Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Speculation on my part, but higher-ups might have decided Kate has had enough 'chances', so they're ready to toss her out and try someone else. It might mean it could be a long gap before we see her again.

Or it could be that they are just determined to make a new character happen, and Kate is in the cross-fire so to speak (has the mantle they want to use, like the Tim and Damian situation).

Jason, Cass, Steph, and Harper all eventually returned though, albeit with mixed results (depending on which one we're talking about). Poor Bette seems forever discarded though, but at least she gets cameos on rare occasion.

If they're going to discard Kate though, IMHO better that they do just kill her, (preferably in an epic style) rather than have her moping about in limbo with a rare cameo.
    The last time Bette appeared was in the out of continuity Green Lantern: Blackstars by Grant Morrison. It was one panel batgirlsglblackstars.jpg
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    So basically, I'll get mad if and when it happens, not before, however dire it might look right now.
    I'm onto the acceptance stage. As far as I'm concerned Kate is doomed. Then, if she isn't I can be as excited as a Cass or Steph fan when they returned from limbo.

Now I'll get back to where I was on my debut of reading Captain Marvel series (as far as I can tell this is a pretty safe character to get invested in).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I'm onto the acceptance stage. As far as I'm concerned Kate is doomed. Then, if she isn't I can be as excited as a Cass or Steph fan when they returned from limbo.

Now I'll get back to where I was on my debut of reading Captain Marvel series (as far as I can tell this is a pretty safe character to get invested in).
    Be happy your favorite character isn't Bette Kane. My hopes are permanently at -61 (yes that is a reference)

I don't want to lose Kate

Also I like Carol
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    So basically, I'll get mad if and when it happens, not before, however dire it might look right now. Additionally, another poster called TargetmasterJoe reminded everyone that Castellucci has been on record since July as stating that the end of her run was building to things that are no longer happening.
    That's almost certainly referring to the end of issue 49, when she said she was giving up being Batgirl. Remember, Future State is 5G retooled - the original plans were for Orphan and Spoiler as a Batgirls team. There's no Batwoman in Future State at all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I've never seen this. It's awesome, but to me it's wrong. I know a 'future'. But Kate 's Nocturna stuff was false and wrong to me, too.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I'm grateful to know this. So it was after her last appearance as a cadet/west point in Detective a couple of years ago?
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Well, when that happens I will again (first time, mid '80s) leave my reading of DC.

I only came back to read DC when I discovered first Kate and then Bette.

Elegy remains my favorite Batwoman story, but her initial run in the new 52 is very very close.
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    Be happy your favorite character isn't Bette Kane. My hopes are permanently at -61 (yes that is a reference)

I don't want to lose Kate

Also I like Carol
    Kate and Bette are probably my favorite 2 characters at DC.

But I also like
    Saturn Girl **. Sensor Girl (before we found out; that mystery was one of the coolest stories ever to me) ** Super Girl

Lana Lang and Vicky Vale

Get the pattern: I seem to be strongly attracted to female blonde and red haired characters, probably in that order.

Black Canary, Harbinger, all are intriguing to me, for some reason.

Make no mistake, I'm also drawn to original Huntress (earth 2) Wonder Woman Cat Woman, Zatanna.

I've digressed a lot. I will stop reading DC if they drop or kill Kate, unless Bette survives and really gets her due. That is it.
    ~ Oberon ~

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I've never seen this. It's awesome, but to me it's wrong. I know a 'future'. But Kate 's Nocturna stuff was false and wrong to me, too.
    Nobody likes the Nocturna rape storyline

Incredible Member

I'm grateful to know this. So it was after her last appearance as a cadet/west point in Detective a couple of years ago?
    West Point thing happened in 2017 wish. GL Blackstars was in January. And it was by Grant Morrison who brought back kathy Kane

Incredible Member

Kate and Bette are probably my favorite 2 characters at DC.

But I also like
    Saturn Girl **. Sensor Girl (before we found out; that mystery was one of the coolest stories ever to me) ** Super Girl

Lana Lang and Vicky Vale

Get the pattern: I seem to be strongly attracted to female blonde and red haired characters, probably in that order.

Black Canary, Harbinger, all are intriguing to me, for some reason.

Make no mistake, I'm also drawn to original Huntress (earth 2) Wonder Woman Cat Woman, Zatanna.

I've digressed a lot. I will stop reading DC if they drop or kill Kate, unless Bette survives and really gets her due. That is it.
    I think that Lana and Kate would be a cool team up. Also i think Bette and Vicki would get along really well

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Thanks! Grateful her appearances anywhere.
    ~ Oberon ~

Thanks! Grateful her appearances anywhere.
    She was also in Gotham Nights #19, in case you missed it.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I wish she would show up more in the comics. I actually like Batwoman