Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I asked Rucka about it on his discord, and he says that no, he doesn't know what Kate's current status is, but his view of Kate and Renee's relationship is that it's very off and on, and when they're off, they see other people.
    I don't even disagree with him there. Like, yeah, if they're not seeing each other, then of course they can see other people.

The problem is, when he started writing Lois Lane, they were very much on, and Rucka not bothering to learn that is unprofessional and completely his fault. He's a big boy, he doesn't an editor holding his hand about this kind of stuff.

Seriously, how is that not a basic thing? If you want to write two characters you don't own hooking up (and you presumably don't want to depict one as a cheater), isn't checking that they aren't currently in a romantic relationship at the top of the to-do list? He didn't even bother saying she had broken up.

Scott Lobdell of all people was more respectful of Kate and Renee's new relationship than their quintessential writer. It's ridiculous.
    Last edited by Caivu; 07-07-2020 at 05:11 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I’m curious can both Batwomen exist at the same time ?Kathy and Kate?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    They techically did; Katrina Netz was active in the New 52 as part of Spyral. But both as Batwoman? No. That's Kate's now.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Thursday July 23, 2020 11:00am – 12:00pm
    Comic-Con@Home
    1: Programs, Books, Kids

11:00am

Batgirls!
    Watch When Available!
    YouTube: https://youtu.be/YI5efMvwXBE
    Odds are, when most people hear the name "Batgirl, " the first character to come to mind is Barbara Gordon, Commissioner Gordon's daughter. First appearing in 1967, she's been a comic mainstay, first as Batgirl and then as Oracle. But as is tradition in the Bat-family, when things happen, the cowl can been passed from hero to hero. From Stephanie Brown to Cassandra Cain to The Bat Girls, each having a wildly different take on the role of caped crusader. Join Cecil Castellucci (Batgirl -Barbara Gordon), Sarah Kuhn (Batgirl -Cassandra Cain), Bryan Q. Miller (Batgirl -Stephanie Brown), Nancy Kiu (Batwoman -Kate Kane), Marieke Nijkamp (Oracle -Barbara Gordon) and Dr. Andrea Letamendi (The Arkham Sessions) who have brought these different iconic versions of Batgirl to life in a celebration of what makes them different and what makes them Batgirl.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/thur...nhome-is-here/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Sure Kathy (maybe call her Kate Sr. lol) can have a role in Batwoman maybe shes Kate's Alfred

Unless they turn into Earth 1 and Earth 2 Batwoman type of thing, same hero name and similar name but different universe and different lifestyles

So is Kate set to appear anywhere in the near future? Or she she currently in comics limbo? Last thing I saw her in was Batgirl for a quick team-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    So is Kate set to appear anywhere in the near future? Or she she currently in comics limbo? Last thing I saw her in was Batgirl for a quick team-up.
    'Tec #1025 next month, and probably at the end of Joker War.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    'Tec #1025 next month, and probably at the end of Joker War.
    Oh, is is that all? A bit disappointing. I guess this means she's basically benched for the foreseeable future.

Extraordinary Member

Artgerm's variant for the upcoming Detective Comics 1027 anniversary issue:

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Ooh, reflective mask. I don't think I've seen it colored that way before

Oooh , very nice, pity about the boots looking wrong though.

very nice
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I don't even disagree with him there. Like, yeah, if they're not seeing each other, then of course they can see other people.

The problem is, when he started writing Lois Lane, they were very much on, and Rucka not bothering to learn that is unprofessional and completely his fault. He's a big boy, he doesn't an editor holding his hand about this kind of stuff.

Seriously, how is that not a basic thing? If you want to write two characters you don't own hooking up (and you presumably don't want to depict one as a cheater), isn't checking that they aren't currently in a romantic relationship at the top of the to-do list? He didn't even bother saying she had broken up.

Scott Lobdell of all people was more respectful of Kate and Renee's new relationship than their quintessential writer. It's ridiculous.
    Curious about this. I'm pretty up on my Batwoman appearances ... I recall specifically when she and Renee hooked back up at the end of Batwoman V.2 after all the shenanigans with The Knife and Safiyah and Bruce being a judgy cousin and Detective and vindictive people messing with Beth and what-not. I believe they made a fool of the Clock King, which was apropos for turning the clock back on their relationship picking back up.

I recall at least one story where they were hanging out when Montoya turned up somewhere to help with something. Somebody was driving a convertible. Was that in Red Hood? I literally can't remember anything other than Renee or Kate dipping out and catching a ride from the other. And I'm not sure there's been anything more than a cameo from Batwoman since. But I can definitely remember that appearance was quite a while ago, real-time. Quite a while even before Lois Lane began. Which is to say that ... some time has passed.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Curious about this. I'm pretty up on my Batwoman appearances ... I recall specifically when she and Renee hooked back up at the end of Batwoman V.2 after all the shenanigans with The Knife and Safiyah and Bruce being a judgy cousin and Detective and vindictive people messing with Beth and what-not. I believe they made a fool of the Clock King, which was apropos for turning the clock back on their relationship picking back up.

I recall at least one story where they were hanging out when Montoya turned up somewhere to help with something. Somebody was driving a convertible. Was that in Red Hood? I literally can't remember anything other than Renee or Kate dipping out and catching a ride from the other. And I'm not sure there's been anything more than a cameo from Batwoman since. But I can definitely remember that appearance was quite a while ago, real-time. Quite a while even before Lois Lane began. Which is to say that ... some time has passed.
    Kate has been in quite a few things since then, and she and Renee were in Black Mask: Year of the Villain #1, where they were specifically stated to be doing well together. Nothing else in the main universe indicated otherwise until Lois Lane.

Rucka clarified this matter within maybe a day or so on his Discord:

IMG_20200709_082934.jpg

Now, I completely disagree with the notion that the two of them are currently broken up in the traditional sense, because that 1. has pretty much zero canon backing, 2. it's neglectful of the growth both characters have had in the time since they were last together, and 3. it's dismissive and kind of ignorant of Renee specifically; it was her idea for she and Kate to try things again. So that doesn't really sit square.

But it could work if we interpret this as Kate and Renee being in an open relationship; physically promiscuous but emotionally monogamous. That's admittedly only a little less shakey, but does fit with what we see better. It would have been nice if Rucka had said so clearly in the actual comic one way or the other though, but I can sit with this explanation.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Batwoman is in the preview of Detective 1025: https://www.gamesradar.com/joker-war...1024-and-1025/

It's not lettered, but it's good to see her and drawn well by Kenneth Rocafort