Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I said what I said and he's Budget Cyclops to me.
    Lol. He is budget Cyclops and budget Chamber. Maybe he could be a ressurected younger Erg and Outlaw could become Buff.

I hate that Vincente was never seen again after that stint with Emplate. He was my absolute favorite Gen Xer.

Marvel would doubtfully give us the full original team except for maybe a short reunion which we deserve to see.

Maybe Banshee could take them on covert X-Men missions under Cyclops.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 12-08-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Lol. He is budget Cyclops. But I wouldn’t mind seeing him in comic form. I hate that Vincente was never seen again after that stint with Emplate. He was my absolute favorite Gen Xer.
    Me too as he had potential and a cool design

As for Refrax and the other one, if they were to bring to the comics, Id rather they be villians and not team members

Someone that people have not mentioned is Cordelia Frost. She needs to return. My ideal cast would be

Main team:
    Synch
    Husk
    Chamber
    Blink
    Cordelia
    Mondo
    Vicente

Support
    Monet - I'd have her do a dual role between this and X-Corp. She can serve as a liason between the groups
    Jubilee - she has a baby so I wouldnt expect to see her full time but she can appear from time to time
    Trinary - I hadnt thought of it but it would be a good idea to stick her here
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-08-2020 at 02:57 PM.

I said what I said and he's Budget Cyclops to me.
    Lol yeeeah he wasn't even scarred
    Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Personally I don't new students should be added to the rooster if gen x is brought back as a book. I think now that Blink, Angelo and Synch are alive we should get the whole team out on the field. I can Laura added to the team, I think it would be a good place for her. I can see the team doing a mix of teaching/mentoring young mutants and team missions and assisting X-corps. Gentle and and that technopath from X-men red could also join the team.
    Ugh Nuts! to them beigy teachers. Like if that's thE route each class of new teen Mutants is gonna take there's gonna be a clog/overlap soon. ALso it's frustrating AF there's like Zero GenX collected editions except for Generation neXt. Blink or Maggot or Daria or Vincente are the only acceptable new recruits X-23 has been globbed on to how many different casts now? Give her a break lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Lol yeeeah he wasn't even scarred
    Ugh Nuts! to them beigy teachers. Like if that's thE route each class of new teen Mutants is gonna take there's gonna be a clog/overlap soon. ALso it's frustrating AF there's like Zero GenX collected editions except for Generation neXt. Blink or Maggot or Daria or Vincente are the only acceptable new recruits X-23 has been globbed on to how many different casts now? Give her a break lol
    Mainstream superhero creators make such a big deal about aging characters too much and then they stick these young characters in a role supervising other teenagers. The teacher role really calls for older characters.

There has to be something that can be done with young characters in an X-book besides sticking them in a school. I had an idea a couple years ago, but it kind of feels like the Champions got to it first.

I want Chamber in whatever book Spurrier is concocting...

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    We still have no clue on how Monet can take the penance form, and whether there is a link between that and Hollow, who was last seen in Avengers Academy, or not.
    Im glad someone mentioned this...I have been too busy these days to keep up with the X world, I pop in here in lurk mode once in a while to see whats going on with Jono. (Are he and Mondo still papering walls in NM?) But yeah...whats up with Monet taking the Penance form now? Why would she do that when she always hated being stuck in that body??

uh also is Jubes baby still a freakin dragon?

Last I saw Shogo was still a dragon in the crossover.

I could be wrong but I believe with the chance of cast in New Mutants post-crossover, Chamber and Mondo are off the team. They’ve been replaced by Warpath and Honey Badger.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    I want Chamber in whatever book Spurrier is concocting...

Im glad someone mentioned this...I have been too busy these days to keep up with the X world, I pop in here in lurk mode once in a while to see whats going on with Jono. (Are he and Mondo still papering walls in NM?) But yeah...whats up with Monet taking the Penance form now? Why would she do that when she always hated being stuck in that body??

uh also is Jubes baby still a freakin dragon?
    Monet hated it bc she had no agency. She was stuck and it was a prison. No she can shift back and forth at will and she can even talk and use her telepathy while in Penance form. Its not a shackle anymore so she has no reason to hate it, especially if it provides her an extra layer of invulnerability and enhances her fighting skills

How invulnerable is the Penance form, though, really? She was gunned down in moments in HOX. I remember a time when she was shrugging off WWHulk, without the Penance form. Hickman needs to write his story about how this happened and why Monet wanted it. I'm not sold on the transformation thing, at all.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

What confuses me is that I thought they were going in the direction of Penance being her own person way back in Faerber's Generation X run. But now we're back to her being a shell.

