Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am just saying. There is a reason superman is depicted as a grown adult. Kids and humans even the most saintly, boyscoutish ones though curious about the world.generally, put themselves, their small world in front and centre.Their own self interests like a game, movie,studies, teachers.. Etc will be more on their mind than something like worldly affairs. Kids are more focused in their curiosity. I am speaking in general.
    I had absolutely no issue reading and understanding your point in the post before. If the allegory didn't work for you personally, that's cool.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Real Jon makes an appearance in the Robin Anniversary comic to talk about how awesome his best friend is.

I miss this. So much. Dammit Tomasi, COME BACK!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Real Jon makes an appearance in the Robin Anniversary comic to talk about how awesome his best friend is.

Yeah, that's adorable. We're missing out.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Now this was a good read. I need more of this Jon. More of this dynamic between the Super Sons.

Can't help but question his decision to follow his Dad's lead and wear his costume under his clothes. It's one thing with Clark since that's spandex but Jon's is a hoodie. That can't be comfortable XD

Can't help but question his decision to follow his Dad's lead and wear his costume under his clothes. It's one thing with Clark since that's spandex but Jon's is a hoodie. That can't be comfortable XD
    If a kid thinks they look cool, they're willing to put up with a lot.

Those pages are fantastic. Jorge has got to be one of the industry's best. Love his work!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    If a kid thinks they look cool, they're willing to put up with a lot.
    Yeah, I made some seriously questionable fashion choices when I was a ten year old boy.
    Currently Reading:

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yeah, I made some seriously questionable fashion choices when I was a ten year old boy.
    Same. Had a fascination with spiky hair (with gel) when I was little (early-mid 90s, so, not too far from the 80s at least).

Looking at this hurts. Man Bendis is the worst.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Same. Had a fascination with spiky hair (with gel) when I was little (early-mid 90s, so, not too far from the 80s at least).
    I had this vest that kind of looked like the one Brock from Pokemon wore. I had to wear it everyday, not matter what, regardless of whether it clashed with the shirt I was wearing or not, and in the different pockets of my vest I would keep decks of Pokemon Cards, even when the full decks were big enough to start weakening the fabric. It was...a choice.
    Currently Reading:

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I feel jon jumping around is much more dynamic than him flying. Flying like superman currently is just so boring to look at.This reminds me why. Jon clinging on Damian's grappling rope.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-20-2020 at 03:25 AM.

Such a wholesome feeling seeing the real Jon and Damian get one last story from their original creative team. DC are losing out on a goldmine by not putting out a Super Sons series or trying to adapt the Super Sons into an animated show. Their dynamic could bring in a different kind of audience.

There should definitely be some kind of animated project being made. Those kids would be perfect for such a thing.

Fortunately, Jon's age up in comics has no bearing on larger media adaptations.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Such a wholesome feeling seeing the real Jon and Damian get one last story from their original creative team. DC are losing out on a goldmine by not putting out a Super Sons series or trying to adapt the Super Sons into an animated show. Their dynamic could bring in a different kind of audience.
    they did have that adventures of super sons series for a while when Bendis run first started, but it didn't sell well enough to get more issues.