracks?
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    The funny thing about the original plan is that it wasn't even some obscure thing that only the writer and editor knew. They put it on the frickin' trading cards. Ther text on the back of the Penance cards from multiple Fleer X-Men sets mentioned her being Yugoslavian and the fact that she absorbs negative energy. Other stuff like Mondo betraying the team and M being the twins was left off, because they were probably meant to be surprises. But Penance's background was apparently not meant to be any kind of mystery, Lobdell just never got to it.
    Duuuude right! They coulda just left Penance alone. I'll never forget the report I did on Yugoslavia in Elementary school and I used Penance and her backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post

Weird mutant teen Gaia will forever hunt your dreams.
    NOOOOO!!!
    her purple hair!
    Her convulted age!
    Why would Synch even LOOK at her decrepit, naive flatness over M's Hotness

Don't you put that evil on me
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Lourdes Chantal and Astrid Bloom need to come for Emma’s scalp. That would be premium Maraudering.
    Lourdes was killed by Sentinels funded by Ned Buckman. As for Astrid, she had it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Lourdes was killed by Sentinels funded by Ned Buckman. As for Astrid, she had it coming.
    Why would that make her have a vendetta against Emma?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Why would that make her have a vendetta against Emma?
    It wouldn't. That's my point. There is no reason for Lourdes to hate Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what about her? Penance was a form that was originally given to Monet. It was HER look. The shell became sentient after the twins left it, and I dont think that was ever given an explanation. Regardless, Hollow is co-opting Monet's look, not the other way around

I mean there's now two characters with the same appearance/powerset(or in the case of M, who can access that appearance/powerset) running around, it just seems redundant...and Monet really doesn't need the Penance form/powers anyway...

though I guess its no different than when Rogue temporarily steals someones look/power or when Mimic does it...meh.

Extraordinary Member

You do know both M twins can copy the Penance appearance also, right. So there’s four characters who can look like Penance: Monet, Claudette, Nicole and Hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    You do know both M twins can copy the Penance appearance also, right. So there’s four characters who can look like Penance: Monet, Claudette, Nicole and Hollow.
    What about the brother, emplate?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    What about the brother, emplate?
    Only the characters he mentioned. Emplate would be redundant considering his default form is already Penance-esqe

like I said its redundant! though they are all related so I guess its just a shared family power...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Only the characters he mentioned. Emplate would be redundant considering his default form is already Penance-esqe
    The spikey look is the St.Croix signature look
    GrindrStone(D)

M herself first suggested that Emplate's form was the result of eating Penance for so long; he incorporated her genes permanently.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    M herself first suggested that Emplate's form was the result of eating Penance for so long; he incorporated her genes permanently.
    I think it’s her diamond form he got permanently since he already has the same genes as Monet given how they’re siblings and all

Siblings have similar genes, but not exactly the same. Epigenetics especially. Emplate can copy powers by digesting the genes of his victims, but they usually fade quickly. The spikey hair and fingers from Penance seem to be permanent now.

Marius wasn't all spikey yet when he transformed Monet into Penance with a spell. He was just sort of grey. I think he became spikey and all that later in the other dimension Claudette sent them to, after having feasted on Monet/Penance for however long time passed there for them.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 12-12-2020 at 02:38 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!