Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

They should've let Sook design Jon's Superman suit. This isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a real downgrade from Sook's inspired and future forward Legion design, and not nearly as bold and new as Reis' deign.

I particularly don't care for the fact that he's no longer using his unique stylized S.

But from what I understand that's actually a marketing thing that DC will not even remotely budge on. Once the character is named Superman and in an important thing targeted for wide consumption, they will not let you change that S. Somewhat famously, when Morrison suggested they change the S for All Star it wasn't even up for debate. I guess in a way that says something about how serious they are about this on some level because it's not just "okay he's this future thing, go crazy because we don't care".
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Jon’s suit looks very similar to the suit “Superman Secundus” wore in All-Star (no surprise given Moz was involved).

(I think this was Secundus, I remember it being mentioned somewhere at least).

Funny thing about that suit is it was designed to incorporate aspects of Superman “expies” like Shazam and Miracleman, sort of a case of a snake eating it’s tail design wise. I actually like the cape less look the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    They should've let Sook design Jon's Superman suit. This isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a real downgrade from Sook's inspired and future forward Legion design, and not nearly as bold and new as Reis' deign.

I particularly don't care for the fact that he's no longer using his unique stylized S.

But from what I understand that's actually a marketing thing that DC will not even remotely budge on. Once the character is named Superman and in an important thing targeted for wide consumption, they will not let you change that S. Somewhat famously, when Morrison suggested they change the S for All Star it wasn't even up for debate. I guess in a way that says something about how serious they are about this on some level because it's not just "okay he's this future thing, go crazy because we don't care".
    Really? That’s bizarre. Don’t know why that would be such set in stone thing for them as opposed to y’know, characterization.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Really? That’s bizarre. Don’t know why that would be such set in stone thing for them as opposed to y’know, characterization.
    Like I said, it's marketing. That S is more recognizable than the three circles that make of Mickey Mouse. I imagine once they get even remotely serious about something like this they break out the guidelines.

Worth also mentioning that the new Wonder Girl and Jon Kent will both be not only on the same TV network but also in the same universe, and seemingly around the same age. And obviously we know that they're getting a Future State book together where they'll apparently start off rocky and then build to being the new World's Finest (yet to be see if this leads to romance as well or not), so that seems like something we'll likely see on at least the small screen eventually. All that leaves is Luke/Tim Fox who seems to have his in via Batwoman.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if after Hoechlin is done, they simply cast a new young actor as Jon Kent and take over as the new Superman (don’t expect it to be one of the kids since I think those two will also want to move on by the time Hoechlin is done as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if after Hoechlin is done, they simply cast a new young actor as Jon Kent and take over as the new Superman (don’t expect it to be one of the kids since I think those two will also want to move on by the time Hoechlin is done as well).
    Although I think Hoechlin probably has quite a bit in him before he would say he's done, especially now that he has his own show.

I'm not expecting a Ruby Rose scenario and Amell and Gustin had about 6 seasons in them before they were thinking to move on, and they had to work longer episode counts than Hoechlin does.

Although it would be kind of funny if Superman and Lois went from being Superman and his wife to Superman and his mom .

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

Is it me or this is very close to Jon's LOSH costume ?
    The cape ruins it and he looks Asian in this art style.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Not just the Cape,the belt is too small.It had started to feel too busy and feels more like flying paragon than Jon kent.Hopefully,That is just another costume.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-22-2020 at 09:33 AM.

Doesn't he have three adult costumes at this point ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doesn't he have three adult costumes at this point ?
    4, if you count the one jor el gave. Maybe unlike the other heroes Jon actually washes and changes his gear.That would be funny.I wonder what will wally think of a hero who actually does laundry seeing as he smells.So does batman.

They're back, in a digital series but the Super Sons are back. By Peter Tomasi himself.

https://m.readdc.com/Challenge-of-th...50QWRkaXRpb25z
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    They're back, in a digital series but the Super Sons are back. By Peter Tomasi himself.

Finally, I hope this time there aren't restrictions and other things.Tomasi can just tell his tale with the Boys.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-24-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Incredible Member

Slightly disappointed this isn't a regular book instead of a digital first. As I want Jon's age up undone in the main continuity, but I'll still get all the same, while continuing to boycott the main Superman and Legion books. Anything I can do to show my support for a younger Jon and hopefully get his age up and torture by the Crime Syndicate undone eventually.

Spectacular Member

Yesss!! I wonder if that means Jon is getting de-aged soon.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Finally, I hope this time there aren't restrictions and other things.Tomasi can just tell his tale with the Boys.I wonder if this gonna be the new status quo.
    I have a feeling this is what bleedingcool meant by omniverse continuity, because Tomasi is acknowledging a continuity we have seen before but the continuity as it happened in his book. Maybe I'm just reaching though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.