Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Yeah. Looks like Kryptonians operate on Saiyan logic, where having less of that DNA in you somehow makes you stronger XD

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It was addressed in mainline continuity (in Tomasi's Superman). That's why DCeased referenced it.
    Indeed, in Superman #20. This is the exact page I think: https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress...th-2.jpg?w=878

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah. Looks like Kryptonians operate on Saiyan logic, where having less of that DNA in you somehow makes you stronger XD
    Jon just needs to hit Super Kryptonian 2 now.

Jon had two GREAT showings in both DCeased issues today. Tom Taylor is a freaking treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Jon just needs to hit Super Kryptonian 2 now.
    Lol He was already close in Super Sons of Tomorrow. Someone, quick. Give him a robot friend and then step on its head xD

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Jon had two GREAT showings in both DCeased issues today. Tom Taylor is a freaking treasure.

Lol He was already close in Super Sons of Tomorrow. Someone, quick. Give him a robot friend and then step on its head xD
    Oh yeah, the Orion punch and Black Adam bolt feats were awesome....poor Jimmy though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 10-06-2020 at 05:46 PM.

Under Tom Taylor, and having time ACTUALLY progress for everyone else too, Jon is still a good character. Even moreso as a kid.

Though, at times in the book, the artist made what's supposed to be a late teens Jon look more like a 30 something Clark a little too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Though, at times in the book, the artist made what's supposed to be a late teens Jon look more like a 30 something Clark a little too much.
    That's an issue for Cassie and Damian too, honestly. Not that I'm surprised. The DCeased books, themselves, may be great. But I'm not too keen on the art for any of them.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Is'nt the black adam's lightning magic? Jon should be zombified?

Yep and he just shrugged it off. My boy's a badass XD

That jacket should have been fried too but it's somehow completely intact. I assume it's made out of some kind of supercotton XD

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

As much as I love Jon, I don't get his being stronger because human cells are inarguably weaker. He shouldn't overpower Clark, that doesn't make him more interesting. He should be a different kind of Superman. :/

As long as the powerups are earned. I am particularly for the idea that jon would be one day be more powerful if he pushes himself. But, really powerlevels are scalable according to the level of conflict . Jon took a magic based attack like nothing. So, he seems to be already different. Bendis had jon be superstrong without the sun inside a volcano. There was allusions to emotions driving jon's powerlevel in tomasi's run when jon fought Manchester black and when he went nuclear .Taylor seems to be piggybacking on tomasi's run, in general . Its very evident that taylor has atleast read supersons and tomasi's superman. He filters everything through a donner superman and postcrisis superman lens.The kid is malleable until something sticks.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-07-2020 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    As much as I love Jon, I don't get his being stronger because human cells are inarguably weaker. He shouldn't overpower Clark, that doesn't make him more interesting. He should be a different kind of Superman. :/
    I took it to mean something like he was born with the earths yellow sun so he would always have been absorbing its power since the day he was born, unlike Clark who was sent here and learned he got powers this way.

I buy that more then the dna argument personally.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I took it to mean something like he was born with the earths yellow sun so he would always have been absorbing its power since the day he was born, unlike Clark who was sent here and learned he got powers this way.

I buy that more then the dna argument personally.
    Hybrid vigour is better explanation than sun bathing in my opinion. Jon is said to be very miraculous by birth.
    How does that work exactly? Clark had powers as a baby and was here for longer amount of time. If clark is just a battery with no limits. Shouldn't he have been absorbing more energy for longer period of time since he has been here longer? Clark has 40 or 50 years of energy. Jon has 20 at best.

On a fanfic note; here's a Super Kids (Jon, Damian, AND Lyta Trevor) fanfic that takes place with them in Junior High and the same age. So far, each character has their own arc, as well as developing their relationships with one another. Called Trinity, its a fun read, 10 chapters in. The personalities are on cue (fit the characters, but do show proper growth), fun cameos, and exploring the lore of each character's parents. Like Intergang for Jon, the Greek Gods for Lyta, and currently the Court of Owls for Damian.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/23...pters/55987546

Trust me. Along with Multiversal Constant and a few oneshots I've come across, its a REAL pain to find actual quality Super Sons stories. But this one is one of them.