Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    they did have that adventures of super sons series for a while when Bendis run first started, but it didn't sell well enough to get more issues.
    Pretty much no room for it to drag on much longer, seeing as Bendis drove the superverse continuity in an entirely different direction. Not that his supposedly bold new direction brought sales that are anything to brag about, Despite all the promotion he got.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 03-21-2020 at 03:16 PM.

It wasn't compatible with current Teen Titans continuity either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

i wonder if there are plans for non-continuity based Super-Sons comics. Seems like there was a lot more mileage that could have been gained from keeping Jon at Damian's age. mini-series, ongoing, one-shots, etc.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Since, the virus is spreading. Hope everone is healthy. Stay safe and maintain distance everyone.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-23-2020 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    they did have that adventures of super sons series for a while when Bendis run first started, but it didn't sell well enough to get more issues.
    Was its goal to get more issues? I thought that was supposed to be their last hurrah from the start....albeit not a very good last hurrah to go out on, with a plot that dragged on way too long and incredibly annoying antagonists.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

Since, the virus is spreading. Hope everone is healthy. Stay safe and maintain distance everyone.
    ....How on earth did they build that into an apartment without anyone noticing?
    Last edited by Blue22; 03-24-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Clark has pocket dimension tech. It says a barrier even superman can't break.

Was its goal to get more issues? I thought that was supposed to be their last hurrah from the start....albeit not a very good last hurrah to go out on, with a plot that dragged on way too long and incredibly annoying antagonists.
    I don't know if it was intended to be a last hurrah, but if it had sold well then DC would've done more, regardless of what their original intentions might've been.

As often as Metropolis gets blown up and rebuilt? It'd be a wonder if anybody *did* notice!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i wonder if there are plans for non-continuity based Super-Sons comics. Seems like there was a lot more mileage that could have been gained from keeping Jon at Damian's age. mini-series, ongoing, one-shots, etc.
    There's already been a trilogy of graphic novels.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Real Jon makes an appearance in the Robin Anniversary comic to talk about how awesome his best friend is.

I miss this. So much. Dammit Tomasi, COME BACK!
    That one scene of Jon in his school uniform with the glasses was also dynamite.

Honestly, he's better at using a suit and glasses to look like a completely different person than his dad is lol

Mighty Member

Man! Jon looks like rugged muscular dude. He actually feels like a strongman . I would want everyone who works on it, to draw jon in this book like that. I hope, The black insignia means he has more nonsense attitude.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    It's gonna be cassie wonder woman, damian wayne batman and jon kent superman.
    Is this really JON?????

I am asking because normally the red S on BLACK BACKGROUND stands for Conner!! It looks more like the Titans of Tomorrow Conner who has the Superman Suit with the red S on the black Background and he is very muscular.

Anyway I am NOT a fan of this Cassie-the ToT Cassie in Rebirth looked much better...

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Is this really JON?????

I am asking because normally the red S on BLACK BACKGROUND stands for Conner!! It looks more like the Titans of Tomorrow Conner who has the Superman Suit with the red S on the black Background and he is very muscular.

Anyway I am NOT a fan of this Cassie-the ToT Cassie in Rebirth looked much better...
    Red s on black background was actually a goldenage superman thing.They are on Earth-2 so it's fitting.Yeah!that's jon, damian and Cassie. Tim is dead. Conner might also be,as well. Cassie escaped with the ship.This is zombieverse so jon might die in this one as well.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-27-2020 at 02:11 AM.

Mighty Member

Red s on black background was actually a goldenage superman thing.They are on Earth-2 so it's fitting.Yeah!that's jon, damian and Cassie. Tim is dead. Conner might also be,as well. Cassie escaped with the ship.This is zombieverse so jon might die in this one as well.
    Yes, but if I remember right they had a different Shape (S and logo itself) and had also golden outlones.
    This one which Jon is wearing looks like the one CONNER is wearing as adult Superman in ToT...

Is there an explanation why Jon wears the red S with black background?
    I think Pre-Flashpoint implied that Conner took the inspiration from Supermans funeral with the flags.

Another reason why I dont like it-the red S on the black background is known to be used by Conner and I hoped that it would remain unique for him.

But the dark S isn’t even unique to Conner, it was a Kingdom Come Superman thing first. It was a symbolic thing of Superman working in darker times, which is exactly what Jon is in during DCeased because his fathers a zombie and they lost their world.

Also we probably won’t get an explanation until Dead Planet comes out, but it should be noted that muscular Jon is only on Finch’s cover. Look at the revealed internal art and Jon’s got that slim muscle look while his costume is a Superman edit of his hoodie look (his cape connecting to his red shoulders which are directly connected to the S with a red line going down each arm).
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-27-2020 at 05:34 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    But the dark S isn’t even unique to Conner, it was a Kingdom Come Superman thing first. It was a symbolic thing of Superman working in darker times, which is exactly what Jon is in during DCeased because his fathers a zombie and they lost their world.

Also we probably won’t get an explanation until Dead Planet comes out, but it should be noted that muscular Jon is only on Finch’s cover. Look at the revealed internal art and Jon’s got that slim muscle look while his costume is a Superman edit of his hoodie look (his cape connecting to his red shoulders which are directly connected to the S with a red line going down each arm).
    Kingdom Come Supermans Logo looks different.

This Logo (red S with black background) is a logo which I only know from Conner and by Superman (who was wearing it around 2001).