Page 30 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    This is why I like DCeased, I can’t wait for the sequel to come out next week.
    Taylor does do good character work when he wants them to be the main focus. Just wish his work wasn't always so dark in setting (Injustice and now zombie apocalypse).

Plus, DCeased featured the first time ever of Jason Todd and Cass Cain actually teaming up. Something I had wanted in the main series for quite a while.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Taylor does do good character work when he wants them to be the main focus. Just wish his work wasn't always so dark in setting (Injustice and now zombie apocalypse).

Plus, DCeased featured the first time ever of Jason Todd and Cass Cain actually teaming up. Something I had wanted in the main series for quite a while.
    I don't think the darkness of setting is entirely on Taylor. He takes the work he's given and makes the best of it. My hope is that the quality of his work is recognized and he finds himself on more mainstream titles (which is exactly what seems to be happening).
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARIARAIDEN View Post
    Maybe the Hybrid thing has advatanges like Jon dont need the sun for his powers.I think Jonīs Power depends how much DC decides to push Jon.If DC goes all in then Jon could be the Gohan of the DCU.
    Exactly.

However, I suspect that, even when DC doesn't push Jon, he will likely be as powerful as another Kryptonian.
    Last edited by Konja7; 07-01-2020 at 08:11 AM.

It's time for the new DCeased Superman

DCeased-Dead-Planet-1-6-7.jpg
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Taylor continues to show Bendis how an aged up Jon should be written.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Taylor continues to show Bendis how an aged up Jon should be written.
    Well this would be a Jon who aged naturally 5 years after a zombie/anti-life apocalypse compared to the whole Earth 3 thing. Also I will say I know he’s Superman now but Jon here has to be like 17/18 so I’m surprised Cassie or Dinah would listen to him.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Given the fact that Jon is by far the best thing that happened to the Superman Franchise in i dont know how long, his push would be way more justified as someone like Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by ARIARAIDEN View Post
    Given the fact that Jon is by far the best thing that happened to the Superman Franchise in i dont know how long, his push would be way more justified as someone like Harley.
    I agree, whether it is animated or live action on DC Universe/HBO Max I would love for a Jon, son of Superman show. There is so much you can do with this character and his story along with his interactions with other characters.
    Words to live by.

Well this would be a Jon who aged naturally 5 years
    And that right there is already why he's better.

I agree, whether it is animated or live action on DC Universe/HBO Max I would love for a Jon, son of Superman show. There is so much you can do with this character and his story along with his interactions with other characters.
    Even though I'm really against them doing another time skip, I'm kinda excited to see if his and Damian's introduction in the Young Justice cartoon actually goes anywhere outside of some cute cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

Even though I'm really against them doing another time skip, I'm kinda excited to see if his and Damian's introduction in the Young Justice cartoon actually goes anywhere outside of some cute cameos.
    I mean they did hint at the Legion so maybe we see future Jon and Damian in the Young Justice world and that inspires Bruce to go get his kid. I mean unless they plan on skipping 10 or so years unless time travel gets involved probably stuck with a baby Jon and Damian....but there is always hope for a spinoff(we got a third season, we can dream).
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Well this would be a Jon who aged naturally 5 years after a zombie/anti-life apocalypse compared to the whole Earth 3 thing. Also I will say I know he’s Superman now but Jon here has to be like 17/18 so I’m surprised Cassie or Dinah would listen to him.
    I don't think someone who was trapped in volcano by evil version of his father for 5? 7? years will come out as bright and boring as Bendis's Jon. How come traumatic prison time on Earth-3 for more than half of his life make Jon become like clone of Superman? Even Bendis's writing is weird on his own building canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I don't think someone who was trapped in volcano by evil version of his father for 5? 7? years will come out as bright and boring as Bendis's Jon. How come traumatic prison time on Earth-3 for more than half of his life make Jon become like clone of Superman? Even Bendis's writing is weird on his own building canon.
    Its why I consider Bendis' run non-canon, in a bad fanfic sort of way.

Sad thing is, even bad fanfics do a better job than Bendis did with Jon. And not just the age up, but as a character as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Exactly, Jon in DCeased has naturally aged 5 years within this story which makes his experiences and growth more compelling for the reader than how Bendis handled Jon's age up.

Alright well I’m not going to post anything to big and I want to start a discussion thread over the issue itself but I have one main thing I want to get off my chest about Dead Planet today

spoilers:
    Who left Krypto on his own on Earth for five years? They evacuated the earth but didn’t think to bring the flying super dog?
    end of spoilers
    Words to live by.

Dcceased is just highlighting what’s I’ve been saying this whole time. Aged up Jon could have worked, if Bendis hadn’t done it in the forced and problematic way possible.