Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 705
  1. #46
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,386

    Default

    So, let me get this straight. This thread is for only superman and lois's son.then that should be in the title. Don't make it jon kent appreciation thread. Call it, son of superman and lois lane appreciation thread.

  2. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So, let me get this straight. This thread is for only superman and lois's son.then that should be in the title. Don't make it jon kent appreciation thread. Call it, son of superman and lois lane appreciation thread.
    Everyone already understands who this page is about. And everyone knows who Jon Kent is.

  3. #48

    Default

    It is possible that in the TV Show about Superman and Lois we will see ten-year-old Jon and his brother or brothers. Maybe Jason will be on the show.

    http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...in-new-tv-show

  4. #49
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Everyone already understands who this page is about. And everyone knows who Jon Kent is.
    I know who jon kent is. Hello, i have been discussing in these thread for a while. But there are different versions of the character like superman. When has parenthood been relevant? It does not even specify whether its specific version appreciation thread. Honestly, only time superman and lois was ever really discussed was when they left the kid. Other than that, damian is more discussed in the thread than his parents.it just blows my mind that i only noticed the son of thing, now. It's a vague detail for me.
    Edit- i guess, i do need to apologise. So, i am sorry. But, still this doesn't feel right. Jon kent thread should be about versions of jon kent. Not who's son he is. It would have been better if this was version specific.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-10-2020 at 01:00 PM.

  5. #50
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    It is possible that in the TV Show about Superman and Lois we will see ten-year-old Jon and his brother or brothers. Maybe Jason will be on the show.

    http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...in-new-tv-show
    I hope they have chris kent storyline, instead of jon having biological brothers. Which reminds me, jon needs krypto. I hope they have him.

  6. #51
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,386

    Default

    Finally, a fan art with damian teaching jon how to use a sword



  7. #52
    Mighty Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Finally, a fan art with damian teaching jon how to use a sword
    Damn, he never did get a chance to teach him, did he XD

    Freakin Samurai Superboy

  8. #53
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Damn, he never did get a chance to teach him, did he XD

    Freakin Samurai Superboy
    No, he didn't. It's a pet peeve of mine. I so Wanted jon to get the superman-sword. It would have been freaking cool. But, nobody cares. Heck! I don't think many including writers, even know the thing exists in comics.

  9. #54
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,386

    Default

    Ok, i am surprised People are still complaining about the age up. (this isn't a compliment or complaint. Just an observation )i knew comics fans were tenacious. I didn't no it was this much. So, does anyone think jon will be reverted back if and when the whole 5G thing comes crahsing?

  10. #55
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Ok, i am surprised People are still complaining about the age up. (this isn't a compliment or complaint. Just an observation )i knew comics fans were tenacious. I didn't no it was this much. So, does anyone think jon will be reverted back if and when the whole 5G thing comes crahsing?
    I dearly hope so. And so do many of his fans. Other then those neutral or outright hated Jon, no one asked for the age up. None of his fans wanted the age up and feel robbed of years worth of stories. Of Jon growing up, learning from his dad, making friends (both in and out of the costume), and of course going on adventures. And in all honesty, it feels like some major opportunities missed and a lot of money not made by going through with the age up. Even Benny of Comics Explained (a big youtube channel that focuses on DC and Marvel comics) has expressed frustration at the age up. And he's usually a more "go with the flow" and level headed guy. But its bugged him quite a bit as well.

  11. #56
    Mighty Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    At this point I think we're stuck with Earth-3 imposter Jon. Even if 5G falls through, I'm pretty sure the only hope we have is if whatever writer comes on after Bendis cares enough to change him back. They could very well be okay with the switch or never really cared about it to begin with.

    It'll definitely be....interesting to see what happens when Bendis is eventually gone. Whether that's soon or years from now.

  12. #57
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    99

    Default

    I think one of the biggest problems with Jon age up reared its head during Legion issue 1 (after all the fan backlash I at least had to see what it'd all been for, spoiler alert I didn't think much of it bare the art) in it Jon suddenly has an apparent phobia of being in "bottle cities", even if was meant more of a joke I think it's telling that despite not having any previous established connection to Kandor Bendis struggles to characterise him outside of making broad references to well known Superman lore and 3 issues in he's already bringing in Damian because their friendship is one of the only other well known traits Jon has.

