Page 47 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Not a fan of the idea of Jon becoming a kid again honestly. I get some of you miss those days, but I'd rather Jon continue his teenage years. No need to degress the character because of nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Not a fan of the idea of Jon becoming a kid again honestly. I get some of you miss those days, but I'd rather Jon continue his teenage years. No need to degress the character because of nostalgia.
    I don't generally like de-aging. But this isn't degression, IMO (they were two pretty much different characters because it happened overnight, rather than being actual character progression and I hate speed-aging in general, too), and I think it's a laugh to call it "nostalgia" when it was just a couple years ago. Plus, you know, I disliked lots of other things Bendis did and quit reading not long after he aged up, anyway. I mean, I saw a story or story or two after that time, but almost nothing that was going on in the Superman comics sounded good to me. I mean, the villains were interesting enough when I was reading, but it didn't make up for the horrible things happening in the family.

It's not really a regression so much as it's a continuation of a story that was unnecessarily cut short just so Bendis and Didio could skip to the end. Aging him up was never a step up for the character, so putting him back to how he was would be about as much of a step down as fixing the "Ric Grayson" nonsense. As in not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Not as regulars, but maybe for a funny one-shot or something. Like Damian meeting Rob-zarro.

Either way, there's actually quite a bit to work with for Damian and Jon's generation. Having Maya and Kathy there, bring in Wally's kids, etc. Could even do an animated series with these characters like the animated Teen Titans of the early 2000s. Plenty of comedy and hi-jinks, but also differing personalities, characters, arcs, and reactions to events.
    At this point, Maya has already been, stolen by Jon. So honestly, I say, if DC really wants to get back Bland Kid Jon, put him in a team with MAya, Kathy, Boyzarro and Rob-zarro. That way they'll already have a fake Damian in the team, no need to take the real one and turns it into a pathetic version of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Edit your post, you didn't close the spoil tag properly.

15 is about right for Wallace and Emiko, yeah. And I would say 17 for Crush, though I don't think her exact age has been mentioned, and she is non-human. Jon, of course, is 17.
    Apologies, I have fixed this now. I forgot to add the slash at the end of the second spoiler.

Astonishing Member

Jimenez keeps teasing something with kid Jon on Instagram.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 10-23-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Jimenez keeps teasing something with kid Jon on Instagram.
    It's for something new too he's alluding hella hard I see the light at the tunnel y'all.

Spectacular Member

Yeah didn’t he say that it wasn’t for an omnibus (also I’m new here. Hi)

Yeeerp. The light of hope is getting brighter and brighter. Here's hoping it actually means something good.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Jimenez has always been the one to get character, the most. I knew this was coming especially since 5G died and bendis is leaving.Regardless of what happens i am happy. I am looking forward to adult jon superman in future state and kid jon at the same time, on top of dceased.I am happy that the kid is getting exposure.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Much as I would love to get young Jon back, I'm enjoying him in Legion (of course, you can have both with the caveat that he gets deaged when returning from the future) so I guess I win either way, but I will say that I'm not getting my hopes up because Jimenez is drawing something with them. For all we know, it's a short in an upcoming holiday special or a cover for a collection. Could be massive or not. We'll see.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

legion of superheroes 10 preview: http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...85&postcount=1

Jon and Imra on a date!

Jimenez is on Batman so I don’t know if his stuff is evident of anything in the near future. He’s not going to be drawing a Superman or Super Sons series in addition to Batman. But we’ll see come March what the plans are. I definitely expect there to be another shift in the Superman status quo as a result of Future State.
    legion of superheroes 10 preview: http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...85&postcount=1

Jon and Imra on a date!
    Sook is so damn good on art.

Astonishing Member

Well, at least Legion has a really good art.
    Jimenez probably draws cover for something. Maybe Holiday special (although Jon has a too aggressive expression on his face for that, I think) or some digital series.
    I'm interested in something else - would they now tease the series for March, before December solicits? They need, in theory, to focus on the Future State in October-November.
    But on the other hand, Bendis, for example, said that the news of what he's going to do next will appear very soon. I'm really curious where all of it is going.

Depends on who is taking over the books after Bendis. Someone like Waid would be a big enough deal that they’d probably announce it before next month’s solicits. A newbie like Phillip K Johnson though? That wouldn’t be important enough to merit an announcement before solicits.