Page 29 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    If I remember right than this was Jon as KID or?
    He had problems with his invulnerability during these days.
    This was the kid. But, Bendis's did give teen jon a scar.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    A scar which origin was never explained (in fact, the scar just appeared when he returns to home). And the scar has already dissapeared.

Not to mention that, when the scar "should" appear, he was trapped in a place where his power is reduced a lot.

So, I don't think this is proof that teen Jon has less invulnerability that other Superman family member.

Now, when he was kid Jon, it was implied that he has a lot potential in power (to be stronger that Superman in the future). So, I've never though Jon was the underdog of the Batman family.
    Last edited by Konja7; 06-23-2020 at 04:51 AM.

Also didn't he have power problems because of Manchester Black's interference or something, which is why he was on even footing with Damian? I'd say the moment he got the power to fly is when he gradually started growing stronger, like he originally would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Now, when he was kid Jon, it was implied that he has a lot potential in power (to be stronger that Superman in the future). So, I've never though Jon was the underdog of the Batman family.
    Since, potential and "underdog" status can be mutually exclusive.Potential can go to waste as well or never be achieved . What matters is the present state.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Also didn't he have power problems because of Manchester Black's interference or something, which is why he was on even footing with Damian? I'd say the moment he got the power to fly is when he gradually started growing stronger, like he originally would have.
    Even after the flight his powers where unstable. Hence, solar flare incident. It was also implied unlike the other krypotonians jon could kill himself using it.

Astonishing Member

Since, potential and "underdog" status can be mutually exclusive.Potential can go to waste as well or never be achieved . What matters is the present state.

Even after the flight his powers where unstable. Hence, solar flare incident. It was also implied unlike the other krypotonians jon could kill himself using it.
    In my opinion, in his present state, kid Jon was hardly the underdog of the Superman family. He was still pretty powerful.

Jon has problems to control his powers, but that is part of the conflict in the story. I don't see him less powerful than other Superman family members for that. And we don't know if other kryptonian will survive the flare incident when they were 10 years old, since they've never pass for that situation.

In Pre-Flashpoint continuity, Conner also had his life-threatening problems from overuse of his powers (due to him being a clone). Although this was also forgotten by DC.

Yes, Characters need to have a draw.There is nothing special about another superboy doing whatever superman or superboy does. Jon is a better draw as himself, than as a superboy. He doesn't need a code name. Heck! I don't particularly think he needs to be part of great superman dynasty. Jon being royalty is bad for me. The kid building himself from scratch is much more exciting . Finally, i don't like the treatment given as "classic" superboy or superman to jon.why would anyone need a repeat telecast of clark kent or conner or chris?As for imparting wisdom, the kid is 17 and has seen hell. The idea that he needs his dad is bizarre . Jon's appeal as the underdog, the little guy and jimmy-esque figure of the family is gone, Which is also bad. Conner and jon shouldn't be on equal terms. Jon should be someone punching up and trying to prove himself.
    The kid being this rather than with armour, legion.. Etc would have been more cool.
    I love that fan design for Jon's Superboy look. It captures the spirit of Jorge's original but adds its own unique flair to it.

Do you think Jon would ever meet like an alternate universe sister? I was rereading Injustice(yes I know it’s not liked by some Superman fans but I like it and it’s an elseworld) and I got to the part about an alternate future where Superman got to raise his daughter.

It kind of made me wonder if there will ever be a point in comics with all the Hypertime and alternate worlds if Jon would ever meet and come to know a sister.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Do you think Jon would ever meet like an alternate universe sister? I was rereading Injustice(yes I know it’s not liked by some Superman fans but I like it and it’s an elseworld) and I got to the part about an alternate future where Superman got to raise his daughter.

It kind of made me wonder if there will ever be a point in comics with all the Hypertime and alternate worlds if Jon would ever meet and come to know a sister.
    I think yes. In Justice League 34, he fought with Brainiac alongside with his sister from Injustice and with the others version of his father and Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    I think yes. In Justice League 34, he fought with Brainiac alongside with his sister from Injustice and with the others version of his father and Justice League.
    Oh yeah I guess I forgot that part didn’t I.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

He belongs to the SUPER- not BATMAN Family.

Yes actually thats never made sense to me.
    Conner is biologically the same character and he should be even stronger considered that scientist altered also (PROBABLY) his human DNA.

And as far as I remember he learned also FASTER how to use his powers than Conner and Clark.

It was said that this is true for ALL HALF-KRYPTONIANS!
    But to be fair even CLARK cant control his Solar Flare or?

In Pre-Flashpoint continuity, Conner also had his life-threatening problems from overuse of his powers (due to him being a clone). Although this was also forgotten by DC.
    Thats only half-true
    He had problems when he UNLOCKED ALL HIS STRENGTH...

It was only the fight against Superboy Prime where he used his full-strength...

I don't remember it saying that for all half kryptonIans. Jon's powers were based on emotions hence the unstability. Clark has full control of solar flare. He used it against rogal zarr without any backlash.

Maybe the Hybrid thing has advatanges like Jon dont need the sun for his powers.I think Jonīs Power depends how much DC decides to push Jon.If DC goes all in then Jon could be the Gohan of the DCU.

From Dceased Hope At World's End #4

This is why I like DCeased, I can’t wait for the sequel to come out next week.
    Words to live by.