Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Jim Lee and Didio like characters who are single and depressed. But the result that Superman 2016 7 received clearly indicates that people like happy and family characters. All reviews were positive from critics and users. But I think that Earth 52 New 52 Superman will be with Lois after starting work on the Daily Planet. But the DOS version is also better than the story that the old version of New 52 Superman on Prime Earth had.
    New52 superverse is about enduring through tough times with a smile on your face. It's about being a helping hand. Sometimes breaking the societal norms and rules for the sake of oppressed, when structures become shackle. It's about being creative and thinking outside the box. It's something the byrne superman could never be for me. That isn't depression.if you feel that's depression. Then i don't know what to tell you.I will let allmight take it from here.

Rebirth superman is recieved well. But, that doesn’t reduce morrison's action comics run or new52 superverse. Just like being married isn't much of a deterrent to a good story. Being single is'nt bad either.

Not necessary. But for Earth 52, the New 52 Superman was not shown so bad as the New 52 Superman was shown on Prime Earth. He was better shown in DOS. relationship with Lois, friendship with Jimmy, work in the Daily Planet.
    No, that was essentially postcrisis superman in dos. There wasn't much new52 superman in him. The status quo was nothing like new52 superman. Better is subjective. New52 superman was an orphan alien immigrant.Dos didn't have any of that. Lois needs to be the kindred spirit , no nonsense reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    New52 superverse is about enduring through tough times with a smile on your face. It's about being a helping hand. Sometimes breaking the societal norms and rules for the sake of oppressed, when structures become shackle. It's about being creative and thinking outside the box. It's something the byrne superman could never be for me. That isn't depression.if you feel that's depression. Then i don't know what to tell you.I will let allmight take it from here.

Rebirth superman is recieved well. But, that doesn’t reduce morrison's action comics run or new52 superverse. Just like being married isn't much of a deterrent to a good story. Being single is'nt bad either.
    In the beginning possible. But towards the middle and at the end it became darker and depressing. And many wrote about this. People called Clark, emo Superman and a copy of Batman with only superpowers because of his pessimism. On Facebook and Twitter, he was often called that. Mostly people only praise the work of Morrison and sometimes Snyder. And so New 52 is perceived as not the best time for Superman.

Hope Clark's vision and Zod's vision become true. Lois will become Superwoman and will become pregnant again. I would like to see Lois in the role of Superwoman.

I hope, that DC will announce an animated series about Superfamilly from Young Justice.

BANNED

I don't care. If clark starts dating lois or what not. I would prefer new52 superman keeps goldenage mixed with silverage attitude, powers and tone. I don't want new52 superman turned into postcrisis guy. There is one already two is an overkill.let the guy stay man of action and the man of tomorrow. No need to make him just the man of steel. If the objective is turning the character into postcrisis guy like in the animated movies then sorry i rather not. Morrison's action is the best modern origin on par with birthright for me, even beat it. I want new52 superman to keep the swag. I don't want him playing it safe. If it pisses of people so be it. Same applies for lois.

This is a Superman and Lois Lane APPRECIATION thread. A post about how you don’t care if Lois and Clark are together and you don’t care who that upsets does not belong in this thread.

This is a thread for those of us who actually love them together. That’s clearly not you. So why are you posting here?

BANNED

No, that was essentially postcrisis superman in dos. There wasn't much new52 superman in him. The status quo was nothing like new52 superman. Better is subjective. New52 superman was an orphan alien immigrant.Dos didn't have any of that. Lois needs to be the kindred spirit , no nonsense reporter.
    Your rants do not belong on this thread. Stop it.

In the beginning possible. But towards the middle and at the end it became darker and depressing. And many wrote about this. People called Clark, emo Superman and a copy of Batman with only superpowers because of his pessimism. On Facebook and Twitter, he was often called that. Mostly people only praise the work of Morrison and sometimes Snyder. And so New 52 is perceived as not the best time for Superman.
    That's because lack of cohesive vision and nobody taking morrison's que. the marketing and the first impression from new52 justice league was like that. Writers generally treated new52 superman like what geoff johns treated him like. You know edgy, kwel.. Etc. And let's be honest, johns doesn't get new52 superman. He didn't build him. Geoff johns just wrote the new52 justice league, that's it. Pak, snyder, Morrision.. Etc wrote some great books of the era.Tomasi,jurgen..etc aren't even comfortable with something precrisis loner in characterisation. But, clark having trust, anger, rejection issues is quiet natural. He should deal with these thing. If lois can have abandonment issues. Clark should go through this stuff. Now, i am not saying its necessary. But, both precrisis supermen went through this stuff. Both goldenage clark and silverage kalel. It's part of characters history. There is a reason kalel dreams of krypton in "for the man who has everything". Its a story that work better with that guy.But, i acknowledge that his solitude is his own making. But, that's the tragedy.

