Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Late, but it's still Halloween somewhere:

6a20649a-a150-48db-aef1-5ef5d37e955c.jpg

(Batwoman #11)

And:

https://lavenderladystardust.tumblr....46245982535680
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Incredible Member

end of halloween

Kate dressed as Batman, Bette went as Wonder Woman
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Should Kate move out of Gotham, and get her own fictional city?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I'm typically in favor of heroes doing so when in the "territory" of other heroes. Just because the fans will always first associate the city with the "primary" hero. And Batman has the long-standing relationship with the commissioner and so forth. And what happens to Gotham (in comics, not other media) is likely to be driven by his storylines. For some reason, TPTB like it getting taken over/out from under ordinary government control every so often. I also think working with Batman (more common when in his city) these days leads to taking orders from Batman, and that's bad for any hero that TPTB want perceived as independent or a peer of Batman's. And Kate doesn't usually have a childhood connection there.

On the other hand, she has been in Gotham since creation, she's had a couple girlfriends associated with Gotham PD, and I can understand if fans don't want to abandon all that. Especially for those who want her more tightly bound to Batman or the Batfam in general. I mean, I think it's been a long-term detriment to some other characters, but it's hard to know if they would have just faded into nothingness otherwise anyway, because they weren't big when moved (back) and Batman sells. Being in his book or doing crossovers does gain a character visibility.

No. There's zero reason for her to move: Her home and HQ are in Gotham, her girlfriend lives there, the rest of her family lives there.... why would she leave permanently? That sounds like an artificial story beat, not something she would actually do.

I'm also uneasy with her having her own city, since that's veering more into typical comic book territory than I like for her. She's tended to skew away from that kinda stuff more than a lot of characters.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

It wouldn’t have to be far. Gotham is supposed to be 20 miles from Jersey Shore, so they could create a city based on an analogue of that.

It wouldn’t have to be far. Gotham is supposed to be 20 miles from Jersey Shore, so they could create a city based on an analogue of that.
    That would be even more pointless; why move at all if it's not going to be a substantial distance? And this still doesn't answer the "why" of doing any sort of move in the first place.

What's the rationale here?

To give her a chance to actually shine. It’s hard being a bat-related character in Gotham, without being overshadowed by Batman. Especially when she’s not used all that often in the main books, at least not since Tynion’s Tec run. If she stays in Gotham, maybe make her the field leader of the Birds of Prey. I just want more exposure on Kate.

To give her a chance to actually shine. It’s hard being a bat-related character in Gotham, without being overshadowed by Batman. Especially when she’s not used all that often in the main books, at least not since Tynion’s Tec run. If she stays in Gotham, maybe make her the field leader of the Birds of Prey. I just want more exposure on Kate.
    I'm against that. I don't want the BoP a Bat-team or even a Bat-heavy team, and it's Barbara's already. I also don't think BoP needs a field leader.

I don't want anything done, to any character, solely for the purpose of "making them shine." I don't care if Kate is overshadowed by Batman; she's always going to be. If she gets more exposure, I want it to be for actual reasons that make sense to her as a character and/or are the result of sensible story decisions, not because anyone decided to spotlight her just for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm against that. I don't want the BoP a Bat-team or even a Bat-heavy team, and it's Barbara's already. I also don't think BoP needs a field leader.
    This. Putting Kate on the BoP feels too much like doing so just because she's a woman.

Let's face it; Batwoman's most popular era was before she really worked strongly with Batman and the family.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Let's face it; Batwoman's most popular era was before she really worked strongly with Batman and the family.
    Bit odd to say that when she got a TV show and multiple movie appearances around the time that exact thing was happening. Not to mention that she was in more issues of 'Tec alone than her entire New 52 series during that period.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Bit odd to say that when she got a TV show and multiple movie appearances around the time that exact thing was happening. Not to mention that she was in more issues of 'Tec alone than her entire New 52 series during that period.
    With how long it takes to get things green-lit in Hollywood, it’s almost certain that the show was not approved because of Kate’s time during Rebirth. It was most definitely following the successes of her comics before then. And of course the setting of the show prevents her from working closely with Batman.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    With how long it takes to get things green-lit in Hollywood, it’s almost certain that the show was not approved because of Kate’s time during Rebirth. It was most definitely following the successes of her comics before then.
    There's no evidence that a show was being discussed whatsoever until July 2018, well after Rebirth began.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    There's no evidence that a show was being discussed whatsoever until July 2018, well after Rebirth began.
    Similarly, I doubt that Arrow was greenlit because of his New 52 series or Flash the Vendetti run. It’s based on the the historical success of the characters. They absolutely would not have based it on comic books that had come out in the past year.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)