Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    What?! Why?! What purpose does that serve.
    It's the last film in that series, so they took the "torch everything and spoilers:
    do a new Flashpoint
    end of spoilers approach. She at least got off relatively easy, as did Luke, apparently; spoilers:
    Barbara straight-up got ripped apart.
    end of spoilers
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    spoilers:
    Barbara straight-up got ripped apart.
    end of spoilers
    Yuck, not watching. >_<

As I said, I haven't been following these films anyway, so no point starting with the last.
    I'll stick with the CW series, for how much of that is left, then finally get around to reading the rest of Bombshells (not my preferred version of Kate Kane, but she'll have to do).

New Batwoman Fan Art:

Source: https://twitter.com/BatwomanBR/statu...01336830873601
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 05-05-2020 at 08:15 PM.

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Something announced back in January:

spin-4in-Batwoman-pkg.jpg
    spin-4in-Batwoman.jpg

Season finale next week!

Hype hype hype!

My fav comic-book character has an entire full TV season (plus another 7 eps if we're counting all the appearances in Elseworlds and COIEs).

DC1025.jpg

DETECTIVE COMICS #1025
    written by PETER J. TOMASI
    art and cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
    card stock variant cover by LEE BERMEJO
    “The Joker War” explodes with an assault on Wayne Enterprises! The Joker has taken control of Waynetech R&D—and with it, all the weapons hidden in its sublevels—plus Lucius Fox as a hostage! The Joker and his clown-masked henchmen are now using Wayne Enterprises as an armory, using sophisticated 3-D printers to produce weapons to rule Gotham City...but Batman and Batwoman might have something to say about that. It’s all-out action in this nonstop issue!
    ON SALE 08.11.20

Ooh, looks like fun.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I can't believe it. She was perfect for the role. I'm sure they'll pick someone great and I'm sure Rose had a good reason to leave. Maybe it had to do with the injury she got early in the season. Sad loss, but I'm sure I'll love the show without her too.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    I don’t get this at all. Why would she leave? And why would the CW not making her sign a contract guaranteeing at least 4-5 years of service if the show is successful? This sounds like neither side was happy and they both decided it was best to part ways.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Explaining a new face would be awkward. It's not like she can regenerate like Doctor Who (which also had it's lead actor leave after the first season of the revival in 2005). Maybe they should retool and rename the show, make it about a different Gotham hero.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Explaining a new face would be awkward. It's not like she can regenerate like Doctor Who (which also had it's lead actor leave after the first season of the revival in 2005). Maybe they should retool and rename the show, make it about a different Gotham hero.
    a little grisley but they do have Alice chopping up new faces for mouse and Tommy. Could probably open the next season with her giving her sister a new face as revenge or something. Anyway, I liked Ruby in the role. If this is a result of her injury, I can't blame her.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I don’t get this at all. Why would she leave? And why would the CW not making her sign a contract guaranteeing at least 4-5 years of service if the show is successful? This sounds like neither side was happy and they both decided it was best to part ways.
    It could be that they did, and she paid out thr contract. Or maybe the contract had a clause about injury and safety. Who knows.

But maybe they won't explain it at all. Maybe a joke here or there, but shows have done recasts before without saying anything. Fresh Prince comes to mind, or even Katana in the Arrowverse.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!