Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    She was one of the original members together with the first appearance of the other members. However, she died a few issues later....but she was a member.
    I’m aware of Blink’s role in Phalanx Covenant. Point is, she appeared with the other kids. Generation X was never formally recognized with Blink because she died before they even enrolled in the Massachusetts Academy. Either way, as you can see in the OP, she’s an honorary member.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’m aware of Blink’s role in Phalanx Covenant. Point is, she appeared with the other kids. Generation X was never formally recognized with Blink because she died before they even enrolled in the Massachusetts Academy. Either way, as you can see in the OP, she’s an honorary member.
    Regardless of whether she was formally enrolled, she was an original member when Banshee gathered the team.

It's just like when Prof X gathered the first batch of X-Men, it was a gradual process and you don't have to be formally enrolled.

Regardless of whether she was formally enrolled, she was an original member when Banshee gathered the team.

It's just like when Prof X gathered the first batch of X-Men, it was a gradual process and you don't have to be formally enrolled.
    I believe it was the Phalanx who assembled Blink and the members of Gen X because of their powers, not Banshee.

Incredible Member

Banshee gathered the team as a response to the phalanx threat.

A team that Blink wasn’t on because she was dead before Banshee formed it.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    .... What about the Real Monet lol

Oooh yeah....

There's still time
    Real Monet was an original member though as she joined the team in the first issue along with Chamber

I believe it was the Phalanx who assembled Blink and the members of Gen X because of their powers, not Banshee.
    You are correct. Generation X was not a team in Phalanx Covenant. That arc served as an origin story but the team did not officially form until Generation X #1. If one counts Blink as an original member than that means that Chamber and Penance were not as they didnt come until later. That wasnt the case. I think you are absolutely right in listing Blink as an honorary member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Banshee gathered the team as a response to the phalanx threat.
    No he didnt. The team that Banshee gathered consisted of Sabretooth, Jubilee Synch and Emma. Do you also consider Sabretooth a Gen X member?
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-04-2020 at 06:19 PM.

No, the Phalanx stole the information about the Generation X kids from Xavier's database at the mansion. Banshee, Sabretooth, Emma, and Jubilee were the only 'real' mutants at the mansion when it all went down, the rest of the "X-Men" being Phalanx in disguise. Banshee saw the screen with the mutants whereabouts on them and did his best to get to them before the Phalanx could. I think he only got to Synch in time. The Phalanx captured the rest(based on Xavier's information). Saying Blink isn't a part of Gen X is like saying Thunderbird isn't an All New All Different X-Man. Just because they died early on, doesn't mean they weren't there.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    No, the Phalanx stole the information about the Generation X kids from Xavier's database at the mansion. Banshee, Sabretooth, Emma, and Jubilee were the only 'real' mutants at the mansion when it all went down, the rest of the "X-Men" being Phalanx in disguise. Banshee saw the screen with the mutants whereabouts on them and did his best to get to them before the Phalanx could. I think he only got to Synch in time. The Phalanx captured the rest(based on Xavier's information). Saying Blink isn't a part of Gen X is like saying Thunderbird isn't an All New All Different X-Man. Just because they died early on, doesn't mean they weren't there.

not quite bc Thunderbird joined the team as an X-man and he stayed around as an X-man and died as an X-man. Generation X did not exist in the Phalanx Covenant. She dying early on isnt why she isnt considered an official member. The team did not officially form until later. And the Phalanx did assembled Blink and the other kids (well M, Skin and Husk), not Banshee. Without the Phalanx abducting them, that group would not have been together

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

If one counts Blink as an original member than that means that Chamber and Penance were not as they didnt come until later. That wasnt the case. I think you are absolutely right in listing Blink as an honorary member
    Story telling doesn't all happen in one issue i.e. ish#1. It can span several issues for the writer to tell the origin of each new member.

If you look at New Mutants, Magik really didn't join until ish #14, Cypher didn't join until ish #18, Magma didn't join until ish #10. (note that issue # are just estimate) However, they are still considered original New Mutants by most people.

If you also look at the X-Men, should the first X-Man be Jean because Prof X contacted her first before the team formed or Scott?

Story telling doesn't all happen in one issue i.e. ish#1. It can span several issues for the writer to tell the origin of each new member.

If you look at New Mutants, Magik really didn't join until ish #14, Cypher didn't join until ish #18, Magma didn't join until ish #10. (note that issue # are just estimate) However, they are still considered original New Mutants by most people.

If you also look at the X-Men, should the first X-Man be Jean because Prof X contacted her first before the team formed or Scott?
    Original members are members that all join in the original story, which can take place across several issues. Generation X #1 and Phalanx Covenant were two completely different stories.

The New Mutants analogy doesnt hold up. The only original NMs are Karma, Cannonball, Sunspot, Rahne and Dani. Magik, Cypher and Magma are all among the first recruits of the core lineup, but they are not original member. People consider them apart of the original team and thats to distinguish between the multiple volumes which have now exist but no one considers them original members in the same context that is being discussed here

Jean was the first student but she wasnt the first X-man bc the team was not a thing until X-men #1. That issue serves as the introduction to the characters and their first appearance as a team. Therefore those 5 are what are considered the original X-men
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-04-2020 at 08:14 PM.

not quite bc Thunderbird joined the team as an X-man and he stayed around as an X-man and died as an X-man. Generation X did not exist in the Phalanx Covenant. She dying early on isnt why she isnt considered an official member. The team did not officially form until later. And the Phalanx did assembled Blink and the other kids (well M, Skin and Husk), not Banshee. Without the Phalanx abducting them, that group would not have been together
    Except yes they would have. Xavier would have gathered them together himself.

They were the neXt generation of young mutants. Generation X.

She's on the list. She's a member of Generation X.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Except yes they would have. Xavier would have gathered them together himself.

They were the neXt generation of young mutants. Generation X.

She's on the list. She's a member of Generation X.
    Changing the subject slightly.. this artist in these issues had Sean looking like a damn snack.. I loved the art from this era most of the time.. Many of the characters had unique faces ..

I’d like to see a Blink on Krakoa that has lived in multiple Moira lives and is ready to expose more of the truth.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Changing the subject slightly.. this artist in these issues had Sean looking like a damn snack.. I loved the art from this era most of the time.. Many of the characters had unique faces ..
    Feeling a wee bit peckish are we now....?

Real Monet was an original member though as she joined the team in the first issue along with Chamber
    How could she have been when she was stuck as a prisoner of Emplate? I don't think being dropped in the front yard of the school really counts as enrolling lol
    Last edited by BroHomo; 01-05-2020 at 02:08 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)