Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Is this the first time that Kate has been in the Batcave? I cannot remember any other time that she has been shown being there.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Is this the first time that Kate has been in the Batcave? I cannot remember any other time that she has been shown being there.
    She was there for one panel during King's run (the "You are my strength" panel, or whatever the exact quote was). Her potential bad future self also went there to try to get Bruce to escape the Colony.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Any idea where we can expect her to show-up next after this Batman/Superman arc is done? Maybe some more Tec?
    It's not after this arc, but Batman #100.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

The omnibus has been pushed back yet again. Now, it’s October 12, 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    She was there for one panel during King's run (the "You are my strength" panel, or whatever the exact quote was). Her potential bad future self also went there to try to get Bruce to escape the Colony.
    This panel, don't have a color version though, but she's on the left.

DavidFinsh_BatfamilyBatman#16.jpg

So, those Future State books: think Kate will show-up at all? Get a mention? Or be entirely ignored?

One things for certain - I'd prefer her to be ignored rather than a villain who gets killed like happened in 'Future's End' again.
    Even though she was brainwashed in that storyline, it was still character assassination, and seemingly as an attempt to elevate Beth Kane to anti-hero status IMO.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So, those Future State books: think Kate will show-up at all? Get a mention? Or be entirely ignored?

One things for certain - I'd prefer her to be ignored rather than a villain who gets killed like happened in 'Future's End' again.
    Even though she was brainwashed in that storyline, it was still character assassination, and seemingly as an attempt to elevate Beth Kane to anti-hero status IMO.
    Was that what happened to her? Weird, I don't remember seeing Tumblr angry about that... but then again, they usually avoid this kinda story. They're angry enough because of the Nocturna incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Was that what happened to her? Weird, I don't remember seeing Tumblr angry about that... but then again, they usually avoid this kinda story. They're angry enough because of the Nocturna incident.
    Yeah, it was atrocious, and also inconsistent with the Nocturna storyline which it was linked to - since Kate was a vampire in Future's End.

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/5033249.html

Kate is in Gotham Nights #19. Not sure if the story is a reprint of anything, but it's called "Half-Life", written and illustrated by Gabriel Hardman.

Edit: Interesting. It seems to take place sometime during the latter part of Rebirth 'Tec, as the Sequoia still exists. Pretty good otherwise.
    Last edited by Caivu; 10-21-2020 at 08:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yeah, it was atrocious, and also inconsistent with the Nocturna storyline which it was linked to - since Kate was a vampire in Future's End.

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/5033249.html
    Now I remember. I remember the lenticular cover, one is normal Kate one is vampire but I don't know anymore than that

Is Kate about to lose her cowl in the comics too? Her Arrowverse replacement Ryan Wilder makes her comics debut in Batgirl #50.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is Kate about to lose her cowl in the comics too? Her Arrowverse replacement Ryan Wilder makes her comics debut in Batgirl #50.
    I sure hope not, but I'm pretty worried. Fortunately, there's nothing to indicate that yet. I'm not sure how faithful to the shows other such characters have been (Diggle is one, IIRC), but I suppose Ryan could be different than she is in the show. She could potentially be a one-off, if she's debuting in the last issue of a series.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I guess they don't have a Batwoman book, but it feels weird to throw her in out of nowhere in the last issue of Batgirl.

Speculation on my part, but higher-ups might have decided Kate has had enough 'chances', so they're ready to toss her out and try someone else. It might mean it could be a long gap before we see her again.

Or it could be that they are just determined to make a new character happen, and Kate is in the cross-fire so to speak (has the mantle they want to use, like the Tim and Damian situation).

Jason, Cass, Steph, and Harper all eventually returned though, albeit with mixed results (depending on which one we're talking about). Poor Bette seems forever discarded though, but at least she gets cameos on rare occasion.

If they're going to discard Kate though, IMHO better that they do just kill her, (preferably in an epic style) rather than have her moping about in limbo with a rare cameo.

Some people on TV Tropes (namely slimcoder and smokeycut) have given me a bit of ease about this, and they're more familiar with this sort of thing than I am. Don't know if this will still be the case, but it's worth considering.

slimcoder:
    Previously Green Arrow after I think the acclaimed Jeff Lemire run was then written by his shows writers, like Guggenheim. They proceeded to make the comic more like the show & introducing elements like Felicity.

It was a bust. People didn’t like it, they were removed off the comic, & everything was reverted back to normal with the only remaining major influence from the show being Diggle’s existence.
    smokeycut:
    Yeah, DC does synergy differently from Marvel. DC might introduce a character (the female Firefly from Gotham is in the comics now, for example), or launch a team book with a tv show or movie inspired lineup (Birds of Prey), but everyone still acts like their comics self, and they don’t really modify the stories to match.
    So basically, I'll get mad if and when it happens, not before, however dire it might look right now. Additionally, another poster called TargetmasterJoe reminded everyone that Castellucci has been on record since July as stating that the end of her run was building to things that are no longer happening.
    Last edited by Caivu; 10-22-2020 at 05:51 PM.