Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

I hope come next month we get the glorious news Legion is cancelled and Jon is free!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think the legion books are rather decent. There were some great things like jon becoming the king of the seas(for seconds)

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I think the legion books are rather decent. There were some great things like jon becoming the king of the seas(for seconds)
    I just find the book to be overcrowded, boring plot, no individuality and pretty art.

uhh... "Fake Jon"? What's going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Many feel teen jon is fake jon and real jon is stuck in earth-3.Superdad needs to "This looks like a job for superman" and rescue him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just find the book to be overcrowded, boring plot, no individuality and pretty art.
    Crowding can be a much. But, when you actually get past that. Characters seem to have individual characterisations. For example, mon el's issue with jon being his ancestor or dawstar's connection to jon.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-22-2020 at 10:11 AM.

This run is JUST interesting enough for me to wanna check out other Legion runs. This one though? I tried giving it a fair shot and just...didn't like it. It's not even because of Jon. I just...don't like Bendis' writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Lol don't mind us. It's just a joke about this current version of Jon not being the real one because we hate him XD
    Last edited by Blue22; 09-22-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    This run is JUST interesting enough for me to wanna check out other Legion runs. This one though? I tried giving a fair shot and just...didn't like it. It's not even because of Jon. I just...don't like Bendis' writing.
    Yeah! Bendis speak is high and moreover there are some stupid jokes. Why does he always do the poop jokes is beyond me.But, there is great world building going on. I love the university campus aspect of it. Also, love the entire metropolis being head quarters. New earth is great concept as well.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-22-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Man! I appreciate tomasi for doing the silverage superboy concept in a good way.
    A post i made in another thread
    Actually, kents(some versions) encourage their adolescent boy to be a vigilante, jump into unholy danger that could kill him and do good. Some might call it irresponsible/bad parenting and some heroic/altruistic .take that however you will

Me? i hate that clark doesn't know what good really means. He is nowhere near knowledgeable enough to know what is morality. I mean, even grown adults seem to grapple with that. This is superman in modern world. A guy who is molded entirely by his two sets of parents. Not his own journey as a person.if the kid was sneaking out (wrong thing to do. Which the character needs to realise) and learning on his own what is right and wrong. I would like it. But, as it stands now. I don't.
    Here is jon sneaking off and realising his mistake.

This is morality from a protagonist. Above is just blind nostalgia about silverage and not done in a good way. Jon is silverage superman done right for modern audiences.

I think ultimately it just comes down to the fact I think Bendis is a mediocre hack, and everything he creates is either hit or miss and for the last what almost 2 years? It's been a huge miss I want him gone and I want his influence on Jon aka inserted OC teen protagonist erased! Completely wiped from history when this is over I will never acknowledge this run again. *shrugs* but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think ultimately it just comes down to the fact I think Bendis is a mediocre hack, and everything he creates is either hit or miss and for the last what almost 2 years? It's been a huge miss I want him gone and I want his influence on Jon aka inserted OC teen protagonist erased! Completely wiped from history when this is over I will never acknowledge this run again. *shrugs* but that's just me.
    Pretty much this. He peaked at Ultimate Spiderman and it's just been downhill from there. There are still spots where he shows promise and even has some pretty good ideas. But he almost always fucks up the execution in some way and some other writer has to come along and fix things (See: Riri Williams and his versions of the Original Five X-Men).

Then you have cases like Civil War II, Rogol Zaar, and aging up Jon. Which were not only terrible ideas, but the executions were worse than anything I could have ever imagined. His Superman runs had some good (or at least interesting) ideas that I'm sure other writers will be able to make better (as is normally the case with Bendis ideas). But I want him off everything Superman as soon as possible and for all the bad ideas to go with him. This includes the impostor Jon. Kill his ass or keep him in the future with the Legion. He doesn't need to come back to the present. That time is for the real Jonathan Kent...wherever he is XD

Personally I like that Jon try’s to reason to Manta in this by calling him by his name.

D15DEDD1-2C3D-4517-9AC3-51BF487C7985.jpg
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Man! I appreciate tomasi for doing the silverage superboy concept in a good way.
    A post i made in another thread
    Why do you have so much problem with Superman parents teaching lessons to his son?

This will still be part of his journey as a person. After all, what other people taught us is still part of that.

Yeah I also didn't have a problem with that page. I thought it was cute.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Personally I like that Jon try’s to reason to Manta in this by calling him by his name.

D15DEDD1-2C3D-4517-9AC3-51BF487C7985.jpg
    Jon really stood out in this issue. Standing up to Talia, reasoning with Manta, leading the charge against the zombies. My boy's a natural born leader.

Great characterization really makes up for the unnaturally flat head that this artist gives him XD
    Last edited by Blue22; 09-22-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Why do you have so much problem with Superman parents teaching lessons to his son?

This will still be part of his journey as a person. After all, what other people taught us is still part of that.
    I have no problems with kents teaching their kids. Kents being the reason The superman knows right from wrong is bizarre. Your parents don't give a wholesale deal on morality as a whole. You define your morality based on your experience. Not your father, not your mother, not your teacher.. Etc. You aren't a mere avatar for them to act out their morality through your actions.A Superman shouldn't be a mere avatar for his parents. That's why Bendis's run fails. It treats jon as an avatar for kents, els, superfamily... Etc. It doesn't treat jon as an individual character.

I don't want jon to be good because he is an immitation of his parents.individuality matters.His parents being the reason for superman's existence is reducing the character into an just an avatar.nothing more nothing less.Morality is choice.you learn things by test.clark many a times does not test his parents views to see whether they are right or wrong.He merely goes along.i want my characters to have individual will.

Moreover,kents morality many a times is just platitudes with no essence or context like "be good" or "hope harder"

Edit-i just noticed something .you brought up only kents,not the els.what?you don't want them to give their child morality?why just kents?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-22-2020 at 10:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I have no problems with kents teaching their kids. Kents being the reason The superman knows right from wrong is bizarre. Your parents don't give a wholesale deal on morality as a whole. You define your morality based on your experience. Not your father, not your mother, not your teacher.. Etc. You aren't a mere avatar for them to act out their morality through your actions.A Superman shouldn't be a mere avatar for his parents. That's why Bendis's run fails. It treats jon as an avatar for kents, els, superfamily... Etc. It doesn't treat jon as an individual character.

HI don't want jon to be good because he is an immitation of his parents.individuality matters.His parents being the reason for superman's existence is reducing the character into an just an avatar.nothing more nothing less.Morality is choice.you learn things by test.clark many a times does not test his parents views to see whether they are right or wrong.He merely goes along.i want my characters to have individual will.

Moreover,kents morality many a times is just platitudes with no essence or context like "be good" or "hope harder"

Edit-i just noticed something .you brought up only kents,not the els.what?you don't want them to give their child morality?why just kents?
    Do we know anything about his Superman and Lois protrayl