Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Feeling a wee bit peckish are we now....?

I feel like Gen X Sean was always hawt. I don't like when they draw him like an old man (I mean, he could be a hawt old man but they sometimes draw him like an ugly old man).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I feel like Gen X Sean was always hawt. I don't like when they draw him like an old man (I mean, he could be a hawt old man but they sometimes draw him like an ugly old man).
    I think Sean Cassidy is as old as Xavier, probably in his 50s now. Correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah, he was a hottie when he was young.

Except yes they would have. Xavier would have gathered them together himself.

They were the neXt generation of young mutants. Generation X.

She's on the list. She's a member of Generation X.
    Again, the team hadn’t even formed yet. If Thunderbird managed to find a way to die before Xavier could recruit him, then it’s clear he isn’t part of the All-New, All-Different X-Men but that isn’t what happened. I don’t get what is so hard to understand. Besides, I changed it to put her as a part of Gen X in the OP.

Except yes they would have. Xavier would have gathered them together himself.

They were the neXt generation of young mutants. Generation X.

She's on the list. She's a member of Generation X.
    But he didnt. The Phalanx did. This was only brought up bc someone said Banshee is the one that got them together, but neither he nor Xavier were the actual one

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    How could she have been when she was stuck as a prisoner of Emplate? I don't think being dropped in the front yard of the school really counts as enrolling lol
    She was no longer a prisoner of Emplate the minute she left him. Are you really gonna deny that Penance was a member of the team? That entire first arc was about her joining the school
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-05-2020 at 07:23 AM.

Mighty Member

Sean was the original x papa DILF.. I am like how you out here with a grown ass daughter looking like this..Maybe that is why it was so hard to see him look like a desiccated vampire when he was half alive .. thank god he is back to his dilfy ways..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    He and Forge were cat daddies hanging around the x mansion in the 90s... I dont know how the women and bobby were immune to them lol

I don't think Banshee is that old. Siryn was debuted as a teenager, let's say 16/17, as a Spider-Woman villain, right? I always imagined that Sean fathered her when he was still very young, maybe even a teenager himself. So let's say he was about 36 or so back in the early days, making him about mid 40's now(which I would also peg Xavier at, with his own young adult child(Legion)).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sean was Xavier's peer when he debuted. He was about mid 40s in his early experience. He was treated as the oldest of the ANAD team (before Wolverine got a backstory). He died and was brought back so like all whom undergo the resurrection process, age is relative

Xavier is a lot younger than many people think. I do agree he and Sean are contemporaries, but I think they both skew younger than most think. Xavier was only 10 years after the war in X-Men #1, so he could have been as young as 28-32 at the start. Even in Morrison's run, when he was 'dying', Jean said he was like 40 or 41.

Morrison also had Emma stated to be 27 so I think overall he was going for a younger interpretation of the X-men than what was origially the case

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Morrison also had Emma stated to be 27 so I think overall he was going for a younger interpretation of the X-men than what was origially the case
    I think Emma was the most egregious, and it could definitely be interpreted that she was lying. Scott was aged at '25' in the mid or late 90's, so that tracks, and Xavier's age also tracks if you actually read the original run and see that he wasn't that old to begin with. I think Patrick Stewart's Xavier and the subsequent comics using him more as template is what made people think of Xavier as being more grandfatherly.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Sean was Xavier's peer when he debuted. He was about mid 40s in his early experience. He was treated as the oldest of the ANAD team (before Wolverine got a backstory). He died and was brought back so like all whom undergo the resurrection process, age is relative
    If Sean was mid 40s when he debuted, that means he has aged at least 15 years now i.e. 60 years old.

So I think he would have been in his early to mid 30s when he debuted, the same as Xavier. Just a guess....

The original X-Men were teenagers around 15 years old when they debuted but they are like late 20s now so 15 years have passed.

Can someone give a more accurate answer to their ages with images as proof.
    Last edited by ericng; 01-05-2020 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    If Sean was mid 40s when he debuted, that means he has aged at least 15 years now i.e. 60 years old.

So I think he would have been in his early to mid 30s when he debuted, the same as Xavier. Just a guess....

The original X-Men were teenagers around 15 years old when they debuted but they are like late 20s now so 15 years have passed.

Can someone give a more accurate answer to their ages with images as proof.
    In Wolverine and Jubilee #1, Jubilee states she is 17. In the Original collectors preview for Generation X, she is stated to be 13 and a half. She was originally de-aged for Generation X. So that means 4 years went by. If we count it like that. Although, not explicitly stated, Strain attempted to age up the characters. This is seen with Shogo being a toddler and not a baby and Paige is working on her master’s. Then after her run ended this looks like it was again reversed, as Shogo is once again a baby. Which honestly makes sense, since Strain did not bother to age up anyone else outside the original cast and baby.

I go with Jubilee being 17. Now Jono was 18 when he joined Generation X, but in an interview for The Chamber Icons mini, he is stated to be 18. In Generation M, he is stated to be (by Sally Floyd who interviewed him “years ago”) a teen in the column she wrote about him. So if we add 4, he would be 22.

Moving on, in a recent interview about the 10 year thing in HoX, Hickman acknowledged that it didn’t make sense. But that neither did a lot of things and stating that he views Cyclops to be in his 30s, but White views him as in his 20s. (I prefer the 30s, if we’re talking about ages here.) So taking that, we can conclude that none of this makes any sense.

Last edited by Rufio; 01-06-2020 at 08:24 AM.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

The greatest problem of a sliding timeline right there. The "Worst X-Man Ever" mini touched on that in its final issue too.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

This panel was many a gay nerd's sexual awakening.