Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Synch my baby <3

Their powers synching up is gonna be interesting.

Hope some other Gen Xers pop up!

SYNCH!!!! Is the other bald guy Xavier or...Graymalkin?

Edit: Nvm, saw in another thread that it is Darwin.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 01-02-2020 at 04:42 PM.

From Philly but currently living iin San Francisco.

That's Darwin. (Sorry just saw your update)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Blink is Gen X adjacent, but she was never a member. She's closer to the New Mutants than anything
    Her being closer to a New Mutants character is a bit of a stretch. She might have appeared in one of the New Mutants reboots after her return but she was a large component - primarily serving page time with the mutants who would form Generation X - of the Phalanx Covenant. It was her sacrifice that saved the team and bonded them together. Her 616 storyline is definitely more closely associated with Generation X and if she hadn’t died to save them, she’d have been a member. So, not a member but the association is inarguably there.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Her being closer to a New Mutants character is a bit of a stretch. She might have appeared in one of the New Mutants reboots after her return but she was a large component - primarily serving page time with the mutants who would form Generation X - of the Phalanx Covenant. It was her sacrifice that saved the team and bonded them together. Her 616 storyline is definitely more closely associated with Generation X and if she hadn’t died to save them, she’d have been a member. So, not a member but the association is inarguably there.
    Not really. If Blink were to appear in a book today, she'd likely gravitate towards the New Mutants bc she was actually a part of that team and spent some time with them. Whereas Gen X, they were a bunch of kids she met years ago and only spent a few hours locked up with them (Husk and Skin) and it wasnt even the whole group. She doesnt know them and they are strangers to her. She did not bond with the team. MAYBE Husk and Skin but thats more of a stretch than the New Mutants whom she actually became friends with
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-02-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Not really. If Blink were to appear in a book today, she'd likely gravitate towards the New Mutants bc she was actually a part of that team and spent some time with them. Whereas Gen X, they were a bunch of kids she met years ago and only spent a few hours with them and it wasnt even the whole group. She doesnt know them and they are strangers to her
    uhhhh well considering Chamberbwnd Mondo are in New Mutants not sure what point you're trying to make
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    uhhhh well considering Chamberbwnd Mondo are in New Mutants not sure what point you're trying to make
    Chamber and Mondo are irrelevant to Blink and have nothing to do with my point. She didnt even know them

ETA: Mondo like Blink was never a member of Generation X. Ironically New Mutants is the first X-team that both have officially been on, despite their earliest associations with Gen X

BTW Generation X is the topic of discussion for the latest X-Plain podcast, complete with guest host Christina Strain

https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2019/1...n-episode-279/

They do a deepdive of the first 4 issues of the original series, talk about the revival and review the movie/pilot
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-02-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Not really. If Blink were to appear in a book today, she'd likely gravitate towards the New Mutants bc she was actually a part of that team and spent some time with them. Whereas Gen X, they were a bunch of kids she met years ago and only spent a few hours locked up with them (M, Husk, Skin) and it wasnt even the whole group. She doesnt know them and they are strangers to her
    She could show up in either one of them. Character logic isn't really a reason in this case. She literally sacrifice herself for them lets not pretend there is a strong reason for them to be connected. Either group is fine imo

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Thank you.. this is all I am saying..

Chamber and Mondo are irrelevant to Blink and have nothing to do with my point. She didnt even know them

ETA: Mondo like Blink was never a member of Generation X. Ironically New Mutants is the first X-team that both have officially been on, despite their earliest associations with Gen X
    lol Yeah I know but the lines between the teams are blurred at this point Blink joining the NM book wouldn't really say anything about her closest associations
    Eh The Mondo in Generation neXt was such a cool character in a doomed storyline For many longtime fans its automatic to think Mondo=Gen X regardless of the whole clone debacle
    BTW Generation X is the topic of discussion for the latest X-Plain podcast, complete with guest host Christina Strain

https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2019/1...n-episode-279/

They do a deepdive of the first 4 issues of the original series, talk about the revival and review the movie/pilot
    oooh snap! Nice Pooor lil kid me.....I Was soooooo excited about the Gen X TV show lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    She could show up in either one of them. Character logic isn't really a reason in this case. She literally sacrifice herself for them lets not pretend there is a strong reason for them to be connected. Either group is fine imo
    Right! Just like Mondo In Gen NeXt Blinks sacrifice during the Phalanx Covenant has a lot more emotional baggage than anything shes done with the NM
    GrindrStone(D)

All-New Member

The original Generation X was everything I never knew that I needed. The new class is fine they just have nothing on the originals from powers to personality.

BANNED

The original team are still my favourites.

The art and writing where incredible, the team was fun and it was probably the best X-Men comic at the time.

I can’t believe it’s taken 20 years to get the whole team back and finally in the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    The original team are still my favourites.

The art and writing where incredible, the team was fun and it was probably the best X-Men comic at the time.

I can’t believe it’s taken 20 years to get the whole team back and finally in the spotlight.
    I meeeean Skin still hasn't been seen in Action...or Husk....but I def aint complainin'

yet lol
    GrindrStone(D)