Page 24 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

If the sword is connected to the axe, then it should also be like it. Didn't rogal zarr have trouble with metabolising solar radiation? Jon had trouble with solar flare as well. Sword should help in solar radiation control in his body and he absorbs.for me, i don't want jon to be a sun god. I prefer him to be an acrobat(preferable) or even a strongman(clark is a strongman.But, it beats the sungod thing currently going on with superman ). Someone who is more athletic in nature . I don't want jon to get stronger because he bathes in the sun. Its unexciting.

Also, his flight should be made more exciting as well. He needs more movements. Supersons did it. Goldenage comics did it. And that should continue. More arial maneuvers, flips and better hand to hand. Jon gets more refined in that way as he is older now. It has always been my problem with modern superman comics. The action is uninspiring and underwhelming. The hand to hand and panel focus too.

This one punch man manga magic. They need to take more inspiration in action department.
    More can be found here:https://m.imgur.com/gallery/0ASN2

Also,jor el creating the sword would make it less legendary. The sword should be a legend. Otherwise, the arthurian inspiration wouldn't work. I think, harry potter play book would be nice. The axe being the swords twin brother. (voldemort and harry's wand connection)
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-31-2020 at 01:22 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Didn't rogal zarr have trouble with metabolising solar radiation?
    No, I don't recall any instance of Zaar having any issues metabolizing solar energy. If anything, Zaar seemed to never run out of power even without the ax for the bulk of his appearances, and Clark comments on this fact.

Also,jor el creating the sword would make it less legendary. The sword should be a legend. Otherwise, the arthurian inspiration wouldn't work.
    I'm less sure on the idea of Jor-El creating it (not to imply that I'm at all completely sure of any of this), but I won't really rule it out. If Jor-El forged the swords hundreds or thousands of years ago under the direction of the eternal Lords of Order then I'd say it's pretty sufficiency legendary.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

"The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Jon and chris, make it happen dc.
    Edit-it's crazy that most who like jon kent are into mangas and animes rather than just American comics.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-01-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Jon and chris, make it happen dc.
    Edit-it's crazy that most who like jon kent are into mangas and animes rather than just American comics.

And you have no idea how many headcanons I have about Jon being a total otaku XD

He definitely strikes me as a Shounen/Sentai/Kamen Rider kid lol
    Last edited by Blue22; 04-01-2020 at 10:25 PM.

He definitely seems to appeal to that audience. I don't know enough about manga to know why.

But that might explain the split in fandom over Jon; the people who like him seem to really friggin like him, while everyone else largely seems kinda meh about it. At least from what I've noticed personally.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Say what you will about Bendis, and there can be a lot to say, I at least like the idea of Clark, Conner, and Jon all being together with Ma and Pa Kent. It’s nice

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-f1nm_p...d=i5skkqw59kqz
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It's nice but...still so bittersweet.

Yeah! That artstyle isn't growing on me, at all. It's just fluff. Regardless, of bendis or no bendis. Ma and pa were coming back cause of geoff johns. Anybody else would have had to write that scene.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-03-2020 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I need to see the results of this fusion!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I need to see the results of this fusion!
    If dick grayson is the fusion of batman and superman. Then the character born will be much more quirkier, sunny, mean and bratty version of dick grayson.

On a serious note, What do you think will happen if bendis is seriously going to pull on the "one true superman" with jon like jason aaron did with jane thor? Will jon be able to survive the backlash ?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-03-2020 at 10:11 PM.

At this point, it'd just be more backlash on top of the backlash he's already been getting, now that he's replaced the O5 X-Men and Carol Danvers as Bendis' newest publicity stunt.

Just a few more plot twists and unnecessary lionizing. Soon we'll find out that, thanks to some time travel shenanigans, not only was Jon really the first Superman, but he's also Clark's father. Next we'll learn that it was actually his DNA that made Conner.

Last edited by Blue22; 04-03-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'd say someone already beat him to the punch with N52 Superboy.

P. S. I doubt Bendis go that route.