And let's be honest, many are not familiar with any other superman other than postcrisis guy. There were guys in this very forum calling the goldenage vigilante, not superman. But, that is further from the truth. There can be no superman without the goldenage guy. Every other superman is a deviation of that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Your rants do not belong on this thread. Stop it.
    Sir/mam/other, i haven't ranted. I just pointed out that dos animated movie didn't have new52 superman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    This is a Superman and Lois Lane APPRECIATION thread. A post about how you don’t care if Lois and Clark are together and you don’t care who that upsets does not belong in this thread.

This is a thread for those of us who actually love them together. That’s clearly not you. So why are you posting here?
    It's a clark kent and lois lane related post. I don't know, if there is a rule that says that i have to appreciate clark and lois in relationship always. They can be partners, friends and interviewer - interviewee... Etc. The above post is connected to that. But,fine i will refrain. Sorry, for the inconvenience everyone. I thought i was just adding to the discussion. If i have derailed the discussion, my apologies. I have a tendency to be stubborn and thick headed.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-09-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

That's because lack of cohesive vision and nobody taking morrison's que. the marketing and the first impression from new52 justice league was like that. Writers generally treated new52 superman like what geoff johns treated him like. You know edgy, kwel.. Etc. And let's be honest, johns doesn't get new52 superman. He didn't build him. Geoff johns just wrote the new52 justice league, that's it. Pak, snyder, Morrision.. Etc wrote some great books of the era.Tomasi,jurgen..etc aren't even comfortable with something precrisis loner in characterisation. But, clark having trust, anger, rejection issues is quiet natural. He should deal with these thing. If lois can have abandonment issues. Clark should go through this stuff. Now, i am not saying its necessary. But, both precrisis supermen went through this stuff. Both goldenage clark and silverage kalel. It's part of characters history. There is a reason kalel dreams of krypton in "for the man who has everything". Its a story that work better with that guy.But, i acknowledge that his solitude is his own making. But, that's the tragedy.

And let's be honest, many are not familiar with any other superman other than postcrisis guy. There were guys in this very forum calling the goldenage vigilante, not superman. But, that is further from the truth. There can be no superman without the goldenage guy. Every other superman is a deviation of that guy.
    I do think there's room to incorporate some of that. There shouldn't be a firm line drown in the sand that separates Pre and Post making them essentially two different people. I for one don't view Superman as a guy who had his life together from day 1, that story doesn't really work for me. He has to evolve from a guy who's had issues; be it loneliness, mistrust, aggression, whatever. Lois has also evolved. I like to think they grow together and make one another better versions of themselves, not fully divorced from who they were in their youths/young adults, just better informed as they push forward in new directions their stories take them. I think that's the value of Earth52 can bring to the mythos, a sort of bridge between Pre and Post Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I do think there's room to incorporate some of that. There shouldn't be a firm line drown in the sand that separates Pre and Post making them essentially two different people. I for one don't view Superman as a guy who had his life together from day 1, that story doesn't really work for me. He has to evolve from a guy who's had issues; be it loneliness, mistrust, aggression, whatever. Lois has also evolved. I like to think they grow together and make one another better versions of themselves, not fully divorced from who they were in their youths/young adults, just better informed as they push forward in new directions their stories take them. I think that's the value of Earth52 can bring to the mythos, a sort of bridge between Pre and Post Superman.
    Earth52 is more of a bridge between goldenage earth and silverage earth. Our current main earth might be that.
    I think postcrisis versions of clois can have different struggles apt for their characterisation. I prefer the divisions, because it helps with characterisation without watering things down. But, must admit the current solution with doomsday clock is right up my alley. Otherwise, it muddies things up when doing character driven stuff.Clarity in characterisation is very important for me. Take postcrisis lois you can get her enitire character from her profile, armybrat journalist. It's clear. It intiates the mind for possibilities.
    You see, things like making postcrisis humble farmer super intelligent just doesn't work for me. The legion as well.a pure postcrisis superman doesn't need legion. He was just a simple farmer's son. he doesn't have superintelligence or superpowers as a kid. He didn't have memories of his home world. Silverage kal el needed the legion as the outsider.postcrisis superman is the everyman.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-10-2020 at 01:24 AM.

Sir/mam/other, i haven't ranted. I just pointed out that dos animated movie didn't have new52 superman.

It's a clark kent and lois lane related post. I don't know, if there is a rule that says that i have to appreciate clark and lois in relationship always. They can be partners, friends and interviewer - interviewee... Etc. The above post is connected to that. But,fine i will refrain. Sorry, for the inconvenience everyone. I thought i was just adding to the discussion. If i have derailed the discussion, my apologies. I have a tendency to be stubborn and thick headed.
    DOS has a New 52 Superman. And you are the only one who denies this. You are on the page about the relationship between Superman and Lois and it is not right to prove that the people on this page are wrong and should respect Lois and Clark on this page.

So right!

Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn 1.04 “Finding Mr. Right”

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Part 2:

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

BANNED

This is a page for specifically for the celebration and appreciation of their romantic relationship. It is not the place for you to show up and go off on long tangents about the post crisis Superman.

You have shown you don’t remotely care if Jon Kent is even Lois Lane’s child so I’m really not sure what you are even doing in this thread. You aren’t a Lois and Clark fan.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 01-10-2020 at 12:53 PM.