Page 32 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I actually happens to like TT Damian a lot more than the parody of himself he was in SS. At least here he feels like a real character with progression since he reacts to the world around him and what happens there.
    I could say the reverse. One of the reasons i never read teen titans is that "fun" is not something i associate with the books.Those guys would suck the energy out of anyone.Every character in there feels like trying too hard.What progression is happening? I mean, the guy walking tightrope between " baby hitler" and Bruce's brat has always been done. Did damian decide he is quiting robin or something?If damian in ss is a parody then i think i like the parody, in general. The character needs to get over the "i was raised to be ninja" nonsense.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-12-2020 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I could say the reverse. One of the reasons i never read teen titans is that "fun" is not something i associate with the books.Those guys would suck the energy out of anyone.Every character in there feels like trying too hard.What progression is happening? I mean, the guy walking tightrope between " baby hitler" and Bruce's brat has always been done. Did damian decide he is quiting robin or something?If damian in ss is a parody then i think i like the parody, in general. The character needs to get over the "i was raised to be ninja" nonsense.
    Then he needs to stop being Robin and a hero. He's the epitome of a child-soldier. They never heal from the abuse they suffered and the actions they took by remaining soldiers.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Did damian decide he is quiting robin or something?
    On TT annual 2 next August, there's possibility that he will lose his Robin title, and on September TT issue he goes missing. Tynion also stated that Damian doesn't participate in Joker War because what happened on him in TT, and he has big plan for him on 2021.
    That's why I found some fans wrote on twitter that Jon and Damian's talk on TT 43 maybe will become the last conversation they have for a long time. Unless Bendis want to use him before Tynion's plan, but I don't trust Bendis with Damian.
    Speaking about twitter, I hate when fans stated on that app and tumblr that Damian's regression on TT is partially because Jon left him to join LOSH. As much as I love them as best friend and I hate age-up Jon joined LOSH, Damian's mental state is not Jon's responsibility. It can't help that Damian in Supersons was watered down so maybe Jon and Superson fans had no idea how ruthless Damian can be. Balancing Al Ghul's nurture and Batman's nurture is Damian's definitive trait, I can't see how Jon can help him on that.

Yeeeeeah. Their friendship is probably one of the best things to happen to Damian as a character but his downward spiral had nothing to do with Jon and started WAY before he left to join the Legion. Hell, it started before Jon even left with Jor-El.

I actually happens to like TT Damian a lot more than the parody of himself he was in SS.
    Eh. The only time I've felt that to be even remotely true is when Bendis was in charge of their reunion and wrote Damian like a slightly grumpier version of early Tim Drake. In the actual Super Sons books, I thought he was fine. Do I wish the series had explored more of Damian's complexities as a character? Yeah, and they were definitely starting on the right track when they brought in Talia. Wish that had gone further. But, overall, it was what it was. The lighthearted adventures between two friends. I can count maybe one time in that whole run where I thought his characterization felt off. And it was at the very end.

Extraordinary Member

Does Jon have a gf now?

Then he needs to stop being Robin and a hero. He's the epitome of a child-soldier. They never heal from the abuse they suffered and the actions they took by remaining soldiers.
    Oh! Please, dick nor tim has a that problem. Even, jason finds something positive. Damian is the only character that takes it to this extreme . Besides that, weren't you for bendis doing what he did to jon? The kid was tortured inside a volcano for half of his life. Yet, he has no scars to show for it. How is that even consistent?Shouldn't jon be angsting it up according to you? Me, i want something that makes sense.

Damian's seriousness just never came across as child soldier serious. Many a times, it was just a brat's thinking of what it is to be serious and atworst rich brat's thinking. Going through abuse and have a scar is one thing. This is another . Sure, he became a child soldier. But, there would have been others in his clan like him.Going through the same thing. If i understand how these clans would actually work. I would say the kid show competence means he would have been propelled to higher rank and he would have been treated with more respect than other kids. The kid needs to be more grateful about life.

Yeah so this one page just made my whole freakin day. I love this. Though seeing Cassie here does kinda make me wish we had gotten a Wonder for Damian and Jon's generation

Now this, this is the kind of interaction I miss most.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah so this one page just made my whole freakin day. I love this. Though seeing Cassie here does kinda make me wish we had gotten a Wonder for Damian and Jon's generation
    This issue made me miss Super Sons even more. I wonder if spoilers:
    Stephanie Brown or Talia
    end of spoilers will show in Dead Planet issues.
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 07-14-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    This issue made me miss Super Sons even more. I wonder if spoilers:
    Stephanie Brown or Talia
    end of spoilers will show in Dead Planet issues.
    That is an excellent question. One I'm kind of afraid of finding out the answer to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That is an excellent question. One I'm kind of afraid of finding out the answer to.
    I wonder if spoilers:
    Stephanie will herself Batwoman since she's aged up 5-6 years. Also, I wonder if Talia and Lois have become BFFs.
    end of spoilers

I wonder if spoilers:
    Stephanie will herself Batwoman since she's aged up 5-6 years. Also, I wonder if Talia and Lois have become BFFs.
    end of spoilers
    The first is a possibility. The second... I just don't see it. The boys would have to keep them from going at it all the time.

I wonder if spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

I don't think I'd want that. A mutual respect between the two, maybe. Some kind of understanding based on their individual skills and the fact that their sons are best friends, maybe. But friends, themselves? I don't think that would work. I feel like it'd take a lot for Lois to be friends with someone who's done everything to their child that Talia has.
    end of spoilers

Lois was friends with Catwoman. Wasn't she?

Catwoman didn't raise her child into becoming a murderous sociopath and then kill him when he chose a better life for himself. Granted, the latter part was apparently her under some sort of spell or...something, I don't know. I didn't like that little revelation. I always thought her doing it of her own volition, and then regretting it when she realized what she had done, added to the overall tragedy of Damian's death.

Plus Selina's...kinda changed or at least shows more of an interest in wanting to change. Meanwhile any hints Talia has shown of being good are long behind her (which is for the best. I prefer chaotic neutral Talia). At the most, I feel like she at least has no problem admitting she loves her kid.