Page 25 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I finally, got around to watching this.

Around @57:00
    Ethan(clark) :what about our son? Where the hell did you leave our son?
    Sal(lois) : oh! I left him with your crazy dad.
    Ethan:but!! the only reason i let him go was because he was with you !
    Sal:well, now he is not with me. Now, We can ****. (So, they do)
    Ethan:i want a divorce.(in a defeated kinda tone)

Then ben was like "this... This sucks". This was hilarious. I love how they tore down the stupid drama, without even thinking .this was way hilarious than the actual book.

And I thought i was the only one was thought this way. Imagine if this had happened for real. I would imagine clois fans will be pissed. At the very least clark would have left with his head held high as a father and as a husband.Don't get me wrong i like them as a couple. But, this was stupid.This ending would have been far more fitting.

I didn't know that tomasi had to fight tooth and nail for everything he did. Well, that's too bad If true. It's like superman being about drama is all they want. Which sucks. They aren't wrong about dc editorial working behaviour, i mean look at wally.
    Funniest thing is rogal zarr being high school doomsday and how he used to get wedgie from lobo back in highschool . Rogol zarr is the nerd of Czarnia.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I'd say someone already beat him to the punch with N52 Superboy.

P. S. I doubt Bendis go that route.
    Well, he did start to in the legion book.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-04-2020 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Say what you will about Bendis, and there can be a lot to say, I at least like the idea of Clark, Conner, and Jon all being together with Ma and Pa Kent. It’s nice

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-f1nm_p...d=i5skkqw59kqz
    I wish I could enjoy this Kent family reunion as seeing Jon, Conner and the Kents together is something I've been looking forward to. But that was before Bendis' run went in a direction I fundamentally disagreed with to the point that I can't enjoy a scene of the Kents hugging their grandchild. It's nice in theory but bittersweet given the current status quo for me.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I didn't know that tomasi had to fight tooth and nail for everything he did. Well, that's too bad If true. It's like superman being about drama is all they want. Which sucks. They aren't wrong about dc editorial working behaviour, i mean look at wally.
    According to a Twitter thread by someone called Bitter Script Reader, at a Comic Con panel he went to a year or two ago, Tomasi reportedly said that he and Gleason had to push very hard in order to publish stories like the fairground issue in Superman #7 or Superman bringing the children on a cancer ward to the Watchtower in Superman #39. I see lots of people on Twitter call out those two issues as their favourite from the Rebirth Superman run. It sucks that the editors were reluctant to allow the writers to focus on the family dynamics and character beats of their run. If they were more stubborn, we may not have had the run on Superman that we got from Tomasi and Gleason.

Seriously? The fair ground I kinda get, but they had to fight for an issue of Superman doing the most Superman thing that any Superman could do as Superman!? What even is editorial!?

Mighty Member

The funniest part is the fairground issue is probably my favorite Superman story ever.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I wish I could enjoy this Kent family reunion as seeing Jon, Conner and the Kents together is something I've been looking forward to. But that was before Bendis' run went in a direction I fundamentally disagreed with to the point that I can't enjoy a scene of the Kents hugging their grandchild. It's nice in theory but bittersweet given the current status quo for me.
    Same. Its something I had looked forward to during Rebirth, but now... As you said, bittersweet.

Me too,jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Same. Its something I had looked forward to during Rebirth, but now... As you said, bittersweet.
    Well Blue22 said it first but yeah it really is bittersweet for fans of Jon before Bendis.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I just saw this on Reddit; holy crap.

I jumped off the Super titles the second Tomasi left; I can't believe they did my by boy Jon so dirty.

I usually like Bendis and his New Avengers is my favorite iteration of the Avengers; but what was he thinking?

Why poo-poo everything Tomasi had painstakingly built from the ashes of the dumpster fire that was New 52 Superman?

I am happy I jumped off all things considered

It’s always strange when someone tries to defend Clark and Lois trusting Jor-El in MOS. I’ve even seen someone say that Doomsday Clock erased Oz Effect even when there’s no evidence of that. Or say it’s ok because Bendis reimagined Jor-El as not a bad/dangerous person anymore, even though he doubled down on him being crazy, made him responsible for the destruction of krypton (don’t get me started on how much I hate that little tid bit) had his stupid space trip idea get Jon tortured alone for 7 years and presented his execution at the end as something he deserved.
    And now after screwing up Superman’s family, his backstory and his secret ID... apparently he’s not even the one true Superman anymore. This run is such a train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I just saw this on Reddit; holy crap.

I jumped off the Super titles the second Tomasi left; I can't believe they did my by boy Jon so dirty.

I usually like Bendis and his New Avengers is my favorite iteration of the Avengers; but what was he thinking?

Why poo-poo everything Tomasi had painstakingly built from the ashes of the dumpster fire that was New 52 Superman?

I am happy I jumped off all things considered
    Yeesh!This is just baaaad. I told people action comics #1004 was bullshit. But, nope! They actually had said clark is just flawed parent. This is a tragedy for him. Well, clark and lois doesn't seem stricken by tragedy . This is just shitty parenting . It would have been way better if clark actually walked away from lois with his head held high.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-06-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Yeesh!This is just baaaad. I told people action comics #1004 was bullshit. But, nope! They actually had said clark is just flawed parent. This is a tragedy for him. Well, clark and lois doesn't seem stricken by tragedy . This is just shitty parenting . It would have been way better if clark actually walked away from lois with his head held high.
    Bendis actually made Batman look like a somewhat better parent with this. That's impressive in all the wrong ways.

Mighty Member

For some reason, none of the superfamily members have swords. They mostly have used hammers, sheilds.. Etc. Not counting alpha centurion.
    WRONG!

COVER OF YOUNG JUSTICE 13!!

Kal-El and Kon-El of Earth 395!! Its a medieval earth where Kal-El is a blacksmith and he also made a sword for Kon-El and he also has a sword..

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    WRONG!

COVER OF YOUNG JUSTICE 13!!

Kal-El and Kon-El of Earth 395!! Its a medieval earth where Kal-El is a blacksmith and he also made a sword for Kon-El and he also has a sword..
    Is it part of their characters? No. I am not talking about some short stint. Already explained mate.