Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Meh. "Quick, shoot directly at his body instead of the wide area around him! That'll show him, even though he's bulletproof!" Now cue Ultraboy incinerating the shooters and forming a cult to worship him in the present, to allow him to bottle Metropolis in the future.
    Jon isn't that bullet proof. That preview is more evocative of goldenage outlaw superman who couldn't handle more than a bursting shell. Moreover, superman wears the s for a reason. Originally it was to piss off police officers and corrupt politicians. It's a freaking police badge. So, naturally it draws attention. It's more of an impulse fire than a calculated assault from the perceptive of the authorities. Free metropolis doesn't sound like anything like bottle metropolis.

I believe, an ultraboy and ultraman wouldn't be an authoritarian. He would be more an absolute anarchist smashing everything and anything, burning everything down to the ground especially technology like the monkey king sun wukong and hanuman before the curse. Superman hates those giant pesky robots and chains. The cult leader superman would be evil version of postcrisis superman. Essentially, Evil postcrisis ultraman. There is also possibility of a superman becoming totalitarian like darkseid as well.
    " If you won't be knight, you will be my pawn"
    After all he is a gladiator so he won't bow. That means there is a chance of clark becoming this absolute control freak like in red son than authoritative fascist like injustice. Since, if you aren't a follower then you are gonna be a leader of some kind.That's just me.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-17-2020 at 01:24 AM.

So Jon appeared in the first half of Teen Titans #46 today. Spoilers below:

spoilers:
    Jon helps the Titans defeat Mammoth and Shimmer whilst looking for Damian. He rips open a vault to find a note addressed to him from Damian. He reads the note and is clearly upset but we never see or are told what Damian's note says. Jon then burns it with his heat vision and takes the villains to prison
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Lvenger; 10-23-2020 at 05:11 AM.

You know I got to say I kind of appreciate how Jon looks in the titans book, yes he’s clearly older then his previous self but the artist did a good job so that he doesn’t look older then the others, that he reasonably is the same age as Wallace, Emiko, and Crush...who I assume are like between 15 to 17?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I told myself I wouldn't read it. I told myself it was gonna piss me off. But I couldn't help myself. I read it. And, I'm pissed. Just not for the reasons I thought I would be. What the **** did that letter say!? **** this! I need some DCeased to wash out all the despair I'm feeling!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I told myself I wouldn't read it. I told myself it was gonna piss me off. But I couldn't help myself. I read it. And, I'm pissed. Just not for the reasons I thought I would be. What the **** did that letter say!? **** this! I need some DCeased to wash out all the despair I'm feeling!
    Is'nt this part of future state or 5g or whatever. I mean, doomsday clock said superman would go on a search to find batman's daughter so she could save batman's son. Bendis has been teasing something with damian in legion as well.
    Also don't read dceased, more death and despair.But,taylor doesn't angst it up.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-20-2020 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Also don't read dceased, more death and despair.But,taylor doesn't angst it up.
    Yeah watching spoilers:
    Steph die
    end of spoilers probably wasn't the best thing to see after that. But the whole thing still put me in a....better mood. At least we got Talia trying to be a good mom.

So this probably means nothing but Jorge Jiminez posted this blackened outline of the Super Sons and I don't recognise the pose as one of his past works on the series. Just thought I should post it here to show my appreciation to my favourite DC duo

https://twitter.com/JorgeJimenezArt/...51663996309504

If this was just more random pieces of Super Sons art, I doubt Jiminez would have it blacked out like some kind of mystery. And I really doubt Tom Taylor would have responded with "whaaaaat?"

This might not be a drill....My sons....they might be back!

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    So Jon appeared in the first half of Teen Titans #46 today. Spoilers below:

spoilers:
    Jon helps the Titans defeat Mammoth and Shimmer whilst looking for Damian. He rips open a vault to find a note addressed to him from Damian. He reads the note and is clearly upset but we never see or are told what Damian's note says. Jon then burns it with his heat vision and takes the villains to prison
    end of spoilers
    Edit your post, you didn't close the spoil tag properly.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know I got to say I kind of appreciate how Jon looks in the titans book, yes he’s clearly older then his previous self but the artist did a good job so that he doesn’t look older then the others, that he reasonably is the same age as Wallace, Emiko, and Crush...who I assume are like between 15 to 17?
    15 is about right for Wallace and Emiko, yeah. And I would say 17 for Crush, though I don't think her exact age has been mentioned, and she is non-human. Jon, of course, is 17.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Weird how that link didn't work in the Damian thread but works here.

Either way, I really hope its the return of the Super Sons plus Maya, Kathy, and guest appearances by the Bizarro Boyz!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Weird how that link didn't work in the Damian thread but works here.

Either way, I really hope its the return of the Super Sons plus Maya, Kathy, and guest appearances by the Bizarro Boyz!
    I'm totally not into the Bizarro Boyz at all (don't like the concept of Bizarro planet and never have since I first learned of it), but would love the return of the rest very much.

Yeah I never found the Bizarro Boyz to be as endearing as a lot of others have. I don't mind them returning but I'd rather they didn't. I really want Maya separated from them. It's really shitty how she's pretty much been put in limbo to babysit those two. Never cared either way for Kathy but I guss it'd be cool seeing her back too.

I thought the Bizarro Boy (of Jon) in the Terrifics ongoing was a pretty good story, plus its the last place Maya and Kathy were seen....also I think it ended with Bizarro Boy having a family of bizarros shrunken in a time jar or something.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm totally not into the Bizarro Boyz at all (don't like the concept of Bizarro planet and never have since I first learned of it), but would love the return of the rest very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah I never found the Bizarro Boyz to be as endearing as a lot of others have. I don't mind them returning but I'd rather they didn't. I really want Maya separated from them. It's really shitty how she's pretty much been put in limbo to babysit those two. Never cared either way for Kathy but I guss it'd be cool seeing her back too.
    Not as regulars, but maybe for a funny one-shot or something. Like Damian meeting Rob-zarro.

Either way, there's actually quite a bit to work with for Damian and Jon's generation. Having Maya and Kathy there, bring in Wally's kids, etc. Could even do an animated series with these characters like the animated Teen Titans of the early 2000s. Plenty of comedy and hi-jinks, but also differing personalities, characters, arcs, and reactions to events.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    So this probably means nothing but Jorge Jiminez posted this blackened outline of the Super Sons and I don't recognise the pose as one of his past works on the series. Just thought I should post it here to show my appreciation to my favourite DC duo

https://twitter.com/JorgeJimenezArt/...51663996309504
    Please be a tease of something to come...please be a tease of something to come.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers