Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

I liked Teen Jon's outfit and I find him alright. I wouldn't mind a solo where he tries and figure out what to do with himself after he came back to Earth. He can't go back to the life he had as a ten year old so that's an interesting conflict.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    [IMG]

Let's lighten the mood. People need to chill. Krypto eating slime.
    This reminds me, we need more Kara and Jon interaction. But with Jon is now Superboy, and Kara is Jon's aunt, maybe Kara can change into Superwoman instead of Supergirl.

DC Universe Online is having a Legion Event. Titans are involved for some reason (including Damian).

They have Bendis' Legion designs. But Kara's there instead of Jon. Never thought I'd be happy to not see Jon in something.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He can't go back to the life he had as a ten year old
    Oh he most certainly can. For every mishap that could have happened to age him up in the first place, there are plenty more that can put him back to how he was.
    Last edited by Blue22; 11-05-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    DC Universe Online is having a Legion Event. Titans are involved for some reason (including Damian).

They have Bendis' Legion designs. But Kara's there instead of Jon. Never thought I'd be happy to not see Jon in something.
    I've never read any Legion book other than Bendis's, but looking at how crowded Bendis's Legion, why are they only use Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy, and Saturn Girl from Legion member?

Incredible Member

I liked Teen Jon's outfit and I find him alright. I wouldn't mind a solo where he tries and figure out what to do with himself after he came back to Earth. He can't go back to the life he had as a ten year old so that's an interesting conflict.
    There are plenty of ways to undo and fix this situation. Like simply rescuing the real Jon from being tortured for seven years. Involve the older Jon in helping rescuing his younger self if you must. All I care about is fixing this situation and getting ten year old Jon back.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

They could simply have two books set in different periods of jon's life like in silverage.

Astonishing Member

They could simply have two books set in different periods of jon's life like in silverage.
    I am a fan of Jon, young or old. The above option works for me.

Astonishing Member

Considering those rumors about Omniverse, probably that's exactly what's gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    This reminds me, we need more Kara and Jon interaction. But with Jon is now Superboy, and Kara is Jon's aunt, maybe Kara can change into Superwoman instead of Supergirl.
    That's a Bendis screw up too. Kara is Clark's cousin, not his sister. Which means she's Jon's cousin once removed, not aunt.

Incidentally, Kara is becoming Superwoman, at least temporarily, in Future State. The TV show, in which Kara starts about 8 years older than in the comics, made a good point about that. When Cat Grant calls her Supergirl after her debut, she asks, shouldn't it be Superwoman. She can't force it without giving away her secret identity, which Cat later figures out.

Is Jon even in the game? Makes sense to use Kara instead if he isn't, since pre-Flashpoint Kara was a Legionnaire.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-06-2020 at 06:44 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's a Bendis screw up too. Kara is Clark's cousin, not his sister. Which means she's Jon's cousin once removed, not aunt.
    He calls her cousin kara, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Incidentally, Kara is becoming Superwoman, at least temporarily, in Future State. The TV show, in which Kara starts about 8 years older than in the comics, made a good point about that. When Cat Grant calls her Supergirl after her debut, she asks, shouldn't it be Superwoman. She can't force it without giving away her secret identity, which Cat later figures out.

Is Jon even in the game? Makes sense to use Kara instead if he isn't, since pre-Flashpoint Kara was a Legionnaire.
    I've seen people before refer to a parent's first cousin as aunt or uncle - even non relatives can be called aunt or uncle, as I am by my niece's friends. It's just an honorary thing, but it does look confusing in print.

Oh he most certainly can. For every mishap that could have happened to age him up in the first place, there are plenty more that can put him back to how he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    There are plenty of ways to undo and fix this situation. Like simply rescuing the real Jon from being tortured for seven years. Involve the older Jon in helping rescuing his younger self if you must. All I care about is fixing this situation and getting ten year old Jon back.
    I meant he as a 16 year old couldn't pick up his 10 year old life where he left off.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Considering those rumors about Omniverse, probably that's exactly what's gonna happen.
    For someone who has no clue what the Omniverse is, can you please explain.

Incredible Member

I meant he as a 16 year old couldn't pick up his 10 year old life where he left off.
    Thus why rescuing him at a younger age from being tortured for seven years with time is a more attractive option as opposed to hitting Teen Jon with a deaging ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I want a young Jon in the present who doesn't have being tortured for seven years of his life between the age's of 10 and 17 in his future. If they want to somehow keep Teen Jon around as a temporal anomaly or introduce an alternate version from seven years in the future where he isn't tortured I don't care, but trying to retroactively cram more stories with young Jon in the timeline before Bendis messed him up isn't going to be satisfactory for me. Jon in the present will still need to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Rumor from Bleedingcool about DC trying to abandon having a shared universe ongoing main continuity. I personally don't believe it myself.

Astonishing Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...-future-state/
    I want a young Jon in the present who doesn't have being tortured for seven years of his life between the age's of 10 and 17 in his future. If they want to somehow keep Teen Jon around as a temporal anomaly or introduce an alternate version from seven years in the future where he isn't tortured I don't care, but trying to retroactively cram more stories with young Jon in the timeline before Bendis messed him up isn't going to be satisfactory for me. Jon in the present will still need to be fixed.
    Well, the likelihood that they will do it is still high, given the December solicits.
    But I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to just use two versions, relying on Omniverse.