Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Finally, I hope this time there aren't restrictions and other things.Tomasi can just tell his tale with the Boys.I wonder if this gonna be the new status quo.
    We know this takes place right after the mini. So For now, it's no indication of where those two are actually heading. But who knows? Things might change after these current arcs in Legion and Tec.

I know Super Sons is the lighthearted book but I actually would love to see those two reflect on everything that happened to them after they split up. One of the things I loved most about Tomasi's Batman and Robin were those moments where the Bruce and Damian had those serious, character developing discussions in between their adventures. It'd be nice to get at least one moment like those in Super Sons. Though that could just be me being a sucker for sappy moments and relationship building between characters. It's part of the reason I loved the Wolfman and Johns eras of the Teen Titans lol

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Slightly disappointed this isn't a regular book instead of a digital first. As I want Jon's age up undone in the main continuity, but I'll still get all the same, while continuing to boycott the main Superman and Legion books. Anything I can do to show my support for a younger Jon and hopefully get his age up and torture by the Crime Syndicate undone eventually.
    Bendis has already undone the "torture" by acting like that wouldn't have any long term effects on a child's psyche -___-

Most of the bad things that happened to Jon while he was in space has been swept under the rug. Because I guess the "how" was never important. He just needed a reason for Jon to be older.
    Last edited by Blue22; 11-24-2020 at 09:36 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The how didn't matter. They wanted to update superman ip without fans raging over undes being gone. With jon, he is not clark, clearly. He seems to have gotten over with newer demographics. He is superman. They could have their cake and eat it too. Heck! His old man can be around as well. as a literal gladiator, the undies won't be out of place.To be fair, superman is a pulp action hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although I think Hoechlin probably has quite a bit in him before he would say he's done, especially now that he has his own show.

I'm not expecting a Ruby Rose scenario and Amell and Gustin had about 6 seasons in them before they were thinking to move on, and they had to work longer episode counts than Hoechlin does.

Although it would be kind of funny if Superman and Lois went from being Superman and his wife to Superman and his mom .
    Ruby Rose was an exceptional case. She got injured and that influenced her decision to leave. Is Gustin thinking of leaving? As I understood it, he was in talks to renew his contract.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

didn't bendis say that he was going to revist the stupid earth 3 volcano ****? Did that ever happen? Because his run is practically done at this point. They need to either get rid of it (easily the best option) or acknowledge it.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 11-24-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Spectacular Member

I completely forgot about the earth 3 volcano thing...I wouldn’t mind forgetting it happened either.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    I completely forgot about the earth 3 volcano thing...I wouldn’t mind forgetting it happened either.
    You aren't alone.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    didn't bendis say that he was going to revist the stupid earth 3 volcano ****? Did that ever happen? Because his run is practically done at this point. They need to either get rid of it (easily the best option) or acknowledge it.
    I'd rather they finally acknowledge it. I hate when things are swept under the rug, even if they're bad ideas. They can always be salvaged into good ideas later. That's why I wasn't a big fan of a rumor I heard about Jon getting aged down but losing all of his memories from when he was aged up. Don't do that. Use that to develop him going forward. Same with Damian's actions in the Teen Titans books. Yeah they were bad but don't let it all be for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'd rather they finally acknowledge it. I hate when things are swept under the rug, even if they're bad ideas. They can always be salvaged into good ideas later. That's why I wasn't a big fan of a rumor I heard about Jon getting aged down but losing all of his memories from when he was aged up. Don't do that. Use that to develop him going forward. Same with Damian's actions in the Teen Titans books. Yeah they were bad but don't let it all be for nothing.
    I agree with you. I sincerely hope DC doesn't pull a Superior Spider-Man/Superior Octopus here by simply preventing any lasting ramifications from Jon's time as a teen via a memory wipe. Whenever possible one should make chicken salad, not chicken ****.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-24-2020 at 10:49 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member

I think him being aged down but keeping his memories could make for some good stories.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Bendis has already undone the "torture" by acting like that wouldn't have any long term effects on a child's psyche -___-

Most of the bad things that happened to Jon while he was in space has been swept under the rug. Because I guess the "how" was never important. He just needed a reason for Jon to be older.
    I'm sorry but ignoring isn't really undoing it or fixing it. It's just refusing to address the problem.

The rumor about him getting hit with some kind of deaging effect and a mind wipe but keeping his legion ring didn't work for me entirely. Preferably I want the the real ten Year old Jon to be rescued from Earth 3 at a much earlier date via time travel. Whether or not they want to keep the older version around after that I don't care. But the younger Jon needs to be rescued or Jon needs to get those stolen years back some how, otherwise I can't let this problem go.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I'm sorry but ignoring isn't really undoing it or fixing it. It's just refusing to address the problem.

The rumor about him getting hit with some kind of deaging effect and a mind wipe but keeping his legion ring didn't work for me entirely. Preferably I want the the real ten Year old Jon to be rescued from Earth 3 at a much earlier date via time travel. Whether or not they want to keep the older version around after that I don't care. But the younger Jon needs to be rescued or Jon needs to get those stolen years back some how, otherwise I can't let this problem go.
    Get over it. Seriously all this hand wringing is idiotic. I get that Jon is your super sweet cinnamon roll for you to “uwu” over but he’s a superhero. He’s going to get hurt and messed up. Damian died via getting stabbed to death. Jon is going to get likewise messed up.

Bendis was right about some fans wanting absolutely nothing bad to ever happen to their characters. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Get over it. Seriously all this hand wringing is idiotic. I get that Jon is your super sweet cinnamon roll for you to “uwu” over but he’s a superhero. He’s going to get hurt and messed up. Damian died via getting stabbed to death. Jon is going to get likewise messed up.

Bendis was right about some fans wanting absolutely nothing bad to ever happen to their characters. Sheesh.
    But wait...Did I miss something? Isn't he arguing in favor of the Earth-3 torture to be acknowledged?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    I think him being aged down but keeping his memories could make for some good stories.
    I thought people wanted to undo his Earth 3 plot, his "torture" but now you want to keep his memories of the period you want done away?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Jon getting hurt or tortured ain't the issue.Tomasi and jurgens did that plenty.Clark and lois being a bunch of morons about the whole ordeal is the problem for me.Heck!them getting away with it is bigger problem.Also,I am with @blue22 jon shouldn't forget traumatic incidents in his life.It should be addressed in a good way.Losing memories would be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Jon getting hurt or tortured ain't the issue.Tomasi and jurgens did that plenty.Clark and lois being a bunch of morons about the whole ordeal is the problem for me.Heck!them getting away with it is bigger problem.Also,I am with @blue22 jon shouldn't forget traumatic incidents in his life.It should be addressed in a good way.Losing memories would be bad.
    ^This^

There are ways for a bad idea to be done while still having the character grow and learn from what they experienced. Just look at Damian's death. He wasn't supposed to come back from that. And when he did, it came with LOADS of good character development for him. Though...there were also some unfortunate implications surrounding his death, thanks to Glass' Titans book.