Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Imposter version also went down with a taser-batarang. Seems to have been a running joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    She wasn't insulted against her batarangs. Thought Steph having a remote control for Batwing's suit and Kate's batarangs was a stupid concept anyway IMO.

I was talking specifically about this new suit, but thanks for the panel it is funny.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    If this is going to be the standard quality of her appearances, I hope she does electrocute herself.
    A mercy-killing will be a better alternative than having her shifted into limbo to make room for Ryan. The number of people calling for Kate's erasure from comics (even though it's already happened on television) is getting louder.

If she's dead they can't crap on her as much.

[Edit] And to add, in case there's any confusion, I know you're in favor of Ryan replacing Kate - or were at least at the time of this thread still being active.

I've decided I'd still prefer her dead than tossed into limbo, but that's just me.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 12-07-2020 at 02:44 AM.

A mercy-killing will be a better alternative than having her shifted into limbo to make room for Ryan. The number of people calling for Kate's erasure from comics (even though it's already happened on television) is getting louder......
    This breaks my heart. Kate has been such a great comic book character since her introduction and a trailblazer. We shouldn't throw her away in the name of synergy. I swear, some people... *shakes head in disgust*

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    This breaks my heart. Kate has been such a great comic book character since her introduction and a trailblazer. We shouldn't throw her away in the name of synergy. I swear, some people... *shakes head in disgust*
    There's no reason to act like this is a sure thing, because it absolutely isn't. I also haven't seen that supposed "calling for Kate's erasure" anywhere, let alone it getting more pronounced.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    There's no reason to act like this is a sure thing, because it absolutely isn't. I also haven't seen that supposed "calling for Kate's erasure" anywhere, let alone it getting more pronounced.
    Well, I hope you're right. I must admit I have seen some people online call for it saying there needs to be "synergy" between the comics and TV series so causal fans aren't "confused". Of course, this is on Youtube the bastion of lots of questionable ideas and commentary.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good to see someone remembered from Steph's Batgirl run that she likes gimmick batarangs!
    Gooperangs! "You haven't lived until you've put goop on a man's face" I think that's the line
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

A mercy-killing will be a better alternative than having her shifted into limbo to make room for Ryan. The number of people calling for Kate's erasure from comics (even though it's already happened on television) is getting louder.

If she's dead they can't crap on her as much.

[Edit] And to add, in case there's any confusion, I know you're in favor of Ryan replacing Kate - or were at least at the time of this thread still being active.

I don’t recall saying I want Ryan to replace Kate. Just that I’d like to see more Ryan because I enjoyed her appearance in Batgirl. I thought her giving Babs the finger was funny.

I've decided I'd still prefer her dead than tossed into limbo, but that's just me.
    She’s been in limbo for me for the last 7 years.

She’s been in limbo for me for the last 7 years.
    Okay, what exactly don't you like that's been done in all that time? Because most of it's been pretty good, if not great. I think it's fascinating that most of her writers since then, major and minor alike, have captured her pretty well and stayed largely consistent to who she is.
    Last edited by Caivu; 12-07-2020 at 06:45 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I also haven't seen that supposed "calling for Kate's erasure" anywhere
    I have, though admittedly there is some overlap between criticism of the character and criticism of the actress, whilst simultaneously praising the new actress's acting abilities, I haven't seen her in anything so can't comment on her acting - but I see it as no reason to blast a fictional comic book character or pit the characters against each other in that regard. But yeah, there have been calls for synergy too.

I don’t recall saying I want Ryan to replace Kate.
    Seemed rather implied.

I'm hearing a lot more support from fans for Kate over Ryan.
    Even if they are going to replace Kate, I don't want her killed. Comic books deaths are overused and almost never stick, so death has lost it's impact when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I'm hearing a lot more support from fans for Kate over Ryan.
    Same; I've seen more people warming up to Ryan as more material has been released, but it's almost all show-based. Any serious calls for her to be replaced in the comics are virtually nonexistent from what I can tell.

Bluebird

Imposter version also went down with a taser-batarang. Seems to have been a running joke.

What’s the context here?

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    What’s the context here?
    Dick, Kate, and Jason are actually enemy goons disguising themselves with holographic suits.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Even if they are going to replace Kate, I don't want her killed. Comic books deaths are overused and almost never stick, so death has lost it's impact when it happens.
    She's died before, and personally I think it's preferable to character assassination - which given the past record of what DC has done with the character, I don't trust them not to do again (like that time she was repeatedly raped, brainwashed, then victim-blamed for it). I know the bury-your-gays trope means they probably wouldn't dare, and yet it would be more kind than hitting her with the villain stick (which I also don't trust them not to do).
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 12-07-2020 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Drop it.