Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Kate needs to console Julia.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    OOF! Even I forget about her ><

Jordan Clarke, the writer of the Crimes of Passion story, recently did an interview where he said his story could take place either relatively recently or right after the New 52 series. That just further corroborates that Kate and Renee aren't getting broken up, but that makes it a little weird on the surface to include it in such a collection.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Something I've been thinking about for a long time is that I'm not convinced that Kate actually has PTSD as commonly claimed. Not because her having it would be a bad thing or weaken her or whatever, but because claims should have evidence. So far, I don't really see much supporting the idea except for the assumption that traumatic experiences=PTSD, which is completely not true.

She's never been diagnosed with it on-panel, despite seeing a psychiatrist; Maggie mentioned it once, but that's it, and she's obviously not a professional (neither am I). And Kate flat-out doesn't fit one of the required criteria according to the DSV-5: avoidance symptoms. There are numerous instances where she has actively taken part in elements of her kidnapping. Riding in the back of cars doesn't bother her, shooting guns doesn't, eating waffles doesn't, being blindfolded doesn't, seeing gore and blood doesn't. Thinking about it doesn't. She's iffy on some of the other criteria, too.

This is coming from the viewpoint of her complete history since Elegy, but it also works out for individual eras. I'm not a mental health professional, so I could totally be wrong about this, but right now I don't see evidence for making this claim, and in fact see many things to discount it.
    Last edited by Caivu; 01-17-2020 at 11:07 PM.

By Steven J. Vasquez:

Screenshot_20200118-161613.jpg

Something I've been thinking about for a long time is that I'm not convinced that Kate actually has PTSD as commonly claimed. Not because her having it would be a bad thing or weaken her or whatever, but because claims should have evidence. So far, I don't really see much supporting the idea except for the assumption that traumatic experiences=PTSD, which is completely not true.
    It's dependant on what whoever the writer in charge is wants to do. If she gets another series (solo or team) later on and that writer wants to explore her PTSD then she clearly has it. If not then it remains speculated, but not proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    It's dependant on what whoever the writer in charge is wants to do. If she gets another series (solo or team) later on and that writer wants to explore her PTSD then she clearly has it. If not then it remains speculated, but not proven.
    I don't know how that would sqare with what's already been shown, though. This same thing might apply to the other Bats, too; it's easy to say that of course they all have PTSD, but if that's contradicted by what's depicted... well, then they don't, right? However much it might make sense?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't know how that would sqare with what's already been shown, though. This same thing might apply to the other Bats, too; it's easy to say that of course they all have PTSD, but if that's contradicted by what's depicted... well, then they don't, right? However much it might make sense?
    They can always retcon it now that we're entering a new timeline, but will they do it though

Do you think TV Kate has PTSD?

Do you think TV Kate has PTSD?
    I still don't see how she fits the avoidance criteria. If that's something that's required and she doesn't exhibit it, then she doesn't have PTSD.

I still don't see how she fits the avoidance criteria. If that's something that's required and she doesn't exhibit it, then she doesn't have PTSD.
    Well there you go - consistent with the comics again.

I don't know anything about psychology, so I'll just take your word for it until I hear otherwise.

Has Julia appeared on panel at all since her father died?

Has Julia appeared on panel at all since her father died?
    I don't think she's been anywhere since the Rebirth series ended.

I don't think she's been anywhere since the Rebirth series ended.
    Weird. I know she's not the most popular character, but she's Alfred's daughter, even if he didn't raise her. It's like having Kate become comatose with Jacob not noticing or reacting.

Concept art from DC Legends by Diego Zúñiga:

dc_legends_batwoman_by_novanim_ddovjwt-fullview.jpg