[Sigh] I wish they could just give us Lobdell's original idea for Penance. A deaf mutant girl from a war-torn country who becomes diamond hard and razor sharp by absorbing negative energy. Some real comics fan blasphemy here: I wouldn't even care if they didn't explain why she was suddenly a character of her own. I feel like superhero comics fans always want explanations (though not necessarily good explanations) for things. But if they just suddenly made Penance "Yvette" again with no convoluted explanation, I'd just be like "Okay".

Extraordinary Member

For now. If Gen X were to be a thing, they should take Jubilee out of Excalibur and place her there. As for M, I dont see why she couldnt make appearances in both. The only good issues of NM were the ones where Berto and Sam were part of the team/plot so thats a bad example

Everett likely has more experience than all 4 of them combined having spent years in The Vault
    That’s true.....if he survives the Vault.

If he died during that time, the Five are going to revive him with memories only up to the last time Xavier had Cerebro scan him, before he went in.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    How invulnerable is the Penance form, though, really? She was gunned down in moments in HOX. I remember a time when she was shrugging off WWHulk, without the Penance form. Hickman needs to write his story about how this happened and why Monet wanted it. I'm not sold on the transformation thing, at all.
    I fear Penance potential power levels will never be reached. I remember during her first few issues her body absorbed the negative energy around her and internalized it around her (considering what was going on in Yugoslavia at the time she would have plenty of negative emotions to wrap around her) she wrapped her skin so tight it was petrified, causing her small frame to become incredibly dense, her skin/hair sharp enough to cut diamonds casually, She Had incredibly psychic defenses, could blend in shadows, avoid detection, increased agility, burrow underground, increased speed, and excellent tracker skills.

Monet hated it bc she had no agency. She was stuck and it was a prison. No she can shift back and forth at will and she can even talk and use her telepathy while in Penance form. Its not a shackle anymore so she has no reason to hate it, especially if it provides her an extra layer of invulnerability and enhances her fighting skills
    I mean does it tho? As yoga mentions Monet's various powers fluctuates depending on the writer add on the Penance transformation and its just gonna lead to other inconsistencies. And imHo might hinder the progression of Monet's own powerset (w/o transforming) As the Penance form will always be seen as the "tougher" form. Why Monet is cool with being in the body that made her want to kill herself is still kinda Eh? I imagine if Penance was /is her own char there would be some shade when Monet and her bump into each other on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    What confuses me is that I thought they were going in the direction of Penance being her own person way back in Faerber's Generation X run. But now we're back to her being a shell.
    Right....even though I hated the 'Hollow'(thanks a lot Speedballs) direction... It certainly made more sense than what we have now.
    [Sigh] I wish they could just give us Lobdell's original idea for Penance. A deaf mutant girl from a war-torn country who becomes diamond hard and razor sharp by absorbing negative energy.
    Some real comics fan blasphemy here: I wouldn't even care if they didn't explain why she was suddenly a character of her own. I feel like superhero comics fans always want explanations (though not necessarily good explanations) for things. But if they just suddenly made Penance "Yvette" again with no convoluted explanation, I'd just be like "Okay".
    Hahaha bro Im totally with you. I still hoping 'Yvette' is out there somewhere. Her power is awesome and way more than invulnerability+Sharp claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    That’s true.....if he survives the Vault.

If he died during that time, the Five are going to revive him with memories only up to the last time Xavier had Cerebro scan him, before he went in.
    What would have been the point?

Also if Emplate knew he took on the physical characteristics of the mutants he fed from why would he choose a form like Penance? Unless he didnt chose, had already been feeding on Penance Which kinda points to Penance being more than just an empty shell.
    Last edited by BroHomo; 12-09-2020 at 04:49 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

If this book does return they should bring back some old enemies.

Rising_Sons_(Earth-616)_from_Generation_X_Vol_1_53_0001.jpg

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

I hope they will explain to us :

*how Monet is able to turn into Penance now.
    *Who is really Penance/Hollow who appeared in GenX (without Monet , Nicole or Claudette inside her), I remember she was sent to Monaco/Monte Carlo with Nicole and Claudette. She was then later spotted in "The Loners" where she had a crush on Phil Urich. And finally appeared as astudent in Avengers Academy.

131739-18461-110264-1-the-loners.jpg

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    I hope they will explain to us :

*how Monet is able to turn into Penance now.
    *Who is really Penance/Hollow who appeared in GenX (without Monet , Nicole or Claudette inside her), I remember she was sent to Monaco/Monte Carlo with Nicole and Claudette. She was then later spotted in "The Loners" where she had a crush on Phil Urich. And finally appeared as astudent in Avengers Academy.

131739-18461-110264-1-the-loners.jpg
    I hated how "The Loners" made it seem like 'Hollow' (sooooo stupid) was feral...hissing, growling etc.
    GrindrStone(D)