Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Similarly, I doubt that Arrow was greenlit because of his New 52 series or Flash the Vendetti run. It’s based on the the historical success of the characters. They absolutely would not have based it on comic books that had come out in the past year.
    They likely didn't for Arrow, since the New 52 was only about 4 months old when they started production. Rebirth Detective Comics had been going for over 2 years when news of a Batwoman show surfaced.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Should Kate move out of Gotham, and get her own fictional city?
    Fine with me. Just do something with the character other than outright erase her and replace her.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Bit odd to say that when she got a TV show and multiple movie appearances around the time that exact thing was happening.
    The same TV series where she's been erased and replaced after a single season? Or the animated films where she had an intro, then died the next film she had a cameo in? Lol and lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    The same TV series where she's been erased and replaced after a single season? Or the animated films where she had an intro, then died the next film she had a cameo in? Lol and lol.
    Neither of those things have anything to do with her not being popular. That's not why she was replaced, and many, many characters died in Apokolips War, including plenty who are more popular. Yuk it up all you want, but those are irrelevant details.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Yuk it up all you want,
    Whatever that means, lol. I'm just stating the facts, regardless of how popular she is or isn't, she's having a bad run in wider media, and not doing great comics-wise either. Make all the excuses you want - doesn't change what has been done with the character lately.

I'm just stating the facts, regardless of how popular she is or isn't, she's having a bad run in wider media, and not doing great comics-wise either. Make all the excuses you want - doesn't change what has been done with the character lately.
    We're not talking about the same things.

The statement was: "Batwoman's most popular era was before she really worked strongly with Batman and the family."

That's just not the case. Since Batwoman started working with the rest of the Batfamily (that is, from Rebirth onward), she's had more comic and media appearances than prior to that, and since 2018 has been at a higher level of pop culture awareness than any time since her very first announcement (and perhaps not even then).

You're talking about the quality of those appearances (which I disagree with), but that's something different.

The statement was: "Batwoman's most popular era was before she really worked strongly with Batman and the family."

That's just not the case. Since Batwoman started working with the rest of the Batfamily (that is, from Rebirth onward), she's had more comic and media appearances than prior to that, and since 2018 has been at a higher level of pop culture awareness than any time since her very first announcement (and perhaps not even then).
    Character has only been around for 14 years or so, which in comic terms isn't long at all.
    Sure, she temporarily had a higher presence when they involved her more in the Bat-Family in the comics, and temporarily gave her a TV series - but that's taken a major dip lately, since neither media format maintained the enthusiasm nor kept-up the commitment.

I'd say she was niche before the Rebirth books though. She had a temporary boost, which wasn't maintained, and now we have a mess.

Many old fans want her back to being niche and separated from the Bat-Family, newer fans want her involved in Bat-Family events - what we seem to get are half-measures. So she didn't get included in any of the family get together for Joker War, for example, but had a team-up with Batman to remind us she's still around. She gets cameos in short team-ups with other Bat-Family in their books, but seemingly gets left-out of events such as Future State.

Character has only been around for 14 years or so, which in comic terms isn't long at all.
    Sure, she temporarily had a higher presence when they involved her more in the Bat-Family in the comics, and temporarily gave her a TV series - but that's taken a major dip lately, since neither media format maintained the enthusiasm nor kept-up the commitment.
    I don't agree with that, especially not for the show since it had a pretty standard attrition rate, and even if not was still the second-highest-rated show on the CW last season. But I'm only talking raw numbers: compare the number of things Kate was in before mid-2016 and the number of different types of media, and compare those same numbers to afterward. Afterward is higher, thus more popular. That's all I'm saying.

I'd say she was niche before the Rebirth books though. She had a temporary boost, which wasn't maintained, and now we have a mess.
    I don't know what you're characterizing as a mess. Her appearances lately are scattershot, but they haven't been bad.

I don't agree with that, especially not for the show since it had a pretty standard attrition rate, and even if not was still the second-highest-rated show on the CW last season.
    Not talking about the popularity of the show, talking about the character being tossed-out. Regardless of ratings, it's not her show anymore, even if her support character are still there. Build for the character's presence in the television space is dropped, she's not on television anymore.

I don't know what you're characterizing as a mess. Her appearances lately are scattershot, but they haven't been bad.
    As in where she stands within the Bat-Family is a mess.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 11-04-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Incredible Member

They likely didn't for Arrow, since the New 52 was only about 4 months old when they started production. Rebirth Detective Comics had been going for over 2 years when news of a Batwoman show surfaced.
    Arrow actually only got greenlit because it started out as a Smallville spinoff for Justin Hartley. That didn't end up happening so they retooled it.
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Spectacular Member

She was a costumed crime-fighter like Batman, yet in many ways, not an exact counterpart. I like her too. She should not hide and please appear more in the comics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by scilover View Post
    She was a costumed crime-fighter like Batman, yet in many ways, not an exact counterpart. I like her too. She should not hide and please appear more in the comics.
    i want her to have another solo, please get Rucka back!
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

So, is Kate on the fast train to Limbo or what? Because it seems like just about every other Bat-person, plus some new characters from Joker War, are accounted for in Future Sate except her.

So, is Kate on the fast train to Limbo or what? Because it seems like just about every other Bat-person, plus some new characters from Joker War, are accounted for in Future Sate except her.
    If Future State matters at all past the spring of next year, maybe, but I doubt it. I don't buy that it's anything more than a gimmick. Besides, last I checked Duke and Harper aren't there either, and I doubt they're going anywhere.

Incredible Member

If Future State matters at all past the spring of next year, maybe, but I doubt it. I don't buy that it's anything more than a gimmick. Besides, last I checked Duke and Harper aren't there either, and I doubt they're going anywhere.
    that's good to know. I like Duke and Harper. I really hope they don't end up like Orpheus

last I checked Duke and Harper aren't there either, and I doubt they're going anywhere.
    Duke was recently confirmed to be in Future State. Harper is in the Punchline series.