    I love Jon but when you get down to it remove he's Super powers and his a relatively normal kid, not that's a problem, I think Tomsai had masterful talent of capturing a child's voice so there was great deal of heart and authenticity to Jon and it was clear the goal was to take him on the journey into the more refined and distant individual/hero he'd eventually become as we the audience saw him grow and develop.

    It's just now suddenly stopping that journey and skipping a huge portion of it has left a less nuanced writer with little to work with other than general niceness and his own patented sarcastic, overly quippy voice that he crafts almost all the characters under him with.

    Which in itself is another can of worms as given the years of imprisonment, isolation, abuse and trauma he's supposed to have suffered, him coming out it seeming unaffected and now being this jokey, friendly, well ajusted teen makes zero sense.

    I heard Bendis try and argue its to show his great inner-strength but that rings false to me, we can endear with characters who are shown overcoming great difficulties in life but there's a difference between that and just treating great hardships as something that can beaten by thinking positively and holding onto are parents morals and I think the creator of Alias/Jessica Jones a series that deals explicitly with PTSD would understand that.

    To summarise Jon went from a character who felt very real to one who's now this confused, narratively broken, mess of a thing.

  13. #58
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    I think one of the biggest problems with Jon age up reared its head during Legion issue 1 (after all the fan backlash I at least had to see what it'd all been for, spoiler alert I didn't think much of it bare the art) in it Jon suddenly has an apparent phobia of being in "bottle cities", even if was meant more of a joke I think it's telling that despite not having any previous established connection to Kandor Bendis struggles to characterise him outside of making broad references to well known Superman lore and 3 issues in he's already bringing in Damian because their friendship is one of the only other well known traits Jon has.

    I love Jon but when you get down to it remove he's Super powers and his a relatively normal kid, not that's a problem, I think Tomsai had masterful talent of capturing a child's voice so there was great deal of heart and authenticity to Jon and it was clear the goal was to take him on the journey into the more refined and distant individual/hero he'd eventually become as we the audience saw him grow and develop.

    It's just now suddenly stopping that journey and skipping a huge portion of it has left a less nuanced writer with little to work with other than general niceness and his own patented sarcastic, overly quippy voice that he crafts almost all the characters under him with.

    Which in itself is another can of worms as given the years of imprisonment, isolation, abuse and trauma he's supposed to have suffered, him coming out it seeming unaffected and now being this jokey, friendly, well ajusted teen makes zero sense.

    I heard Bendis try and argue its to show his great inner-strength but that rings false to me, we can endear with characters who are shown overcoming great difficulties in life but there's a difference between that and just treating great hardships as something that can beaten by thinking positively and holding onto are parents morals and I think the creator of Alias/Jessica Jones a series that deals explicitly with PTSD would understand that.

    To summarise Jon went from a character who felt very real to one who's now this confused, narratively broken, mess of a thing.
    Isn't the idea though to eventually give Jon more characterization in this run? I don't disagree with most of what you are saying here, but we are only 3 issues in and this is a roster of over 30 characters. People would have hated on Bendis more if he did radically change Jon's character to give him more personality traits than what's doing right now, a slow build.

  14. #59
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Isn't the idea though to eventually give Jon more characterization in this run? I don't disagree with most of what you are saying here, but we are only 3 issues in and this is a roster of over 30 characters. People would have hated on Bendis more if he did radically change Jon's character to give him more personality traits than what's doing right now, a slow build.
    I think it would be hated regardless of what he did at this point.

  15. #60
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Isn't the idea though to eventually give Jon more characterization in this run? I don't disagree with most of what you are saying here, but we are only 3 issues in and this is a roster of over 30 characters. People would have hated on Bendis more if he did radically change Jon's character to give him more personality traits than what's doing right now, a slow build.
    Slow build requires you to have audiences attention and patience. It has to be earned prior. Bendis doesn't unfortunately for many people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •