Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Sooooo much better.

Still not the biggest fan of Jon's suit, but new art stretching out the red and the s shield, and giving Jon a sleeker body type really helps the whole look out.

My hype is back in full force.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    https://m.facebook.com/TomTaylorWrit...48&__tn__=EH-R

Another panel with jon shared by tom taylor.
    It definitely looks better then when Finch drew it.

Hopefully Jon as Superman handles things better then Clark did.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    https://m.facebook.com/TomTaylorWrit...48&__tn__=EH-R

Another panel with jon shared by tom taylor.
    Who's the Green Lantern?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Who's the Green Lantern?
    Black Canary

On Tom Taylor's Twitter. He says "A New Justice League is Coming."

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomTaylor...07737817669632

Man it really is just his hoodie appearance morphed into a new Superman suit.

Also interesting to see there fighting in space, either someone’s trying to leave earth 2 or somethings coming to it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Sooooo much better.

Still not the biggest fan of Jon's suit, but new art stretching out the red and the s shield, and giving Jon a sleeker body type really helps the whole look out.

My hype is back in full force.
    I think, i liked the bulkier body type. Jon growing up to be rough rugged man from a sweet kid would haver been awesome. Especially, in a zombieland kind of world.The suit just atleast works with the bulk. without which, it now looks wierd. Also, they should have used two shades of blue if they really wanted to morph the old hoodie and jeans suit, keep the black s. Then the bulk isn't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Man it really is just his hoodie appearance morphed into a new Superman suit.

Also interesting to see there fighting in space, either someone’s trying to leave earth 2 or somethings coming to it.

Hoodie has two sets of blue or one is grey. The above would have been a morphed hoodie look.

This is the original.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-12-2020 at 11:35 PM.

Alright so it’s clear that the David Finch art may have just been drawing a very adult Jon given what we can tell from the interior art where he is slightly smaller then that. So I guess I’m wondering how long a time skip things have been since Ollie and Dinah don’t look to much older. I’d say maybe between 5 to 10 years is possible with how Jon looks here.

Edit: It’s 5 years, so I guess Jon would only hope to be either 18 or just turning 20 at most in this sequel

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpression=true
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-12-2020 at 09:22 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm betting he's in his very early 20s.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Taylor's already making me wish he was writing Superman instead of Bendis with the textless preview panels alone. I'm not a big fan of zombie superhero stories but the character moments in Taylor's story have always been his biggest strength. He had a natural handle on Jon's character down from the beginning of DCeased.

One of the best versions of the son of Superman who made a name for himself writing an evil/authoritarian version of his father.

In all seriousness though while I do really like Taylor and do wish he would play a bigger part in current ongoing series I do think it might actually be better, and he probably likes it more, when he gets to write elseworlds series that he can just be as creative as he wants to be. Kind of like Sean Murphy and his White Knight series.
    Words to live by.

The vision Wally had in the Mobius chair he looked the best imo
    RCO065_1583343040.jpg

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARIARAIDEN View Post
    RCO065_1583343040.jpg
    Yeah! Too many lines and the hair sucks.the red line downward from the chest symbol is not needed. It basically has all the problems of new52 costume . The grown up costume in tomasi's run is better if you ask me. I like the gloves, though. But, i would prefer it to be either blue or gray. Jon colour scheme should be two set of blues( or blue and gray) , yellow and red.

Robin's 80th Anniversary: supersons one last trip by jorge jimenez
    for people who want see pages from the issue click here
    I could have posted the images but didn't want to spoil
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-13-2020 at 04:54 AM.

My God. Jimenez and Tomasi really are a dream team. Whenever I see their Super Sons these days, I'm him with the same happy/sad combo that I feel whenever I see remnants of Geoff John's Titans.

Please don't let this be the "last trip"

Quote Originally Posted by ARIARAIDEN View Post
    RCO065_1583343040.jpg
    That's actually an improperly colored version of the Ryan Sook Legion design Jon's going to get at some point in the Legion book.

Last edited by Superlad93; 03-13-2020 at 08:31 AM.