Spectacular Member

Default What if we replaced Captain Marvel with Supergirl in Avengers: Endgame?

Lets say Captain Marvel does not survive the snap and a spacial anomaly sends Supergirl into this Marvel Universe at about the same time Captain Marvel shows up. What happens differently? Doctor Strange can send Supergirl back to her own universe, but to do that the 6 infinity stones and the gauntlet needs to be retrieved. Then Doctor Strange can be brought back and Supergirl sent home. What happens?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kalbfus View Post
    Lets say Captain Marvel does not survive the snap and a spacial anomaly sends Supergirl into this Marvel Universe at about the same time Captain Marvel shows up. What happens differently? Doctor Strange can send Supergirl back to her own universe, but to do that the 6 infinity stones and the gauntlet needs to be retrieved. Then Doctor Strange can be brought back and Supergirl sent home. What happens?
    First thing, Supergirl needs to rescue Tony Stark and Nebula, how does she find them?

Swiss army nerd

Assuming Stark and Nebula can be retrieved, there's really not a lot in Endgame that poses a threat to Kara, if anything at all. Which version of Kara are we using? If it's TV show, her speed and strength are enough to lay out literally any MCU adversary before they can react to her. Kara in any time period can retrieve the target infinity stone likely without anyone noticing she's been and gone. Comic book Kara makes it even easier. There's really not a lot in the MCU that can stop someone of Kara's strength and, crucially, speed, from doing whatever she wants.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Assuming Stark and Nebula can be retrieved, there's really not a lot in Endgame that poses a threat to Kara, if anything at all. Which version of Kara are we using? If it's TV show, her speed and strength are enough to lay out literally any MCU adversary before they can react to her. Kara in any time period can retrieve the target infinity stone likely without anyone noticing she's been and gone. Comic book Kara makes it even easier. There's really not a lot in the MCU that can stop someone of Kara's strength and, crucially, speed, from doing whatever she wants.
    I like the Byrne Supergirl, the one with the midriff and the red skirt, she has an ability to survive in space. Kara and Captain Marvel have some similar abilities, heat vision substitutes for Captain Marvel's photon blasts, both are super strong and invulnerable to bullets, both can fly in space, I've never seen Captain Marvel display superspeed or have super hearing or X-ray vision, so those are new things she brings to the table. The Byrne Supergirl is a teenager to young adult, so we'll start her off as a teenager. I'm not sure how Kara would react to Thor chopping Thanos' head off with that axe, I don't think she would like it, but then she wasn't around for the snap either. We could say perhaps bringing her the the Marvel Universe could be a side effect. Kara is pretty much stuck here until Ant Man emerges from the quantum realm with his idea for building a time machine, so that is 5 years, in the meantime Tony Stark can put her up in Peter Parker's home, he could purchase the home outright from the mortgage company since both mother and son got eliminated by the Thanos snap. Unlike Captain Marvel, I don't think Kara will be going anywhere, so she'll take Peter Parker's place as "your friendly neighborhood Supergirl" for the next five years. She'll go back in time with the rest, some new challenges would have to be cooked up.

Maybe Loki could give her some challenges, he escapes in the original.
    Last edited by Tom Kalbfus; 12-30-2020 at 07:59 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

"People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Well, for starters, I'd make sure that Supergirl introduced herself as both "Linda Lee Danvers" and "Kara Zor-El," just so audiences would be reminded what a rip-off name "Carol Danvers" is...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Well, for starters, I'd make sure that Supergirl introduced herself as both "Linda Lee Danvers" and "Kara Zor-El," just so audiences would be reminded what a rip-off name "Carol Danvers" is...
    There are lots of opportunities for adventures in New York City if we don't fast forward the next five years, about half of Spiderman's enemies will still be around, but no Spiderman. Kara could always get a job at the Daily Bugle, lets assume Jay Jonah Jamison is still around, about half of his employees are missing and he is looking for new hires. Kara could show him some pictures of Supergirl she took and get a job as a photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

Thanks, this was fun to watch!
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Disney/Marvel would be slapped with a lawsuit.

Tangent; Captain Marvel in Endgame is the best 'Green Lantern' I've seen on film. What I mean, is, if a GL appears in live action again, that's exactly how I want to see them depicted.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Tangent; Captain Marvel in Endgame is the best 'Green Lantern' I've seen on film. What I mean, is, if a GL appears in live action again, that's exactly how I want to see them depicted.
    You act like they are competitors or something. Supergirl is Warner brothers and Avengers is Disney, I know they pretend to compete with one another, but to me their products look very similar. Anyway they already did Avengers: Endgame, but they could do an Elseworlds comic book under the Darkhorse Comics banner.

One always wonders how Marvel and DC characters would interact, and I think a lot of people would like to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Disney would only use DC characters if they could do it legally. Maybe Disney/Marvel offers AT&T/DC a super-licensing fee. And a large slice of the revenues. AT&T might go for it. they have a lot of debt to retire.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    Disney would only use DC characters if they could do it legally. Maybe Disney/Marvel offers AT&T/DC a super-licensing fee. And a large slice of the revenues. AT&T might go for it. they have a lot of debt to retire.
    Captain Marvel doesn't have a power ring, speaking of, I have yet to see a female Green Latern.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kalbfus View Post
    Captain Marvel doesn't have a power ring, speaking of, I have yet to see a female Green Latern.
    Arisia? Jessica Cruz, Sojourner Mullein?
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    Arisia? Jessica Cruz, Sojourner Mullein?
    Yet in the case of Green Lantern its his ring that gives him superpowers, in the case of Captain Marvel, the powers are innate to the character herself, I'm going by the movie by the way.