Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I would love that. While reading New52, I vehemently held on to the hope that Lois and Clark would find their together. They had elements of it scattered throughout, why they didn't just build towards that instead of Rebirthing them, i will never not wonder. I love the Rebirth L&C and Jon, i don't want that to go away but i feel we could benefit with having the younger versions existing in a separate book (alongside the main books), like a sort of prequel even though the stories would be self contained.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I would love that. While reading New52, I vehemently held on to the hope that Lois and Clark would find their together. They had elements of it scattered throughout, why they didn't just build towards that instead of Rebirthing them, i will never not wonder. I love the Rebirth L&C and Jon, i don't want that to go away but i feel we could benefit with having the younger versions existing in a separate book (alongside the main books), like a sort of prequel even though the stories would be self contained.
    Personally, I like the interpretation of the New 52 Superman in Rebirth story. Since Clark’s move to Metropolis and relationship with Lois. Later, the wedding and birth of Jon. I would like DC to show this period in the life of the New 52 Superman. Given the success of DOS and ROTS, I hope DC will show New 52 Superman and Lois in the comics.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Personally, I like the interpretation of the New 52 Superman in Rebirth story. Since Clark’s move to Metropolis and relationship with Lois. Later, the wedding and birth of Jon. I would like DC to show this period in the life of the New 52 Superman. Given the success of DOS and ROTS, I hope DC will show New 52 Superman and Lois in the comics.
    I feel like they'd follow the DoS movie model where it happened off panel and we'd just cut to that chase rather than build to it. DC editorial doesn't seem particularly invested in relationships or supporting casts that aren't superheroes. It's come out that most scenarios (Lois and Clark returning, baby Jon, Arthur and Mera, Bruce and Selina) are because their creative teams are fighting tooth and nail to reestablish those and editorial fights them along the way.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't care. If clark starts dating lois or what not. I would prefer new52 superman keeps goldenage mixed with silverage attitude, powers and tone. I don't want new52 superman turned into postcrisis guy. There is one already two is an overkill.let the guy stay man of action and the man of tomorrow. No need to make him just the man of steel. If the objective is turning the character into postcrisis guy like in the animated movies then sorry i rather not. Morrison's action is the best modern origin on par with birthright for me, even beat it. I want new52 superman to keep the swag. I don't want him playing it safe. If it pisses of people so be it. Same applies for lois.

Astonishing Member

I think that characterisation will likely remain regardless of what his lovelife looks like.

Astonishing Member

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...rought-chills/

I hope they cast young, teen Jon is already difficult for many to swallow in the comics, we can't go from baby Jon to teen in much less time.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I feel like they'd follow the DoS movie model where it happened off panel and we'd just cut to that chase rather than build to it. DC editorial doesn't seem particularly invested in relationships or supporting casts that aren't superheroes. It's come out that most scenarios (Lois and Clark returning, baby Jon, Arthur and Mera, Bruce and Selina) are because their creative teams are fighting tooth and nail to reestablish those and editorial fights them along the way.
    Jim Lee and Didio like characters who are single and depressed. But the result that Superman 2016 7 received clearly indicates that people like happy and family characters. All reviews were positive from critics and users. But I think that Earth 52 New 52 Superman will be with Lois after starting work on the Daily Planet. But the DOS version is also better than the story that the old version of New 52 Superman on Prime Earth had.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...rought-chills/

I hope they cast young, teen Jon is already difficult for many to swallow in the comics, we can't go from baby Jon to teen in much less time.
    Perhaps Jon will be ten years old in the TV show. I hope, that the assumption, that John will have brothers will turn out to be true.

Astonishing Member

Perhaps Jon will be ten years old in the TV show. I hope, that the assumption, that John will have brothers will turn out to be true.
    Brothers? This is the first I hear for this. Are they of the Chris and Conner variety? Is it too much to hope that they are?

Astonishing Member

Jim Lee and Didio like characters who are single and depressed. But the result that Superman 2016 7 received clearly indicates that people like happy and family characters. All reviews were positive from critics and users. But I think that Earth 52 New 52 Superman will be with Lois after starting work on the Daily Planet. But the DOS version is also better than the story that the old version of New 52 Superman on Prime Earth had.
    It's clearly an outdated outlook.

Earth52 doesn't need to be a carbon copy of Rebirth, they just need to work in the best elements that came with Morrison's take and more familiar elements of the mythos like Lois, Jimmy and the DP. He's young so he doesn't have to be in the same place as the main line Superman, he just needs proper development even if his stories don't ever catch up to the main Rebirth/Reborn Supes. I want a sort of thread line that follows through from the one to the other but without actually getting there, a young and old, quite different due to experience but ultimately still the same guy.

Brothers? This is the first I hear for this. Are they of the Chris and Conner variety? Is it too much to hope that they are?

Perhaps Jason will be a member of the Clark and Lois family on the TV show.

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...in-new-tv-show
    Last edited by _Beautiful_Temptress_; 01-09-2020 at 06:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Perhaps Jason will be a member of the Clark and Lois family on the TV show.

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...in-new-tv-show
    For a second there I was like Jason Todd, then I sheepishly remembered SR and now CW's COIE, lol. They would be brothers, sort of. That can only happen if SR/KC's Superman doesn't survive.

It's clearly an outdated outlook.

Earth52 doesn't need to be a carbon copy of Rebirth, they just need to work in the best elements that came with Morrison's take and more familiar elements of the mythos like Lois, Jimmy and the DP. He's young so he doesn't have to be in the same place as the main line Superman, he just needs proper development even if his stories don't ever catch up to the main Rebirth/Reborn Supes. I want a sort of thread line that follows through from the one to the other but without actually getting there, a young and old, quite different due to experience but ultimately still the same guy.

Not necessary. But for Earth 52, the New 52 Superman was not shown so bad as the New 52 Superman was shown on Prime Earth. He was better shown in DOS. relationship with Lois, friendship with Jimmy, work in the Daily Planet.